Goldrush harvest time?

CrazyEd

5 year old buck +
For those of you who grow Goldrush, when do you typically harvest? I know it's one of the later ripening varieties and doesnt even fully ripen in some places - which could be likely in my area. So i'm just wonder, if they do ripen when that time might be?

Thanks

I usually start tasting them anytime now and see how they are doing but I remember picking some in mid November in very cold weather and hurting my teeth they were so cold. Best time is last week in October early November

We have our first few Goldrush at camp this year. I'm glad this ? was asked. I wasn't sure when to try one - I guess I'll wait until Halloween or a little later. Anxious !!

We have our first few Goldrush at camp this year. I'm glad this ? was asked. I wasn't sure when to try one - I guess I'll wait until Halloween or a little later. Anxious !!
Try one now or come on over to my place and try one. I have 3 trees that are loaded and 2 of the 3 have larger apples and one a bit smaller. This apple business is crazy!!

I tried one today, i think it needs more time.

CameraZOOM-20151011091403866.jpg

Aero - I'll be up this week !!

I am going up in a little while then leave on Wednesday early afternoon then back Thursday through weekend

My Goldrush are still way too tart, if I remenber correctly, they were at their peak in flavor in mid November last year.

Do these have any disease problems?(CAR)

The few I've had over the last couple years have not ripened by Nov 15th in 5b. I'm guessing yours will ripen some years but not all for you Ed. They may ripen in storage, though.

I tried a Goldrush this past Friday at camp. Crisp and a little tart, but it had sweetness. I think another 2 weeks might peak the flavor.

After tonight all those gold rush might be mush it's supposed to get down to 22° hey why didn't you give me a call this weekend or last week

I just got your message today after I got back from camp. As of the time I left to go to camp, I hadn't received directions to your place. ( I have them now and made a copy to put in my truck ! ) Also - getting cell-phone service at my camp is a hit & miss deal. To be assured of service, I have to drive about 3 miles up to a higher point on another mountain where I can always get service. I have your numbers - now - and can give you a call when I'm up again - likely later this coming week.

There were only 4 apples on the Goldrush. I ate one and I pulled another one for one of our retired members. I tried a couple of the All-Winter-Hangover crabs and they're sweet and tart both. A good eater in my book !!

I just got your message today after I got back from camp. As of the time I left to go to camp, I hadn't received directions to your place. ( I have them now and made a copy to put in my truck ! ) Also - getting cell-phone service at my camp is a hit & miss deal. To be assured of service, I have to drive about 3 miles up to a higher point on another mountain where I can always get service. I have your numbers - now - and can give you a call when I'm up again - likely later this coming week.

There were only 4 apples on the Goldrush. I ate one and I pulled another one for one of our retired members. I tried a couple of the All-Winter-Hangover crabs and they're sweet and tart both. A good eater in my book !!
Wish you came over and took a bunch of apples. I am not sure how they will fare tonight with temps going to around 23. It's 29 now at 11 pm. Picked some nova spy tonight just in case freeze affects apples

I ate a goldrush on sunday morning and it tasted pretty darn good!

They are still hanging great.
CameraZOOM-20151101083024222.jpg

I have a few Goldrush on the ground but most are still hanging. Deer and bear clean them up pretty fast as soon as they fall.
IMG_4661.jpg
on the ground

Mine are still hanging and tasting great

There are still 2 Goldrush hanging on the tree at camp that had 4 this year. The other 2 we picked and ate !! Good apple.

Picked half bushel today and they are not as big as usual I need to get good at thinning next year for sure. Live and learn