Field Peas

I replant the grains, peas, and turnip/radishes every year but I don't have to replant the clover every year. Typically mow everything down hit the plots with a light discing then replant and good to go.

I got my soil test back from Bio Logic on my oat and pea plot. It says Actual soil ph is 5.6 Desired ph is 6.5. Need to add lime 3500lb/acre. Nitrogen 40 Potash 50.

It says to add 34-0-0 118 lb/acre and 0-0-60 83 lb/acre.

I sprayed this plot with glyphosate on May 10th. Plowed and went over with a cultivating tool June 15. Limed and cultivated the lime in July 31. Planted oat and 4010 pea mix and fertilized with urea on August 4th.food plot 2016 2016-07-29 007.JPG

Lookin good so far. Now how long before the peas are hoovered?

Last edited:
Lookin good so far. Now how long before the peas are hoovered?

1 acre only lasted me 4-5 days. However, I did notice when they nipped the tops off of them 2 more leaves branched off of it and came back within a week. The leaves only got to be about the size of a nickel before they clipped them off.

Fat Lab sounds like you must have a high deer population.

1 acre only lasted me 4-5 days. However, I did notice when they nipped the tops off of them 2 more leaves branched off of it and came back within a week. The leaves only got to be about the size of a nickel before they clipped them off.
Typical.

Looking good!

Nice plot !!