Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

where do you look to see if it is offline. Everything appears OK. Version 8.1.0
if it is online and you are getting images i would not be concerned about missing a report. if it happens for more than 1-2 days then its time to trouble shoot.

if it is online and you are getting images i would not be concerned about missing a report. if it happens for more than 1-2 days then its time to trouble shoot.

I am not getting images or reports. Where do I go to see if it is offline or online?

I am not getting images or reports. Where do I go to see if it is offline or online?
if you have gen 2 firmware version 8.0/8.1 loaded on your cameras, you can see them on cuddeback.com under cell management , device details, device settings. if you dont have GEN 2 firmware on your cameras you will need to go to your cell unit to determine the issue. You will also need to go to it if its been off line for more than 2-3 days.

To anyone that can help, I've been having 1 g cam over the last several weeks (every day) take 2 pics when switching from night to day and then from day to night within approximately 10 min of each other, it does seem to be working fine outside of that, ex. attached.

Attachments

• property 1.JPG
    property 1.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 9
  • property 2.JPG
    property 2.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 10
  • property 3.JPG
    property 3.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 9
  • property 4.JPG
    property 4.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
To anyone that can help, I've been having 1 g cam over the last several weeks (every day) take 2 pics when switching from night to day and then from day to night within approximately 10 min of each other, it does seem to be working fine outside of that, ex. attached.

What direction is it facing? I had a similar issue with one that was facing east....evry morning it'd take a picutre about sunrise. I've also had another camera that was facing south that random took pics around sunrise/sunset. Just to test it out, I slightly adjusted the camera and have not had any issues. So I've just assumed it was a shadow thing.

Cuddeback’s trigger on heat and motion so I’ll assume the low light period and temps changing with the background are a cause , as mentioned adjusting the direction slightly may alleviate this if you can.

I'm sure this has been answered but I can't find it scrolling through tapatalk, but what is the difference between 8.0 and 8.1. I have 8.0 right now and trying to figure out if I need to go to the 8.1 for a particular reason.

I'm sure this has been answered but I can't find it scrolling through tapatalk, but what is the difference between 8.0 and 8.1. I have 8.0 right now and trying to figure out if I need to go to the 8.1 for a particular reason.
unless you are going to use the photos function on your camp site page you dont need 8.1 at this time. there may be a new update coming soon and it would be better to wait and update then if you want to limit the amount of disturbance at your cameras.

What direction is it facing? I had a similar issue with one that was facing east....evry morning it'd take a picutre about sunrise. I've also had another camera that was facing south that random took pics around sunrise/sunset. Just to test it out, I slightly adjusted the camera and have not had any issues. So I've just assumed it was a shadow thing.
It is all most directly south, but will try adjusting thanks.

Last edited:
Cuddeback’s trigger on heat and motion so I’ll assume the low light period and temps changing with the background are a cause , as mentioned adjusting the direction slightly may alleviate this if you can.
Have allready adjusted once ( pointing north switched to south) but will adjust again thanks.

if you have gen 2 firmware version 8.0/8.1 loaded on your cameras, you can see them on cuddeback.com under cell management , device details, device settings. if you dont have GEN 2 firmware on your cameras you will need to go to your cell unit to determine the issue. You will also need to go to it if its been off line for more than 2-3 days.
Yes sir, I have 8.1 and can see the cameras on camp.cuddeback. I was just wondering if there is something that will say “offline” when I look at the devices online. It sent pictures this morning. Is it fairly common for the system to skip sending a day every now and then?

Yes sir, I have 8.1 and can see the cameras on camp.cuddeback. I was just wondering if there is something that will say “offline” when I look at the devices online. It sent pictures this morning. Is it fairly common for the system to skip sending a day every now and then?
it will show faded instead of bold when offline. , i wouldnt say its common but it happens form time to time.

Does anyone else have occasional issues with classifications on camp? The selections I've chosen to display using the manage classifications page will randomly change on occasion. Sometimes fewer than I have selected will be available and sometimes more than I selected are displayed to choose. Then, when I return to the manage classifications page, my original selections are still intact. And if I choose save and go back to viewing photos they will be correct again. Just odd how random it is.

Does anyone else have occasional issues with classifications on camp? The selections I've chosen to display using the manage classifications page will randomly change on occasion. Sometimes fewer than I have selected will be available and sometimes more than I selected are displayed to choose. Then, when I return to the manage classifications page, my original selections are still intact. And if I choose save and go back to viewing photos they will be correct again. Just odd how random it is.
are you on 8.0 or 8.1 firmware ? you need to be on 8.1 for everything to work correctly in photos. Also they are still tweaking the photo portion of camp so they may be changing a few things there.

are you on 8.0 or 8.1 firmware ? you need to be on 8.1 for everything to work correctly in photos. Also they are still tweaking the photo portion of camp so they may be changing a few things there.
Oh, OK, thanks. I'm still 8.0 and will probably not disturb things until after this hunting season. Plus, I read a few back that 8.x might be out soon, so I might just wait for that anyway.

We are having a major problem with our Cuddelink system. (I sent a message to Customer Support but have not heard back from them as of yet.) I would like to know if anyone else has stopped receiving pictures & reports from Cuddelink? Our last group of pictures was received yesterday at 5:34 pm and last report was yesterday morning at 8:54 am.

I have Cell set to send 4 reports a day. All of our units are on 8.1.0 firmware. (1-G Cell, 8-J Cameras and 1-G Repeater) Looking online Camp.Cuddeback.com says: Last Updated: 09/24/2020 11:30 am, for all of our units. Last report says that that one camera has 81 pics in queue and another has 269 in queue! Link Count is set to 50 for both cameras. Why isn’t it dumping the older pictures once the camera reaches the count of 50?

Could the reason that we stopped receiving anything be because our system is overloaded with pictures in queue? I am guessing that could be the reason why we stopped getting anything. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get our system working again?

We are having a major problem with our Cuddelink system. (I sent a message to Customer Support but have not heard back from them as of yet.) I would like to know if anyone else has stopped receiving pictures & reports from Cuddelink? Our last group of pictures was received yesterday at 5:34 pm and last report was yesterday morning at 8:54 am.

I have Cell set to send 4 reports a day. All of our units are on 8.1.0 firmware. (1-G Cell, 8-J Cameras and 1-G Repeater) Looking online Camp.Cuddeback.com says: Last Updated: 09/24/2020 11:30 am, for all of our units. Last report says that that one camera has 81 pics in queue and another has 269 in queue! Link Count is set to 50 for both cameras. Why isn’t it dumping the older pictures once the camera reaches the count of 50?

Could the reason that we stopped receiving anything be because our system is overloaded with pictures in queue? I am guessing that could be the reason why we stopped getting anything. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get our system working again?
My photos come in pretty much like clockwork but yesterday I didn't get them until my overnight report and pics. I wouldn't worry until it goes at least a couple of days.

Might be a long shot here but is your account active? I had one of mine do almost the same thing and it took me awhile to realize I had it set to deactivate after the yearly subscription expired.

My photos come in pretty much like clockwork but yesterday I didn't get them until my overnight report and pics. I wouldn't worry until it goes at least a couple of days.

Thank you. I wasn't freaking out too much yet… But with it being a weekend I wasn’t sure if I needed to do the long drive to the property to get things back to normal.

I wonder if sending a “Take Picture” to a couple cameras would work? Does our home unit initiate the next communication or will Cuddelink send the update right away?

Might be a long shot here but is your account active? I had one of mine do almost the same thing and it took me awhile to realize I had it set to deactivate after the yearly subscription expired.
Good point, and I did check that first but the account is still active.