Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

I haven't received any pictures since friday at 2am but do receive the reports. So, i set every camera to take a picture sat morning and haven't received any pics even though in the app is shows each camera being current and no cell activity waiting. Today I requested again and still nothing.

Any ideas on why the report would come over but not pictures?
post your report - are you saving when your request images? make sure your server isnt putting images in spam folder or blocking your images. I would add a text number to your camp as a back up.

I'm trying to catch up again. I have 2 different networks 20 miles apart. I have 8.0 on network and 8.1 on the other. What would be the advantage of going back to 7.9. I am getting the wrong time stamp on some of the pictures. I also have the cell cam set to send at batch of 10. Should i set that to a different settiing?
firmware 8.2 should be released very soon , hopefully this week, i would wait and update once 8.2 arrives.

if the home is offline more than 48 hours you would need to go to the camera to see what the issue is. if you ran a successful test at the spot and it sent some pictures you can also look under device settings for the cell unit and compare cell exec and cell accept totals to see how good the service is in that spot.
Went and checked Main cell camera and message said "No Plan" He sign up for a plan when we deployed the three J cameras all seem to work all showed CL Level as we were leaving the base camera and all good signal strength except one which showed 20-24 When we checked his camp page there were 26 pictures all from the home camera only.

Next I checked the other 2 J cameras and CL Level never gave me a reading.

One thing I noticed when I checked his dedicated Gmail Acct for cuddelink was he never replied to the activate e-mail. Make me think this was the problem. But, why did it work for awhile.

n
Went and checked Main cell camera and message said "No Plan" He sign up for a plan when we deployed the three J cameras all seem to work all showed CL Level as we were leaving the base camera and all good signal strength except one which showed 20-24 When we checked his camp page there were 26 pictures all from the home camera only.

One thing I noticed when I checked his dedicated Gmail Acct for cuddelink was he never replied to the activate e-mail. Make me think this was the problem. But, why did it work for awhile.
no plan can also mean poor service in that area, i would also check that it shows "activated" on his camp page . the remotes should still show a level , you can check them by making a remote a home , then look for cl link on another remote. you can check how the cell service is under device settings on the home cameras page at the bottom.
I would try removing batteries let power run out completely , reinsert and then run a cell test in a known good lee signal area.

Now when I go to camp acct it shows the main camera and says activated. There are No pictures, No reports. No option to check devices setting.

Question? What is the ideal setting when running a 5 camera system? I noticed on the cell rate on Home duel cell cam your choices are 1-30 images cell rate, and on the remotes 25-500 link count. What I am seeing is these cameras are taking more pictures then I am getting.
My current setting are 25 cell rate on main home camera, and 25 link count on all remotes cameras 2 times a day 12 hrs

Now when I go to camp acct it shows the main camera and says activated. There are No pictures, No reports. No option to check devices setting.
then you need to run a cell test in a good area , get a success reading, then arm it. Nothing will show on settings until its armed and connected . it may take some time once armed to show up in camp. regarding settings what you have should work, if you are on 8.1 firmware all images should get to the home. Keep in mind the sd total images on the home is a total of images form all cameras and even images that were already on the card.

firmware 8.2 should be released very soon , hopefully this week, i would wait and update once 8.2 arrives.
Any insights on what 8.2 will be offering?

Any insights on what 8.2 will be offering?
Among other small refinements, a small percentage of users had minor, delayed transmission of images outside of the requested batch timing/rating. The update addresses this. .

Th
then you need to run a cell test in a good area , get a success reading, then arm it. Nothing will show on settings until its armed and connected . it may take some time once armed to show up in camp. regarding settings what you have should work, if you are on 8.1 firmware all images should get to the home. Keep in mind the sd total images on the home is a total of images form all cameras and even images that were already on the card.
that fix it. Thanks

question about surveillance mode on a J camera. If the camera is connected to a home cell unit will the pictures get sent via cell like if the camera is set to easy mode etc.? I take they will be sent on the same batch schedule you have the home cell unit set at, correct? All other cameras set on easy setup will still perform accordingly?

I need to set one of my 5 cameras up on my road for a potential trespasser.

question about surveillance mode on a J camera. If the camera is connected to a home cell unit will the pictures get sent via cell like if the camera is set to easy mode etc.? I take they will be sent on the same batch schedule you have the home cell unit set at, correct? All other cameras set on easy setup will still perform accordingly?

I need to set one of my 5 cameras up on my road for a potential trespasser.
this is copied from the cell management page - under "surveillance" note- never set more than 3 cameras in a network on surveillance mode. you will version 8 firmware on all cams to access this and to enable it on your J cam.

"When a camera has PRIORITY enabled the CELL HOME will immediately send images when the priority image arrives at HOME. This is beneficial in surveillance situations where you want to get images as soon as possible. For example, say you can have the CELL HOME Image Batch set to 30, and you have a camera monitoring your driveway set to Priority. Then whenever the driveway camera triggers an image the CELL HOME will cell transfer images to you immediately instead of waiting for the 30 image queue size."

this is copied from the cell management page - under "surveillance" note- never set more than 3 cameras in a network on surveillance mode. you will version 8 firmware on all cams to access this and to enable it on your J cam.

"When a camera has PRIORITY enabled the CELL HOME will immediately send images when the priority image arrives at HOME. This is beneficial in surveillance situations where you want to get images as soon as possible. For example, say you can have the CELL HOME Image Batch set to 30, and you have a camera monitoring your driveway set to Priority. Then whenever the driveway camera triggers an image the CELL HOME will cell transfer images to you immediately instead of waiting for the 30 image queue size."
john, thanks I looked on google and that didn't come up.. only the other model camera showed up in the search talking about surveillance.

that's good I will only have this one camera on the surveillance mode for a few weeks.

john, thanks I looked on google and that didn't come up.. only the other model camera showed up in the search talking about surveillance.

that's good I will only have this one camera on the surveillance mode for a few weeks.
go to your cell management page on cuddeback.com, then click on device details and you will see surveillance on the left side, all the info is there and that is where you select the camera to designate as well.

John, I know you mentioned that the reports don't always reflect the actual signal strength but this keeps bugging me..

My repeater and back ridge camera's have been below 20 over 99% of the time on the reports I'm sent but the every time I have been standing at the camera the signal is in the 30 or 40 range. I know it doesn't matter because I'm getting my pictures but i just don't understand it on those two cameras. .lol

I'm just a little OCD I know!!

FYI...Firmware v.8.0.2 is available on Cuddeback's website...

New firmware is now on the website under the GEN 2 tab. This update will increase transmission speed from the remotes to the Home unit and if utilizing cell ultimately from the cell to your chosen email address or phone number. The main change in this update is that channels went from 240 to a set of 2 numbers. An example would be Channel 08 18. Its very important if you decide to update firmware now that the second number you choose is higher than 16. The first number can be 1-16. IF your system is working to you satisfaction now there is no urgency to perform the update and you can do it at your convenience. All cameras in a network need to be on matching firmware for them to communicate. When updating, its best to start with your home unit and then update each remote. download the gen2 file, unzip the file and drag or copy it onto a clean SD card when updating.

Last edited:
Have they ever received any? Have them check their Spam or Junk folders. Who is their provider? Some providers block emails with over a certain amount of data. You have to contact them and request they unblock.

Have they ever received any? Have them check their Spam or Junk folders. Who is their provider? Some providers block emails with over a certain amount of data. You have to contact them and request they unblock.
Dido that. One of my email accounts was so intermittently bad at blocking Cuddelink image emails (sporadically) I eventually had to change which email account I had Cudde servers send the emails to. Once I did that I haven't missed any.

New firmware is now on the website under the GEN 2 tab. This update will increase transmission speed from the remotes to the Home unit and if utilizing cell ultimately from the cell to your chosen email address or phone number. The main change in this update is that channels went from 240 to a set of 2 numbers. An example would be Channel 08 18. Its very important if you decide to update firmware now that the second number you choose is higher than 16. The first number can be 1-16. IF your system is working to you satisfaction now there is no urgency to perform the update and you can do it at your convenience. All cameras in a network need to be on matching firmware for them to communicate. When updating, its best to start with your home unit and then update each remote. download the gen2 file, unzip the file and drag or copy it onto a clean SD card when updating.
So i updated around noon today on a network of 5 cams on 80 acres. I used second number of 3. Pics are rolling in, in a much faster fashion already. Why can i not use number lower than 16?

So i updated around noon today on a network of 5 cams on 80 acres. I used second number of 3. Pics are rolling in, in a much faster fashion already. Why can i not use number lower than 16?
multiple reasons but without getting to in depth, if you have other cuddelink users nearby its likely your system will slow down if you dont do as i recommended. Keeping you second number above 16 will eliminate that.