Crabapples in my orchards.

greyphase

5 year old buck +
Here are the crabs I have growing in my orchards.
Winter-Wildlife.jpg

Winter Wildlife. Mr. Reliable.

All_Winter_Handover.jpg

All Winter Hangover. Some of mine are dropping now.

Chicken_Coop.jpg

Chicken Coop crab. A crab growing where else but in our chicken yard. :emoji_laughing:Nice slow drop now through October.

IMG_4299.jpg

#5 crab. Another crab found on the farm. Very late hanging. The deer always have a path to it.

Waubay.jpg

Waubay crab from GRIN.

My Chestnut crabs had a good crop on this year. Their just too good tasting to leave for the deer so I ate them all. :emoji_relaxed:
My Viola crab is a disappointment this year. After carrying a nice crop last year it is bare this year. :emoji_disappointed:

My crabs don't seem to draw much attention.A couple that were sold as wildlife crabs must be ornimental because they just produce nickle size fruit and the birds don't even eat,they will be cut down to make room for known producers

Waubay crab (from South Dakota)??

Real nice looking trees Greyphase. I need to send you a picture of my no. 5 crab. It’s looking good so far. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My crabs don't seem to draw much attention.A couple that were sold as wildlife crabs must be ornimental because they just produce nickle size fruit and the birds don't even eat,they will be cut down to make room for known producers
Maybe check with the pros might be able to graft onto the rootstock and save you some time.

Yep Greyphase I am jealous

Waubay crab (from South Dakota)??

According to GRIN it's from the Iowa Experiment Station 1933 A cross of Grimes Golden and a Mercer crab seedling.

Have you tasted any of them?
Made apple sauce or cider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No sauce or cider. The Chicken Coop and Waubay crabs are sweet enough for eating off the tree. The Hangover crab more bland but edible. Ashamed to say I haven't tried a Winter Wildlife or #5 crab. Yet. :emoji_grin:

Grey - I 2nd your take on Winter Wildlife crab as Mister Reliable. A fantastic crab for growth and production. It hangs for us through the winter, dropping apples slowly from early Oct. onward.

Our All-Winter-Hangover and Chestnut crabs are our best structured trees. AWH has been a good producer for us too. Some of our AWH drop slowly from about mid-Sept. on through December.

That Waubay crab looks like a great tree. Nice apples so far. #5 sounds like a winner.

Awesome grey, thanks for posting