Drew New Mexico elk tag

Weed Wacker

5 year old buck +
I drew a elk tag for unit 16E September 15 to 24. I am going with an outfitter. Did anyone on here ever archery hunt that unit? And if you did what can you say about the area? It was on the 3rd choice. I left it up to my outfitter which units to put in at 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Anywhere in 15 or 16 is trophy elk territory. The land is beautiful. I have not hunted elk there but have done other hunts in the Gila and Apache National forest. I have steered many people there for elk and they've done real well. Have you hunted elk before out West?

Never hunted New Mexico. But I'll take a steak if you get one. No better meat on the planet...

Anywhere in 15 or 16 is trophy elk territory. The land is beautiful. I have not hunted elk there but have done other hunts in the Gila and Apache National forest. I have steered many people there for elk and they've done real well. Have you hunted elk before out West?
Yes I have archery and rifle hunted for elk before and killed bulls with eaither wepon, just not in NM.

Bill, I would gladly give you an elk steak, we don't even live that far apart and I do a good bit of work over your way. BUT first I have to get one

Hope you didn't use all your luck just drawing the tag.Good luck

Hope you didn't use all your luck just drawing the tag.Good luck
You and me both. Main thing is to just enjoy the trip.