Deal of the day

I went ahead and Purchased one of the Brush Bull Mowers and now and am planning on driving over to Appleton WI this coming Saturday to pick it up. Google Maps recommends two routes, either 29 out of Chippewa Falls to 39 south or 94 to Osseo to 10 through Wisconsin Rapids to Appleton. Difference is about 10 miles with the longer drive via 29 being about 20 minutes shorter.

I'll need a good place to stop for a quality beer and burger and always like a nice drive so any recommendations on either route or places to stop is appreciated?

By the way I got a couple of quotes on shipping and it was around $400 so I decided to drive and pick it up.

I went ahead and Purchased one of the Brush Bull Mowers and now and am planning on driving over to Appleton WI this coming Saturday to pick it up. Google Maps recommends two routes, either 29 out of Chippewa Falls to 39 south or 94 to Osseo to 10 through Wisconsin Rapids to Appleton. Difference is about 10 miles with the longer drive via 29 being about 20 minutes shorter.

I'll need a good place to stop for a quality beer and burger and always like a nice drive so any recommendations on either route or places to stop is appreciated?

By the way I got a couple of quotes on shipping and it was around $400 so I decided to drive and pick it up.

Whomever is the freight carried for Mills FF would likely be able to throw it on a short load heading from the HUGE warehouse in Appleton to Brainerd.....and may give you a break on the motor freight costs (?). But a drive to Appleton includes a beer stop......so I would go with your plan. Grin.

This is WI, a "quality'' beer stop is on just about every street corner. As far as food goes, take the Hwy 10 route out of Osseo, and when you get there, stop here..........

https://norskenook.com/

Get some pie, you'll be sorry if you don't.

This is WI, a "quality'' beer stop is on just about every street corner. As far as food goes, take the Hwy 10 route out of Osseo, and when you get there, stop here..........

https://norskenook.com/

Get some pie, you'll be sorry if you don't.
Looks Good wiscwhip, I grew up eating home made pie. My moms originally from Cumberland so maybe thats where it comes from. I could live on pie and beer.

What whip said.

If you're coming over on Hwy 10 just west of Appleton, I'd use the Hwy 76, Shiocton exit or the next one Cty CB to head north to Hwy 15. If you go too far east on Hwy 10 you'll run into construction and there is no real good way to go north to get to Hwy 41 anyway. Always wondered why they did it that stupid way but I think it might be easier to get to North 41 when they get done ripping everything up.

If your on 29 in Wausau you can stop it the Great Dane for homemade brews. They have one in the southern part of the state and its yummy. Try the Crop Wheat Circle.

In Steven Point try Hill Top Pub. The Polish Connection in Appleton won't be done for a couple of years. No north bound ramp to 41.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

If you're coming over on Hwy 10 just west of Appleton, I'd use the Hwy 76, Shiocton exit or the next one Cty CB to head north to Hwy 15. If you go too far east on Hwy 10 you'll run into construction and there is no real good way to go north to get to Hwy 41 anyway. Always wondered why they did it that stupid way but I think it might be easier to get to North 41 when they get done ripping everything up.
Thanks for the heads-up. I hate road construction particularly when pulling a trailer.

If your on 29 in Wausau you can stop it the Great Dane for homemade brews. They have one in the southern part of the state and its yummy. Try the Crop Wheat Circle.
In Steven Point try Hill Top Pub. The Polish Connection in Appleton won't be done for a couple of years. No north bound ramp to 41.
Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Thanks guys, looks like I might eat and drink my way to and from Appleton. Wisconsin is always great for food and drink. :)