What is the biggest scrape you have ever found?

Turkey Creek

5 year old buck +
What's the biggest scrape you have ever found? I think this one today might be mine, I do vaguely recall another several years ago under a mulberry that was big. Kind of hard to make it out as the soil color is almost the same as the dead grass color. This one was probably 5' x 5'. Under a big red oak tree. Decided to hang a stand close to that tree today. I have seen the deer consistently over there by it. It will take a straight West wind to hunt it and even then there is a chance I could get busted. It will be "The wind is right and I am getting desperate!" stand. LOL

big scrape under oak.jpg

I have a big pin oak where they scrape around every year. One side hangs out over a food plot, and that is the side they like the best. In some years the scrape will be 15 feet long circling with the edge of the tree. The width will only be about 2 or 3 feet. The one you posted above is as big as I ever see otherwise.

This scrape is on the 13 acre cabin property, and is about 5 x 5 or slightly larger. The scrap was present when we bought the property 12 years ago and is used each year. There is an old wood stand that suggests this has been a sign post location for decades.

The tree I had the camera on feel over, so I had to relocate the camera this summer…the change definitely impacted deer movement for a few days, but things are generally back to normal on the number of deer visiting each day.

IMG_0367.jpeg
IMG_0368.jpeg

Biggest I ever found was about 8 X 4. under a beech right at the edge of a swamp. At first I thought it wasn’t real and somebody must have made it but after inspection I’m sure is was real. I found quite late around Dec 1.

Beech is where I've found the biggest ones too.

I found a whole line of scrapes that were anywhere from 3 ft in diameter to the size of car hoods. On public land in spring gobbler season about 2-3 miles back a woods road. It was the most impressive buck sign I've ever seen Rubs on trees that were 4-5 inches in diameter where you could see where the tines were rubbing the trees behind the rub tree.

Here are some of the rubs. I don't think I took any pics of the scrapes or lost them over the years.
rub 1.jpgrub 2.jpg

I have numerous community scrapes that are around 6' diameter. Territory marking scrapes tend to be smaller.

Probably about 6' X 8'. That one was in Maine. Nearby rubs were on 10" dia. white cedars at the edge of a swamp.