Habitat Talk Website update.......!!!

Seems a little snappier. The only issue I've seen so far is the emogi size.

I'm not sure Tree Spud. If you get a chance, try a video and we'll see?

Just tried ... the "Insert Image" only recognized pictures and not video files (avi, mp)

Will there be a mobile site? Or is it best to stick with Tapatalk? I was signed out a few days ago, and havent been able to re sign back in via Tapatalk. It says my password or sign in name is wrong, even though, it its not.

Just tried ... the "Insert Image" only recognized pictures and not video files (avi, mp)
Yeah, same thing is happening for me. It would be nice if vids were easier to post.

Will there be a mobile site? Or is it best to stick with Tapatalk? I was signed out a few days ago, and havent been able to re sign back in via Tapatalk. It says my password or sign in name is wrong, even though, it its not.

There is a mobile site and it works really well.

Both mobile and tapatalk are working on the new site (as far as I know). So it's up to personal preference.

I'm still making some fairly big changes, but they will begin to slow down soon. If anyone sees anything odd, let me know please.

-John

Well there is a file size limit of some sort for videos. I tried to load a video of my boy bull riding (nearly 98MB) and no dice, but it did load a video file I took of a mink (57MB) while hunting this past season only to tell me "the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension". Both videos where taken with my i-phone (quick time movie file). These are the only video files I had handy for a test. I was able to attach just like I do pics.... thru the "attach files" icon.

P.S. - the edit function works fine and all of this is thru a laptop and NOT a mobile device.

Here's my 1st try ever for posting a vid thru YouTube. See if it works...

Last edited:
TAP - it appears your you tube video loaded just fine.

That is how you get "Banned" .....politely!!! Man I wish the imogies worked properly!!!!! I'm just screwing with ya!!!!! Hahahahahah!

There is a mobile site and it works really well.

Both mobile and tapatalk are working on the new site (as far as I know). So it's up to personal preference.

I'm still making some fairly big changes, but they will begin to slow down soon. If anyone sees anything odd, let me know please.

-John

I got it figured out!

Holy crap I stayed logged in for the first time in a few months. Otherwise I had to manually do it each time.

Change is good. It keeps us on our toes and up to date. We just need to be patient as they work out any kinks.

Like the changes so far,

I am now able to log on with my mobile an post. An so far it has kept me logged on.

Last edited:
I find that the alerts are slower to operate and there is not a "top" button at the bottom of the screen.

Now i see that an arrow pops up in the lower right corner but you have to scroll to see it. It would be nice if it was just at the bottom like it use to be. NOT trying to complain these are just some opinionated observations.

One question just out of curiosity... is the 4 pics per post limit still in place? For the vast majority of posts not that big of a deal, but for ones where guys have shared project work, land tours, etc, does make for breaking up threads into numerous posts. Truly not that big of deal... I mainly just ask as I've debated going back into my land one to fix broken photobucket links but just haven't made the time to do so.

Should have added to the above I'm GREATLY appreciative of John-W-WI and anyone else who's sacrificing time to moderate / update / and fix bugs as necessary. MUCH appreciated! Extremely thankful to have found this forum after the one that shall not be named slammed their virtual doors shut on so many of us.

I should be able to fix that once Johns done. I don't want to screw with anything while he's making the big bucks :)

Should have added to the above I'm GREATLY appreciative of John-W-WI and anyone else who's sacrificing time to moderate / update / and fix bugs as necessary. MUCH appreciated! Extremely thankful to have found this forum after the one that shall not be named slammed their virtual doors shut on so many of us.

Ok so I made it 10. I don't think that messed with John's work.....