Deal of the day

']Oh sh!t, you just made me spit coffee...My grandfather used to chew me and my brother out big time, when we were kids, for using anything more than 1 square. It's wasteful, you know! I never even tried, as I always figured the butt chewing was worth not having crap all over my fingers.[/URL]

Last year an old farmer told me his trick for wiping with one square. First you tear out the middle and set it aside. Then you poke your finger through the hole and wipe with the protruding finger and when you pull the square away it cleans off your finger and you discard that. The middle previously removed was then used to clean under the fingernail. An old military urban legend, at least I hope it was an urban legend!

You need decent identification skills but Mother Nature has plenty of things that would beat one square. It might be a little more coarse than tp but it will get the job done.
An oak leaf with a follow up of grass isn't all that bad.

Identification skills are a must for this one. I couldn't imanage getting poision olk or ivy mixed in for that job.

Identification skills are a must for this one. I couldn't imanage getting poision olk or ivy mixed in for that job.
Sometimes learning is tough.

You need decent identification skills but Mother Nature has plenty of things that would beat one square. It might be a little more coarse than tp but it will get the job done.
An oak leaf with a follow up of grass isn't all that bad.

It's usually covered in dew when I have the "need" - wet slippery leaves on the bum don't work very well IMO. :)

I've also been caught in a pine plantation. Dry pine needles don't work at all.

It's usually covered in dew when I have the "need" - wet slippery leaves on the bum don't work very well IMO. :)

I've also been caught in a pine plantation. Dry pine needles don't work at all.
How about a pine cone. But that would have to be a one way swipe.

I'd go with a corn cob first. :p

This why I always wear clean socks and sleeved shirts when I go into the woods. Bare feet in boots or sleeveless is a lot less discomfort that doing a waddle back with a muddy bottom. A tiny slit with a knife on the outside of the hem on your shirt will enable it to be torn off swiftly and cleanly.

We had a tanish colored washcloth in BCT we used to soak up sweat inside the k-pot and also we'd soak it in water to help cool down in full battle rattle in the field (I was in when it was still the dark green/brown/black and tan woodland camo and those get HOT in Kentucky). I needed to go while out on land nav and didn't have a shovel and wasn't going to make it to the porta biffy's at the course post. So I did my deed and covered it with the "used" washcloth. I over heard someone found it. :D I guess that's the price of not being able to navigate well. I was way out of any of the destinations - heck, it was semi private when I was there.

Heck, a 20" piece of plastic culvert pipe, 15"diameter, stood on end, with some tp in a plastic coffee can w/lid comes in very handy. I have 3 of them strategically placed around our 80 acres all within reasoanble sprinting distance of our tree stands. What a relief! "Necessity is the mother of invention."

best stand I had leaned out over the brook, great most of the time unless the brook froze over.

Nice sized food plot tractor and loader going on auction near mps metro area. Don't know condition...but price is currently low....
http://k-bid.com/auction/1806/item/21

Just picked up a 2001 Yamaha bear tracker for $250. Good tires and starts right up. Wasn't used much either. Sometimes a guy wins.

Just picked up a 2001 Yamaha bear tracker for $250. Good tires and starts right up. Wasn't used much either. Sometimes a guy wins.
Wow. Sounds like a heckuva deal. Pictures?

Good buy. Were still waiting for the pics.

U guys arent very patient, my frig took a crap on me. I have been in negotiate mode and busy. Got a great deal on the Samsung frig too!
After all these years this is my first 4 wheeler. Apparently it hasn't been used much
6F978F1C-D7FC-4940-88E4-B9017694A5B1.jpg

^ Nice Dipper. enjoy!

Just saw an interesting electric truck on Craigs List. Not particually "cheap" but I could see lots of uses for an electric truck instead of a golf cart or UTV.
Looks like a Mercedes: http://brainerd.craigslist.org/rvs/4672080144.html