Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

Can anyone help? I sent John a message just a couple of days ago, but trying to get some feedback before the weekend, so I can make adjustments. I have the Verizon starter kit deployed. 1 - G-series as my Home and 2 - J-series as Remotes. I have had them out a couple of weeks now and have only gotten pics from night, once. I am not getting near as many pics as I am from other cameras I've had in these same areas. The areas I have them in have a very high deer population and critters too, so I know I should be getting more pics than I am and certainly should be getting some night pics. I have them set up per instructions. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I have talked to CS multiple times and emailed them as well with no help. Thanks.

It’s been hot and humid deer aren’t moving at all for me. With that being said are you getting your reports as scheduled? If so post a pic of one. Are all your cameras showing connected to the home
Camera on the website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been hot and humid deer aren’t moving at all for me. With that being said are you getting your reports as scheduled? If so post a pic of one. Are all your cameras showing connected to the home
Camera on the website?

Yes, I am getting the report. My big concern is the lack of pics at night. In two weeks I have only gotten night pics, once. All of my cameras are showing connected to the Home camera. I attached my latest report. I have had this farm 12 years and have run cameras in these same areas for that many years. It would just be unheard of not to get at least 1000 pics a week on one of the cameras. 082721Report.jpg

Yes, I am getting the report. My big concern is the lack of pics at night. In two weeks I have only gotten night pics, once. All of my cameras are showing connected to the Home camera. I attached my latest report. I have had this farm 12 years and have run cameras in these same areas for that many years. It would just be unheard of not to get at least 1000 pics a week on one of the cameras. View attachment 36648
It looks like the cameras are taking pictures. from the 25th to the 26th the walnut cam went up 107 images. It appears everything is working as intended. In your home page you have your email entered correctly? I have my phone number and my email so i get them in both. Nothing is going to spam folder? How is the verizon cell reception at your farm? I wouldnt think that would be an issue as you are still getting reports, however my buddy has weak cell service and his cams quit sending pictures for a few days and still received reports. When you go down to the bottom of your home camera settings on the website you will see "cell response accept" , "cell response reject" and "cell reg timeout" with some numbers by each. What are those numbers?

Also I always saw john recommend the first number in the channel be lower and the second number be higher than 20.... I have no idea why he did this but yours is 07-04. maybe he can shed some light on this....

It looks like the cameras are taking pictures. from the 25th to the 26th the walnut cam went up 107 images. It appears everything is working as intended. In your home page you have your email entered correctly? I have my phone number and my email so i get them in both. Nothing is going to spam folder? How is the verizon cell reception at your farm? I wouldnt think that would be an issue as you are still getting reports, however my buddy has weak cell service and his cams quit sending pictures for a few days and still received reports. When you go down to the bottom of your home camera settings on the website you will see "cell response accept" , "cell response reject" and "cell reg timeout" with some numbers by each. What are those numbers?
Where I have the Home camera, service is great. I am getting the pics it is sending. I will put another camera beside a couple of these to show you what I am talking about. I know my place and to get as few of pics as I am and to not be getting any night pics, these cameras are missing alot of action. I have not been able to access the camera settings from the website to get those numbers???

Where I have the Home camera, service is great. I am getting the pics it is sending. I will put another camera beside a couple of these to show you what I am talking about. I know my place and to get as few of pics as I am and to not be getting any night pics, these cameras are missing alot of action. I have not been able to access the camera settings from the website to get those numbers???
i hate tryin to do this over messages. Ill pm you my phone number and ill try to help you some more.

I have experienced similar things as you cj. But I did the upgrade on the firmware yesterday and it seems to be doing better last night.

I put some corn out in front of one to get it to work and it seems to be doing better.

Well crap. I just got a pack of new "longrange" cameras. I was installing the new firmware and accidently moved the selection from D batteries to AA batteries. (They're actually D's)

Now it shows dead battery when I power it on and I can't get to the screen so i can reset it and tell it that there are D batteries, not AAs

Any brilliant ideas?

Well crap. I just got a pack of new "longrange" cameras. I was installing the new firmware and accidently moved the selection from D batteries to AA batteries. (They're actually D's)

Now it shows dead battery when I power it on and I can't get to the screen so i can reset it and tell it that there are D batteries, not AAs

Any brilliant ideas?
Take the batteries out of it and press more until the camera fully dies. You should be able to put batteries back into it and you should have had a soft reset on the camera and be able to update the battery info if needed.

didn't work. Talked to a guy just now and he said I need to plug it into an external setup for more juice

didn't work. Talked to a guy just now and he said I need to plug it into an external setup for more juice
If you don’t have an external source and this may require some assistance but you can take two additional D batteries and stack them with the door open and hold a piece of metal across them. It will simulate 6 Ds, and make the change back to 4D.
What are you using as your Settings, Easy or Advanced? If Advanced, what is your Night Delay?

Make sure your delay is at 5 seconds for night pics. You can put another cam next to your cuddes but make sure that both delay times are at the same setting. Also the cuddes can't take pics and also send pics at the same time. So there is some down time while in cuddelink mode, but that is a trade off of the system.

If you don’t have an external source and this may require some assistance but you can take two additional D batteries and stack them with the door open and hold a piece of metal across them. It will simulate 6 Ds, and make the change back to 4D.
What are you using as your Settings, Easy or Advanced? If Advanced, what is your Night Delay?
thanks! I needed 4 hands to do it, but the job is done.

I’m having issues sending commands. I’ve requested on two separate cameras on two different networks to change the aspect from wide to full on one and change the IR Power from field to far. The cam shows forever pending and never changes the setting. Any fixes for this?

the aspect function doesnt work remotely at this time, at some point it will, but for now other priorities are getting taken care of first.

Can anyone help? I sent John a message just a couple of days ago, but trying to get some feedback before the weekend, so I can make adjustments. I have the Verizon starter kit deployed. 1 - G-series as my Home and 2 - J-series as Remotes. I have had them out a couple of weeks now and have only gotten pics from night, once. I am not getting near as many pics as I am from other cameras I've had in these same areas. The areas I have them in have a very high deer population and critters too, so I know I should be getting more pics than I am and certainly should be getting some night pics. I have them set up per instructions. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I have talked to CS multiple times and emailed them as well with no help. Thanks.
PM me and we can connect, for some reason i wasnt getting notifications from this page and havent been on it for a while. .

attach one of the pics from the camera you rent getting much on ,

PM me and we can connect, for some reason i wasnt getting notifications from this page and havent been on it for a while. .
I actually got the situation resolved. The solution was putting all cameras to "close" mode regardless of what you have them over. The instructions suggest "far" for some settings, but a couple folks on here got with me and remembered having issues using the "far" setting. This actually substantially increased the number of daytime pics, too. Thanks to Hoytvectrix and JRozzi16 for getting me back in business.

I actually got the situation resolved. The solution was putting all cameras to "close" mode regardless of what you have them over. The instructions suggest "far" for some settings, but a couple folks on here got with me and remembered having issues using the "far" setting. This actually substantially increased the number of daytime pics, too. Thanks to Hoytvectrix and JRozzi16 for getting me back in business.
ok, im glad you are up an running, close wouldn't affect the amount of pics in any way, its the intensity of the LEDS at night, a common issue with not getting pics is placing cuddebacks to high, they should be waist high or lower when running them level, if angling them down from an elevated position, use the test function to make sure they are aimed directly where you want them to be.

It may not have anything to do with it, but that is the only setting I changed and the night pics came through every night and the number of pics during the day significantly increased. Who knows at this point, but the the last 3 days have been good. Height of camera is not an issue for me. Thanks.

Does someone know what's going on with cam#6? First day I got a few pics but nothing since.

1630937658916.png

Attachments

• 1630937610845.png
    1630937610845.png
    304.1 KB · Views: 7