G&H Farms

Just curious, but do you have any idea how far North they are in Arkansas?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
Occasional one up around lake conway - mid state along AR River

our bottomlands are very similar

I hope you got as much work done as I did during this drought

Rains will inevitably come and end all further tractor work around november

bill

our bottomlands are very similar

I hope you got as much work done as I did during this drought

Rains will inevitably come and end all further tractor work around november

bill
I have a lot of work left to do - mostly planting. You go from a drought, to hoping it doesnt get too wet, too quick

Lawn mower Plant Mower Automotive tire Motor vehicle

planted a ton of wheat today along with a little clover. Got down to where I was going to plant and a new $180 bag of ladino clover happen to have a hole the size of my thumbnail and about half of it had spilled out by the time I got where it was going. Salvaged some and planted a long trail of clover getting there.

Plant Green Nature Tree Grass

a big doe wasnt too disturbed with me circling the food plots

Automotive tire Natural material Scaled reptile Terrestrial plant Landscape

Got back to the house right at dark and first thing I saw was a rattlesnake in edge of yard. Aint gonna lie - picked up the first stick I could find - rotten - and tried to put a hurting on him. Stick turned into sawdust when I tried to hit him and my safety glasses fell off my head onto the snake. Of course, snake got away at edge of yard. I got my glasses back, and get to worry about the dogs getting on the snake now.

Lawn mower Plant Mower Automotive tire Motor vehicle

planted a ton of wheat today along with a little clover. Got down to where I was going to plant and a new $180 bag of ladino clover happen to have a hole the size of my thumbnail and about half of it had spilled out by the time I got where it was going. Salvaged some and planted a long trail of clover getting there.

Plant Green Nature Tree Grass

a big doe wasnt too disturbed with me circling the food plots

Automotive tire Natural material Scaled reptile Terrestrial plant Landscape

Got back to the house right at dark and first thing I saw was a rattlesnake in edge of yard. Aint gonna lie - picked up the first stick I could find - rotten - and tried to put a hurting on him. Stick turned into sawdust when I tried to hit him and my safety glasses fell off my head onto the snake. Of course, snake got away at edge of yard. I got my glasses back, and get to worry about the dogs getting on the snake now.

I created a visual of this snake encounter in my head and it was hilarious! I wonder how it compared to the real events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I created a visual of this snake encounter in my head and it was hilarious! I wonder how it compared to the real events?

It was probably pretty accurate. I didnt mention in the heat of the moment, I had brain cramp and actually tried to grab him by the tail and jerk him back out in the open as he left out. Probably fortunate that didnt work.

I have a lot of work left to do - mostly planting. You go from a drought, to hoping it doesnt get too wet, too quick
Probably going to get some 4 or 5 inches of rain today. Wont be able to get a tractor in the bottoms until June unless the drought shows back up.

We have gotten 4-5” in the last 4 months combined! Crazy rain!

Hunting Deer hunting Plant Hat Tree

First pig in awhile. Bumper pecan crop and they cant stay away. 122 yards and dropped in her tracks is a pretty decent shot for an old Rem 597 .22 mag. Got a couple more grillers - had to quick turn scope down from 9 to 3 to find them running by at 15 yards. Was about 20 of them. A few pigs have showed back up - and the coyotes with them.
Atmosphere Plant Black Leaf Branch

Honey locust fell across the trail. Didnt have my saw with me so had to detour. Quite possibly the longest spines I have ever seen on one of these trees. Some probably 15” long. Not driving over this in the ranger

IMG_9569.jpeg

Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree People in nature

This is the last food plot I planted this year. Planted it last Wednesday and a week later already coming up. It did have five inches of rain on it.

Sky Plant Natural landscape People in nature Tree

This is a four acre plot around my pond. It is top sown wheat that was spread on disked ground two weeks before dove season. Also some volunteer browntop millet that has gone to seed. It and the johnson grass are not long for the world with the cold nights. Also contains a healthy crop of annual ryegrass that showed up in all my plots a few years ago. I dont like it, but the deer do eat it. Thinking about planting sunflowers in this field next year so I can kill the ryegrass before it flowers and goes to seed

Sky Plant Leaf Natural environment Natural landscape

This is a two acre wheat and clover plot - one of the first I planted in early Oct. The wheat is six inches tall. That means the deer arent using it - although there are a dozen deer each night in it using the feeder

Sky Plant Natural landscape Sunlight Tree

Hogs decided to help with food plot tillage in a four hundred yard long food plot. Long, straight food plots are nice to plant

Water Sky Water resources Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams

This duck hole already half full of water - from the last couple of rains we had. Dont know why I call it a duck hole anymore - hasnt had a duck on it in last two years.

Sky Plant Natural landscape People in nature Branch

My favorite food plot - clover and wheat. Seven acres in a natural native pecan grove. A little slow to come in this year. The combination of wheat, clover, and native pecans make this a popular spot for wildlife. Crows, hogs, deer, turkeys, coons, squirrels, skunks - and ducks when it floods. My son killed a 148” deer here last year. We see a ton of deer here - but it is surprisingly not a good big buck spot. The deer my son killed last year is the only decent buck we have ever seen here.

IMG_9605.png
Put the big old boy pump to work today

IMG_9606.png
10”, 3500 gallons per minute

IMG_9602.jpeg

My place Ready for the ducks - if one decides to come this far south anymore. 2 acre, five acre, and 8 acre holes of water.