All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Field Peas

I replant the grains, peas, and turnip/radishes every year but I don't have to replant the clover every year. Typically mow everything down hit the plots with a light discing then replant and good to go.

I got my soil test back from Bio Logic on my oat and pea plot. It says Actual soil ph is 5.6 Desired ph is 6.5. Need to add lime 3500lb/acre. Nitrogen 40 Potash 50.

It says to add 34-0-0 118 lb/acre and 0-0-60 83 lb/acre.

I sprayed this plot with glyphosate on May 10th. Plowed and went over with a cultivating tool June 15. Limed and cultivated the lime in July 31. Planted oat and 4010 pea mix and fertilized with urea on August 4th.food plot 2016 2016-07-29 007.JPG

Lookin good so far. Now how long before the peas are hoovered?

Last edited:
Lookin good so far. Now how long before the peas are hoovered?

1 acre only lasted me 4-5 days. However, I did notice when they nipped the tops off of them 2 more leaves branched off of it and came back within a week. The leaves only got to be about the size of a nickel before they clipped them off.

Fat Lab sounds like you must have a high deer population.

1 acre only lasted me 4-5 days. However, I did notice when they nipped the tops off of them 2 more leaves branched off of it and came back within a week. The leaves only got to be about the size of a nickel before they clipped them off.
Typical.

Looking good!

Nice plot !!