Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

I haven't gone back and read everything but are they not making remote cams anymore?
they are making them , just waiting for the new model to arrive and they will be in very short supply

I haven't gone back and read everything but are they not making remote cams anymore?
They have discontinued the J and G and are coming out with a model L. They have not allowed for an overlap because of supply chain problems. The new models are due out September or October. Poor timing with hunting season right around the corner.

They have discontinued the J and G and are coming out with a model L
. They have not allowed for an overlap because of supply chain problems. The new models are due out September or October. Poor timing with hunting season right around the corner.
poor timing isnt the fault of Cuddeback , parts were ordered 2 YEARS Ago, that is the state of the electronics world right now, in many cases in the past, 30 days was enough time to order .

6C8110E4-056B-4B75-9BAF-7F013BC4474D.jpeg
I just recently set up this network and I have been having issues with it. This is my 4th network and the other three have been running for a couple of years without issue.
My issue is, that the remotes are building up a queue of pictures and not sending them to the home. I recognize that the link level of 10 is too low and I am planning on adjusting locations to get that one higher, but why are the other cameras not sending the pictures? Is there something wrong with the home camera or my settings?

View attachment 45308
I just recently set up this network and I have been having issues with it. This is my 4th network and the other three have been running for a couple of years without issue.
My issue is, that the remotes are building up a queue of pictures and not sending them to the home. I recognize that the link level of 10 is too low and I am planning on adjusting locations to get that one higher, but why are the other cameras not sending the pictures? Is there something wrong with the home camera or my settings?
some possibilities are -possible interference from another network using one of the same channel numbers is a possibility , if you are using cameras on mineral or bait you may need to lengthen delay to limit images in peak periods. If one camera is worse than others it may have a bad antenna . Make sure your cell rate is set 1 hour or 10 images , this keeps the que clean during slow movement hours so it can handle more pics during peak movement. if its set below 10 images and especially if its set at batch 1 or 2 this will bog your network down.

Is it possible that camera 2 is set as a home and causing all these issues? Camera 1 is set as home and is the only cell camera. I don’t think it is possible that there is another network interfering. I don’t believe there could even be another network within a mile, but I might have accidentally set camera 2 as a home instead of a remote. However, this network has been working for about 5 days, sending pictures from the cell home. I do have the cell set at batch 15 and I have longer delays at all the remote cameras as they are on bait or minerals. I think I need to get out there, but the earliest will be about a week from now, unfortunately.

Is it possible that camera 2 is set as a home and causing all these issues? Camera 1 is set as home and is the only cell camera. I don’t think it is possible that there is another network interfering. I don’t believe there could even be another network within a mile, but I might have accidentally set camera 2 as a home instead of a remote. However, this network has been working for about 5 days, sending pictures from the cell home. I do have the cell set at batch 15 and I have longer delays at all the remote cameras as they are on bait or minerals. I think I need to get out there, but the earliest will be about a week from now, unfortunately.
your report doesnt show it as a home so its unlikely. if you run multiple remotes on bait you may need to adjust even more, make sure your home is not on bait or mineral or at least is the least triggered cmaera as it will slow everything down in regards to receiving images from remotes.

The home is not on bait, and generally, gets very few pictures. All of my other camera networks have more cameras and take more pictures every day than this network, all without issue (one network has 16 cameras and sends about 500 pictures per day). The other networks all have K camera homes, so I was also thinking that maybe the G homes are not as robust, or perhaps there is a SD card issue. Could the SD card in the home be the problem?

The home is not on bait, and generally, gets very few pictures. All of my other camera networks have more cameras and take more pictures every day than this network, all without issue (one network has 16 cameras and sends about 500 pictures per day). The other networks all have K camera homes, so I was also thinking that maybe the G homes are not as robust, or perhaps there is a SD card issue. Could the SD card in the home be the problem?
SD card could be an issue, bad antenna is another , or a bad radio , in that case it likely wouldn't send at all. G and K are identical in design other than the internal battery requirement which has no bearing on this issue.

SD card could be an issue, bad antenna is another , or a bad radio , in that case it likely wouldn't send at all. G and K are identical in design other than the internal battery requirement which has no bearing on this issue.
With that report, the home camera did send 1 picture from the the home camera itself, so would that mean the radio is probably ok, and the issue would more likely be the link antenna? If it is the link antenna, why does the report say the link level is good, 64 at Eds Yard Blind camera in particular?

With that report, the home camera did send 1 picture from the the home camera itself, so would that mean the radio is probably ok, and the issue would more likely be the link antenna? If it is the link antenna, why does the report say the link level is good, 64 at Eds Yard Blind camera in particular?
the report is a snapshot in time, its not a real time reading. If you feel that the network is an issue you are going to have to experiment with some of the things i listed ot find if they work better, very difficult for me to continue to guess without being there. You could also swap out home units with another network and see if one performs better than the other.

the report is a snapshot in time, its not a real time reading. If you feel that the network is an issue you are going to have to experiment with some of the things i listed ot find if they work better, very difficult for me to continue to guess without being there. You could also swap out home units with another network and see if one performs better than the other.
I always hate messing with a home camera if it seems good. You could swap a couple remote cameras and see if the problem follows the camera or the location.

pm me your log in email and password for the cuddeback cell management page and ill take a look

Thank you for your suggestions. That network is a long ways from my house, so I was just trying figure out what it might be, so that I can bring all the appropriate tools with me when I go up there.

pm me your log in email and password for the cuddeback cell management page and ill take a look
I sent you a pm. Thank you in advance for your help!

If I have to replace a Cuddelink Cellular Home camera, do I need to go to each remote camera and reset them, or will they all just connect fine to the new home (assuming I use the same channel)?

Last edited:
I’ve tried formatting two different SD cards and updating the firmware and it still says check sd

If I have to replace a Cuddelink Cellular Home camera, do I need to go to each remote camera and reset them, or will they all just connect fine to the new home (assuming I use the same channel)?
no set it at the same channel and firmware and they will connect, but to speed it up go to one remote , check for link level and then arm that remote, at that point the home will connect faster to the remainder.

I’ve tried formatting two different SD cards and updating the firmware and it still says check sd
did you unzip the file and then copy that to the formatted card?

no set it at the same channel and firmware and they will connect, but to speed it up go to one remote , check for link level and then arm that remote, at that point the home will connect faster to the remainder.
Sounds good! Thank you for the tip.

The home camera I have at that location just sent a new report with no cameras linked, so I am guessing the link radio is bad or the antenna. Is there a way for me to transfer the billing plan to a new home? This camera only ran for 5 days before the problems and I won’t be able to replace it for another 5 days. Very frustrating as it is over an hour from my home as well, and deer season is only two weeks out.