Forum Tips & Tricks

FarmerDan

5 year old buck +
Since a lot of us are here for the first time today - and others will come soon- maybe some tips and tricks for using the forum?

For example, I see there's a way to upload files, but what kind? Size limits. I'm sure all that's in here somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm old and am running out of time. So, I want to make the best use of it!

If you've been here a while what might seem ordinary, probably seems mysterious to me! Spell checker?

If you post pics from your phone using the Tapatalk app, you just upload them, picture is resized automatically and it posts it.

My only good tip is to use tapatalk for posting pictures or video.

When posting you can click on the picture icon above and post a link like it was at QDMA. But with tapatalk it goes right from your device to the site. Quality is reduced a bit but it's easy as heck.

I've been able to post photos from my phone and laptop. Easier on laptop. I tried Tapatalk some but was already used to how I do it. File size seems generous but generally crop and resize before posting.

Unless you want to receive a million emails make sure the receive email box is unchecked when subscribing to a thread. You can still get alerts that will show up in the top right between inbox and logout.

I've been member of this forum for a while but what the hell is Tapatalk and how is it use. Sorry, a little edgy tonight. Explain please to a uneducated mountain boy.

Unless you want to receive a million emails make sure the receive email box is unchecked when subscribing to a thread. You can still get alerts that will show up in the top right between inbox and logout.
Good tip. You'll get emailed from the system about every post if you don't uncheck that. It's a system thing we can't undo.

I've been member of this forum for a while but what the hell is Tapatalk and how is it use. Sorry, a little edgy tonight. Explain please to a uneducated mountain boy.
Tapatalk is a free app you can download. It monitors any and all forums you visit. You can post directly from it.

I only use for posting pics because it makes it so easy.

I also just use photo bucket. Never tried Tapatalk

Yep....my wife called to inform me of that detail earlier....:D

Tapatalk is awesome guys, makes using a smart phone a breeze!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never used tapatalk and have never had any issues posting pics. I do resize them so they are no larger than 10", but I was doing that as a curtesy and have no clue if that matters.

What I would say to remember to do for sure is click the Watch Thread tab on the top of each thread when you make a post and unclick the email option or you're going to get an awful lot of emails some times. Unless someone has figured out something I haven't (VERY possible), you need to do that every time you make a post.

I know this is kind of a silly thing but I like the "Like button" following peoples posts. Lets others know you have read their post without being redundant and typing the same thing someone else already said about what has already been posted. If you are one of those people who has to have the last word then the "Like Button" is not your friend!:D I think it keeps people motivated to post, I feel some people get discouraged from contributing because they dont think anybody is reading their posts. Pretty simple to tap the button if you like what has already been said.

Last edited:
I've never used tapatalk and have never had any issues posting pics. I do resize them so they are no larger than 10", but I was doing that as a curtesy and have no clue if that matters.

What I would say to remember to do for sure is click the Watch Thread tab on the top of each thread when you make a post and unclick the email option or you're going to get an awful lot of emails some times. Unless someone has figured out something I haven't (VERY possible), you need to do that every time you make a post.
Not sure what I have done but I only get sporadic email notifications on threads and I dont click anything to block the emails on specific threads, I do always get a notification when I have a PM.

Seems like with all the buzz going on here today I should check in. A couple of thoughts:

Tapatalk is a mobile phone app that makes reading/posting simple. It automates some of the more difficult tasks for you automatically. But it doesn't work from your computer.

The specifics on file sizes for the site are as follows:
8 megs per image
10 images per post

If you upload images that big it might get a little hard to read :)

-John

I never get emails about replies to my posts. Can't remember what I checked where in the settings to so it. I'll look.

There is a menu up top called "Alerts". Then under alert preferences, I have everything unchecked.

As chickenlittle said Unchecked the email option under your preferences
Screenshot_2016-07-20-23-34-00.png

chickenlittle and kabic......thank you, thank you THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Been here off and on pretty much from day 1, looked for that at least 5 times. You guys made me feel like I was blind, but I think I got it now. If you can't tell, I appreciate it!

If you are uploading photos and are NOT using Tapatalk you can click the "Full Image" button to get an inline photo instead of a thumbnail that people have to click.
fullimage.jpg