All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Database of government farm program payments?

TMIL

5 year old buck +
Hi all - I'm looking for a little help. A few years ago on that other forum, someone posted a link to look up what payments were made to individuals for CRP, CREP, etc. Some of you might remember it ... someone posted it to show that Duffy and his family had been paid 1 million in subsidies for their hunting operation. Haha! I can't seem to find it now ... anyone have that link?

Oh yeah, I'm looking for Illinois.

Just remember that these people are getting paid for working unlike the many who get paid not to work.

That would be a little surprising to be paid a million, there is a cap on it now. CRP has a cap as well, and some individuals are not eligible for CRP if they make X amount of income--I don't remember the number right now.

CRP could be classified as a subsidy, but it is a wildlife habitat/water quality program. It certainly works, and for the small cost (less than .5%) of our total budget, I think it is great use of dollars by our government!

In the current farm bill, average AGI cannot exceed $900,000 to receive payments. FSA takes the average of the taxable three preceding years to the most current year.

In the current farm bill, average AGI cannot exceed $900,000 to receive payments. FSA takes the average of the taxable three preceding years to the most current year.

If your "Taxable income" as a farmer averages greater then $900,000, you are either a very large farmer, or you have a bad accountant!

If your "Taxable income" as a farmer averages greater then $900,000, you are either a very large farmer, or you have a bad accountant!
You would be surprised. It's not just $900,000 from farming.....
A million dollars? It's not impossible. First, you must be actively engaged in farming. The payment limit per year per farm is currently $125,000. But, one can "earn" it in multiple ways. For example, I am a sole proprietor. My limit is $125,000. Then, maybe my wife and I have another operation as a joint venture. You guessed it. The limit is another $125,000. Want to join an LLC? Another $125,000. There's no guarantee there will be any payment in any given year. Least you think its just a big give away, consider the implications without it. Now, we can have a civil debate about those considerations, but, if you are here, you know the costs and the risks involved.