Final cam pull (some lived)

SD51555

5 year old buck +
Pulled the cams for the season. Some signs of hope from the property. We had three cameras set up for the last pull. Most of the bucks we saw on camera on our property lived through the rifle season. Fingers crossed for a tolerable winter. We may just get lucky and have some 2.5's and 3.5's running around next year.

MFDC0241.JPG

This guy survived rifle season!
MFDC0437.JPG

MFDC0438.JPG

Last card pull, this guy broke off one of his G2s, now it looks like he broke off both of them.
MFDC0007.JPG

MFDC0208.JPG

MFDC0216.JPG

Who said there are no deer in MN. Your better off then I am.

I like that last picture!

Do you have a clearcut in the background?

5 deer in one picture! You have to start somewhere. I think we are all in the same boat needing a normal to mild winter.

looks encouraging for you! also looks like some fine shed donors walking around.

I like that last picture!

Do you have a clearcut in the background?
The last owner did a select cut on the white oaks before he let it go to the bank. That sucked, but it also gave us a blank slate for that plot the 5 does are walking through.

looks encouraging for you! also looks like some fine shed donors walking around.
I've got my fingers crossed Phil. I was telling my brother last night that it's too bad we couldn't squeeze a few more inches outta that plot to keep em around till they drop.

Who said there are no deer in MN. Your better off then I am.
I am truly worried we have concentrated what few deer we have in the area on our property. The rest of the neighborhood gets marched quite a bit. We hardly set foot on our property this fall, and that was by design.

The first buck is a dandy. Killable too if he is going to move during daylight like that.

I've got my fingers crossed Phil. I was telling my brother last night that it's too bad we couldn't squeeze a few more inches outta that plot to keep em around till they drop.
thermal cover and browse will help accomplish that as well.

Just curious SD...do you pull the cams due to not getting up there much over the winter? I'll run mine until antler drop, or beyond if the temps don't get like they did last year.
It's a timing thing. Fall and winter are my busy seasons, and it's gonna get hard to get up there. I also didn't want to risk a thigh high snow retrieval. We don't see much thru winter and bring in the cams to get em out of the elements for a while.

I'll put em back out early May when I go up to plant my spruce Underground Railroad.

Nice to know some bone made it for you.

Deer in our area still have a 10 day muzzleloader season to get through.

I hope you guys up there get a break this winter and the deer drop good # of fawns next spring.

The math hit me today. If for one year a person passed a doe, that puts 3 more deer on the landscape for the following year. Not a new idea, but the simplicity of it hit me today. Sometimes the incredibly obvious things take a little longer to sink in.

I got a friend in Se Mn. that told me to shoot a doe and we have just cut the deer numbers by 3. He wants a few more killed. Right in the SE corner of the state-Houston County.

Perspectives are sure different between him and me.

I spoke with Gino Deanglo a couple weeks ago and he indicated that a doe saved puts 2 deer on the map for the following deer season for our area in central MN.

Nice deer, that is encouraging