Generic Soybeans

Phil

A good 3 year old buck
Does anyone know where I can find generic gly resistant soybeans? I swear I saw them advertised in a Rural King sales flyer for 25 bucks or something like that. I think generic gly resistant beans would be very economical for me.

You can buy them a lot of places. Rural King, Fleet Supply, Co-Ops, etc. I usually get some year old beans from NWTF, MDC, Pheasants Forever or another organization. Usually free - $10/bag. I do a germ test and plant accordingly.

Strike up a conversation with a local farmer if you can. I get all I need for free from the neighbor's leftovers.

Depending on how much you need - talk to a local farmer. See if he will let you have his leftovers out of his drill or planter if you help pr clean out the equipment yourself. Sure your going to get dirty, but it's cheap seed.....most farmers just throw that seed out anyway. Be sure to tell them that your planting it to help you kill more deer.....they tend to like to hear about more dead deer in their area! Also keep in mind this will be on HIS schedule and not yours. This is how I get mine. I get covered in graphite dust but I tend to get the better part of about 2 full bags of seed out of his 12 row planter. Saves him some dirty work saves me some money....win-win!

Another option is your local seed dealer. Tell them you don't care about the brand, you want round-up ready and cheap. They may have some samples bags or busted bags they will sell for cheap or may even give to you, depending on how much you need. Again being tied into the local community they gave me a bag. I came back in later that summer with a batch of deer summer sausage and cheese and crackers as a thank you. It helps grease the wheels!

Keep in mind your asking for help so don't get greedy. I have seen it before where some A-hole was asking for free seed but wanted several bags....don't think so! Lots of that stuff is real expensive for the top notch name brand stuff.

Also look to local NWTF or PF chapters as they tend to sell it as well.

I have seen RR corn at Rural king stores but not soybeans - not saying they don;t I just haven't seen it personally in the 2 stores I frequent. Their web site says they sell 50 lbs bags for $25 - you will have to research if they are RR and the maturity you need. Not sure what the shipping would be either.