Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

I jinxed it! Now when I look online in the Device Settings for all of our units say "Device is Offline". What do I need to do to get them back online?Device Settings 9-25-20 at 4_55 pm.JPG

We are having a major problem with our Cuddelink system. (I sent a message to Customer Support but have not heard back from them as of yet.) I would like to know if anyone else has stopped receiving pictures & reports from Cuddelink? Our last group of pictures was received yesterday at 5:34 pm and last report was yesterday morning at 8:54 am.

I have Cell set to send 4 reports a day. All of our units are on 8.1.0 firmware. (1-G Cell, 8-J Cameras and 1-G Repeater) Looking online Camp.Cuddeback.com says: Last Updated: 09/24/2020 11:30 am, for all of our units. Last report says that that one camera has 81 pics in queue and another has 269 in queue! Link Count is set to 50 for both cameras. Why isn’t it dumping the older pictures once the camera reaches the count of 50?

Could the reason that we stopped receiving anything be because our system is overloaded with pictures in queue? I am guessing that could be the reason why we stopped getting anything. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get our system working again?
An overloaded que wouldnt cause your system to stop sending. There are multiple reasons why your cell could stop sending. We recently beefed up our server to handle the increased volume as we hit the busy season but when you log in to you camp you should be able to see if you cell is still online. If its off line for more than 2 days you will need to visit the cell unit to determine the issue. It could be battery, sd card issues, cell service or an issue with the modem. This is the busiest time of year for CS at Cudde and the staff has been severely affected by covid but they are doing everything they can, including working from home all hours of the day. There is not a widespread issue with networks not sending. I have 5 networks going and all are working correctly. There is some testing currently being done to help speed up rf transmission and if it continues to proceed we will have an update that will help. Its important to note this only affects a very small percentage of users. when its available i will post on the forum.

An overloaded que wouldnt cause your system to stop sending. There are multiple reasons why your cell could stop sending. We recently beefed up our server to handle the increased volume as we hit the busy season but when you log in to you camp you should be able to see if you cell is still online. If its off line for more than 2 days you will need to visit the cell unit to determine the issue. It could be battery, sd card issues, cell service or an issue with the modem. This is the busiest time of year for CS at Cudde and the staff has been severely affected by covid but they are doing everything they can, including working from home all hours of the day. There is not a widespread issue with networks not sending. I have 5 networks going and all are working correctly. There is some testing currently being done to help speed up rf transmission and if it continues to proceed we will have an update that will help. Its important to note this only affects a very small percentage of users. when its available i will post on the forum.
Thank you John, you are always such a great help! We received 2 reports this evening and pictures. When I look online it no longer says that the units are offline. I was going to clear the queue for the cameras with high numbers of pics to be sent but it says that there are 0 pictures in queue.

I have my fingers crossed everything goes as it should now that it is working again.

John,

We are noticing on multiple cameras on two seperate networks where some pictures are being captured to the card but not transmitted to camp or email.

We are running 8.0

Has anyone experienced this type of problem? Could we have something set incorrectly?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well, I drove the 4 hrs down and back anyway. Replaced some batteries, and fixed 2 chewed up antennas on remote cams. 2 other remote cams successfully took, sent, and recieved pictures after visiting them, only to have them go missing from report the last 2 days and havent seen any pics from them since. What happened? Any one elsing experience these random problems, or is it just my network that is cursed. Should be noted i have 2 other networks running fine at the moment....

Screenshot_20200926-215052_HTML Viewer.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200926-215052_HTML Viewer.jpg
    Screenshot_20200926-215052_HTML Viewer.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 9
Well, I drove the 4 hrs down and back anyway. Replaced some batteries, and fixed 2 chewed up antennas on remote cams. 2 other remote cams successfully took, sent, and recieved pictures after visiting them, only to have them go missing from report the last 2 days and havent seen any pics from them since. What happened? Any one elsing experience these random problems, or is it just my network that is cursed. Should be noted i have 2 other networks running fine at the moment....

I've had cams not show up on my reports before. It happened after moving some cams into a new network from a different network and/or replacing batteries within the network. What I did was go into camp and have it take a pic. The cams were still online and the pic was sent within a day. It still happens from time to time but it should correct itself in a few days. If you can't request a pic through camp then something is wrong and they went offline.

Im very familiar with some of the intricacies of cuddelink, this being my 2nd year, and these cams have been out since march. This instance is different because the east and flats cam were working flawlessly at the time. I went down to fix west and stand cams which had antenna issues. While there i swapped out batteries in bank 1 of both east and flats, and then had pics taken, sent and recieved successfully. Then upon getting back home, i requested pics from all cams on the site. Now they are both gone from report and website. This all occured Thursday night. Now 3 days later they are still missing, with no real explanation.

I know multiple people have posted about missed reports and pics. My cameras have been out since middle of June, and this has happened about 5 times. Usually miss sending pics for about 24 to 28 hours. I don’t fret to much these day, but now it has happened two weeks in a row. I replaced all batteries last week, and I am running 8.1. Not sure there is any thing else I can do.

I know multiple people have posted about missed reports and pics. My cameras have been out since middle of June, and this has happened about 5 times. Usually miss sending pics for about 24 to 28 hours. I don’t fret to much these day, but now it has happened two weeks in a row. I replaced all batteries last week, and I am running 8.1. Not sure there is any thing else I can do.
This may not be a popular response here, but I would try loading 8.0 onto the cameras if you can. I had both 8.0 and 8.1 in the same system and when I moved everything to 8.0, the issues went away for me. Also, make sure you run a cell test in location anytime you change out batteries or update firmware in your K. I have the 8.0 saved if you need a copy of it.

Checked meta data on 9/28 on home cam it was 90%, yesterday evening it was 50%, today no pics at scheduled times no report. K camera with booster. 66 days on these rayovacs 3800 total pics in the whole network. Needs to be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John,

We are noticing on multiple cameras on two seperate networks where some pictures are being captured to the card but not transmitted to camp or email.

We are running 8.0

Has anyone experienced this type of problem? Could we have something set incorrectly?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
this shouldn't happen unless you are using surveillance mode on 8.0

when you have a level of under 20 its very possible you will lose those remotes at times. this is why we recommend a level of 20 or higher when deploying.

Checked meta data on 9/28 on home cam it was 90%, yesterday evening it was 50%, today no pics at scheduled times no report. K camera with booster. 66 days on these rayovacs 3800 total pics in the whole network. Needs to be better.

a number of users didnt get reports today because of an issue with cell providers/towes , it has been cleared up and most if not all should start transmitting again tonight by 11 pm approximately.

@john volkman Just a thought. In future releases of Gen 2, any chance y'all might consider adding the "seconds" to the timestamps on each picture? I noticed it is embedded in the metadata, so I can't imagine it would be hard to add. Every so often I get a few pictures that I am left wondering which one was taken first.

@john volkman Just a thought. In future releases of Gen 2, any chance y'all might consider adding the "seconds" to the timestamps on each picture? I noticed it is embedded in the metadata, so I can't imagine it would be hard to add. Every so often I get a few pictures that I am left wondering which one was taken first.
i will pass this on and i agree it would be nice to have that info.

a number of users didnt get reports today because of an issue with cell providers/towes , it has been cleared up and most if not all should start transmitting again tonight by 11 pm approximately.

Issue again today ? Came through last night now it’s doing it again.

not that we are aware of , the issue the other night was corrected and was only affecting a specific number of users on one server. iw ould check your cell exec response total on you camp.

They came through right around 12am just like last night as well. Not sure what’s going on, two days in a row now though.

not that we are aware of , the issue the other night was corrected and was only affecting a specific number of users on one server. iw ould check your cell exec response total on you camp.

I don’t know what any of that means

73eb3dc7bcea6099ff44149b94f52c27.jpg