G&H Farms

You see why they call them cotton mouths.

Why in the hell were you that close?
Camera has zoom. Dogs bayed it 15 feet off my front steps.

My dogs wear one of those collars that shocks them when they get 100 ft from the house - so 100 ft is their life. It is amazing how many critters they find in their circle of life. Most of it, I would never know it was there if dogs didnt tell me.

My Mt Cur either trees it, bays it, or kills it. The Australian Sheppard is not much on fighting anything - but he comes running to the house - not barking - but screaming - and goes straight to the .22 mag - to get me - and leads me back outside to where his Mt Cur buddy has the critter detained.

IMG_8169.jpeg

Last edited:
Camera has zoom. Dogs bayed it 15 feet off my front steps.

My dogs wear one of those collars that shocks them when they get 100 ft from the house - so 100 ft is their life. It is amazing how many critters they find in their circle of life. Most of it, I would never know it was there if dogs didnt tell me.

My Mt Cur either trees it, bays it, or kills it. The Australian Sheppard is not much on fighting anything - but he comes running to the house - not barking - but screwming - and goes straight to the .22 mag - to get me - and leads me back outside to where his Mt Cur buddy has the critter detained.

View attachment 52549
My dog circles up anything not supposed to be there. Killed three snakes this year she had pinned and barking.

IMG_0873.jpeg
I’ve seen 14 snakes this year and it’s May 10th. 4 poisonous.

Snakes actually pretty scarce at my place - compared to what they used to be. I think the hogs and the gators keep them thinned down

What are you paying for browntop? It’s up to $50/bag here.

IMG_8427.jpeg

Muscadines absolutely full of blooms this spring. Long ways between blooms and jelly

I couldn't even get that much water from the river 1/2 mile away.Where do you get yours?

I couldn't even get that much water from the river 1/2 mile away.Where do you get yours?
Creek comes through my property. During dry, hot weather - not enough water

IMG_8458.jpeg

Artesian well. Bought my place in 2003 and was already there no telling how long. Never stopped flowing

IMG_8457.jpeg

The critters sure enjoy the cool water - especially in the hot, dry summers

Do you have any tile type structure for the cats to spawn in?

No - there are some logs and brush in the pond. I dont want them spawning. I am not a fan of eating catfish. I Put them in the pond for the grandkids to catch.
I’m trying to pull all mine out. Haven’t had much time but I’ve pulled 25 this year so far.

I’m trying to pull all mine out. Haven’t had much time but I’ve pulled 25 this year so far.
I have a lot less than I started with. Got a buddy or two that catches a mess or two every year. They sure get hook shy in a hurry

IMG_8479.jpeg

IMG_8465.jpeg

IMG_2217.png

Every year I have at least one prothonotary warbler nest around my back deck. I have bluebird boxes up, because they are cavity nesters, but they always pick something like a flower pot or under a grill. I have two dogs and they usually end up killing the bird or destroying the nest.