All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early dropping Persimmon

RonDon

Yearling... With promise
Im in search of early dropping persimmon scions. Most of the persimmons on our place drop late. Last year I got some scions from Englands that Cliff recommended (wonderfull, dollywood, and 100-46). The 100-46 are the only grafts that took so im trying to find some more scions of wonderful and dollywood if anyone has any of those trees? I sent Cliff an email but didnt hear back.

Im in search of early dropping persimmon scions. Most of the persimmons on our place drop late. Last year I got some scions from Englands that Cliff recommended (wonderfull, dollywood, and 100-46). The 100-46 are the only grafts that took so im trying to find some more scions of wonderful and dollywood if anyone has any of those trees? I sent Cliff an email but didnt hear back.

Cliff usually responds to my emails, but he seems to do better on the phone. I think I have late drop covered pretty well. I've recently started to work on early drop. I sent an email to cliff quite a while back asking about early drop. Here was his response to that question:

"There are Many Persimmons that ripen before Oct Like Prok and I-94 and J-59, I-115, and Right now that are all that come to mind."

I got J-59 from him last year. I had at least one tree take. In a year or so, it will be ready to collect scions from. I haven't tried I-94 or I-115 yet.

Thanks,

Jack