Habitat Talk Website update.......!!!

This is all I get on Safari. Tried clearing browser history. Worked fine before the update.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 5.34.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 5.34.52 AM.png
    808.1 KB · Views: 11
One other thing that might be nice. The Home Forums Whats new and Members stays at the top when you scroll down. It would be nice if inbox and alerts stayed at the top as well. Or swap Whats new and Members up where the Alerts and Inbox are. That way as you are reading and scroll down you can be alerted to new messages or inbox items

This is the Safari version I am on. I looked at settings for this site as well nothing being blocked that I could find

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 5.49.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 5.49.58 AM.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 8
This is the Safari version I am on. I looked at settings for this site as well nothing being blocked that I could find
Not sure which version I have, but the computer says all software is up to date.
I'll check which version I have a little later.
Is your Mac operating software version up to dste?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My Safari version is 11.0.02
And my Mac is High Sierra version 10.13.2
As far as I can tell, everything with the forum update works on my computer.

I realize that location can be found by hovering over the avatar, but it is kind of an important item. I often scroll through a thread glancing at the location as I read the posts. In my opinion, location/USDA zone is important enough to include under the avatar for faster access. That may just be me, but if it is not hard, it might be worth consideration.

Thanks,

Jack

I realize that location can be found by hovering over the avatar, but it is kind of an important item. I often scroll through a thread glancing at the location as I read the posts. In my opinion, location/USDA zone is important enough to include under the avatar for faster access. That may just be me, but if it is not hard, it might be worth consideration.

Thanks,

Jack
My feelings, too.
If it were up to me, showing some level of location would be mandatory to enter a post.

Reactions: kl9
Don’t we need a winter scene at the top of the forum at this time of year. Get on it Bill !

Don’t we need a winter scene at the top of the forum at this time of year. Get on it Bill !
Depending on where you are at.....it would just be white!

My Safari version is 11.0.02
And my Mac is High Sierra version 10.13.2
As far as I can tell, everything with the forum update works on my computer.
It shouldnt matter which OS or Safari ver Im on because every other site loads.

[QUOTE="Camp 2 Dukes
It shouldnt matter which OS or Safari ver Im on because every other site loads.[/QUOTE]

I'm the last guy on these forums that will understand all this tech crap so don't think that I'm giving advice on trouble shooting.
I was just saying Safari loads this forum for me. You mentioned the version...I just replied which version is working for me in case that knowing it would be helpful.
Side note...we're currently battling other unexplainable computer issues that are driving us nuts. Man, I hate this sh1t.

Last edited:
Even the reply I just made screwed up the quote section. Did I mention that I hate computer issues?

I just noticed something. At home (where I am now) We use MAC. At work we have windows. It was mentioned earlier about the "tool bar" staying at the top of the screen when scrolling up/down. At work it did just that, at home on my mac, not so much. I am running chrome. Will try opening safari and report back.

EDIT: There are without a doubt some differences in the page between chrome and safari. Not a member of the geek squad so not sure why that would be. I like the way the site looks better on chrome. With that bing said, the "tool bar" is not at the top of my screen like it was on my "pile of shit emoji" Dell, no matter if I use chrome or safari (at home on my mac)

Last edited:
My feelings, too.
If it were up to me, showing some level of location would be mandatory to enter a post.

It shows up under my posts? But I have the info posted to my signature line. If I'm not signed in Imcang see it.

No clue what's up with Safari. It's working ok on my IPad.

John put up the pines but if I can figure it out we'll have snow. Don't hold your breathe! I've been trying to figure out how to make the fonts bigger for 2 days. If you think things look different here you should see the back room. :emoji_face_palm:

Since we are throwing ideas around...

How about a stickied thread in the general forum called General Chat or something.

This could be just a generalized thread where guys can chat back an forth, have side discussions without needing to start a new thread an clog space up.

Sometimes random thoughts cross my mind, and a simple quick answer would suffice with little discussion needed.
or
just general banter about daily things

Last edited:
John put up the pines but if I can figure it out we'll have snow. Don't hold your breathe! I've been trying to figure out how to make the fonts bigger for 2 days. If you think things look different here you should see the back room. :emoji_face_palm:
Is the back end / platform word press?

Is the back end / platform word press?

No its a xenforo proprietary program. this update completly changed the old platform it wasn't just an update to the old system. Need to relearn lots of stuff.

How about a stickied thread in the general forum called General Chat or something.

This could be just a generalized thread where guys can chat back an forth, have side discussions without needing to start a new thread an clog space up.

Sometimes random thoughts cross my mind, and a simple quick answer would suffice with little discussion needed.
or

How about a new section in the general forums. The hang Out? Other topics? Off Topic? something. Kind of a place for non habitat/deer related stuff. Easy to make and itwouldn't be stuck to the top so you have to scroll past it. Tell me what you guys think. Like I said that's and easy one to do.

or

How about a new section in the general forums. The hang Out? Other topics? Off Topic? something. Kind of a place for non habitat/deer related stuff. Easy to make and itwouldn't be stuck to the top so you have to scroll past it. Tell me what you guys think. Like I said that's and easy one to do.
I think any discussions that helps us to connect and become a closer knit group would be a positive addition to this forum.

Another suggestion...
The Deer Hunter Forum, which a lot of us post, and that old defunct forum, both had "Name This Plant" sections. I realize people can still discuss plant ID in the general section, but I prefer when the subject has it's own section.