Iowa for Ohio

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
I know this is a bit of long shot, but I drew an Iowa unit 8 archery tag. Yep that sounds great; however, the farms my friends own and said I could hunt are not in Unit 8 as they thought.

So if there is anyone that has a good place to hunt in Unit 8, I will give them 7 days of hunting in Ohio in exchange. All they have to do is buy the tag and license. They can stay at my farm and all food and drink will be on me.

If you know anyone interested, send me a PM. WTNUT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heck of an offer... I have no contacts in Iowa, but I've been putting in for points.

Hope you find something out. I can tell you fellas, WTNUT's Ohio setup is pretty slick

Where is Unit 8?

Eastern side IMG_2046.jpg

The farm in Ohio they would hunt is approximately 1,200 acres with 8-10 percent in food plots. There is about 900 acres of timber. The rest is fields and plots. It is a nice farm.

The landowner I was thinking of is in Clayton county so that is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only connection is in 6 and that’s a long shot.

My only connection is in 6 and that’s a long shot.

The shot does not worry me in the least bit. My concern is if I hit my target - no unit 6 tag could be a problem I do not want ha ha.

no unit 6 tag could be a problem I do not want ha ha.

I dunno, unit 6, unit 8, what's really the difference. Seems like you're getting tangled up in the semantics of it all...

haha... seriously tho, i hope you find a spot. I have a contact in Dubuque, but i've been trying to have him find me a DIY farm to let me run for a while and he cant seem to make it happen.

I was born in Jackson county, beautiful area.

I know this is a bit of long shot, but I drew an Iowa unit 8 archery tag. Yep that sounds great; however, the farms my friends own and said I could hunt are not in Unit 8 as they thought.

So if there is anyone that has a good place to hunt in Unit 8, I will give them 7 days of hunting in Ohio in exchange. All they have to do is buy the tag and license. They can stay at my farm and all food and drink will be on me.

I would take a long weekend and drive down to Iowa and stop at a few farms and tell them the situation. I have a farm in Iowa, it’s not out of the question to get permission on a farm (archery). Tell them it’s one time shot, I’ve had decent luck getting permission by simply asking.

Iowa is awfully good, even a rough pasture farm should produce action.

I'd set my sights on Pine Valley Nature Area on the west side of Jackson County.

I'm a little surprised this isn't a more common thing here. i know everyone puts in their time and energy to make their place a great hunt but what a great way to get to other states.

I'm a little surprised this isn't a more common thing here. i know everyone puts in their time and energy to make their place a great hunt but what a great way to get to other states.
Biggest issue IMO, I put in as much work as I do, but when the hunting gets hot, If you think i'm not gonna be at my farm enjoying it, you're wrong.

Unless I tag out early, which never seems to happen. Ever.

I would take a long weekend and drive down to Iowa and stop at a few farms and tell them the situation. I have a farm in Iowa, it’s not out of the question to get permission on a farm (archery). Tell them it’s one time shot, I’ve had decent luck getting permission by simply asking.

Iowa is awfully good, even a rough pasture farm should produce action.

That is pretty funny. I told my friends the same thing. I don’t need 4,000 acres a clump of brush and 20 acres may hold the largest buck in the unit ha ha.