COVID

It would be great if you could post a link to the CDC guidance on this. From what I know, their guidance for kids is here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/vaccine-safety-children-teens.html with some recent specifics here: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html

Thanks,

Jack
your source is from Dec. I saw it scrolling on the bottom the screen last week.

your source is from Dec. I saw it scrolling on the bottom the screen last week.

I would guess the CDC would have updated their website by now. Wonder if it was some other sources scrolling on your screen.

LOL, what an idiotic study. A better study would be a completely blind study asking all physicians weather or not they got the shot and how many of those got it because they want it or because they had to to keep their job. That would tell you something of value. But it would have to be totally anonymous due to the shot gestapo coming after whoever doesn't fall in line.

Does this qualify as "the science" too?

3 more football and soccer players have died this week. I guess by now, rather than make excuses,,, find out if these young athletes had the shot or not ?

Plus this young man… very sad !
D440FD28-E880-4286-8F15-6EA148939AAB.png

Funny how some weigh anecdotal stories as much as peer reviewed research... 🤪

Even funnier how some take this so-called research" as God's honest truth and don't question anything . All the while telling everyone else that anything they post is confirmation bias, anecdotal, or not science enough for them.

Even funnier how some take this so-called research" as God's honest truth and don't question anything . All the while telling everyone else that anything they post is confirmation bias, anecdotal, or not science enough for them.
Don't know who that would be. If you read my posts, you will see that I identified confirmation bias on both sides and described how science uses hypotheses and testing to support or reject them and never results in absolute truth.

Funny how some weigh anecdotal stories as much as peer reviewed research... 🤪

So you think the young man made the right decision to get vaccinated?

Personally, I think many are simply naive of the history of corruption within the medical community (all major arms of the government really if you take an honest look) particularly the FDA and pharmaceuticals. I see we have people claiming to be Doctors, nurses and pediatricians on here, I am curious if you are aware that we have had a much safer and more effective cure for cancer for over 50 years? I know they didn't teach you this at any school you attended but I am sure you do some research within your field.

I read about this in the early 1990's and thought, that's just BS, but I have an open mind so I read a little on it at the time but it wasn't a topic I was interested in really, I was around 20 years old, didn't have cancer nor did any of my relatives and was more interested in chasing girls and beer at that age. Besides, to do research back then, you had to go to a library and know what books to borrow and read, and although the news outlets were a thing, if you wanted to research older news things... you had to use microfiche 🤣 good times.

I am going to do a spoiler alert here, they don't want a cure for cancer and this isn't a recent thing, they want you to take the same chemo etc. that they have sold us for roughly the last 70 years. All the money we supposedly pour into finding a cure for cancer and we are still using chemo? Although I couldn't find the original video I recall watching years ago to refresh my memory before I spoke here about it, I watched this one last night and it has a lot of good court room, Congressional testimony and legal documentation so I will hand it off to y'all.

Maybe this will open some people's minds to the power of money and control over the populous and begin to understand most of government doesn't want us free, happy or healthy. They just want our money, our vote, and our freedoms.

Sorry Jack, you started this with good intentions lol Hope you're doing ok on the recovery bud!

Last edited:
So you think the young man made the right decision to get vaccinated?
I have no idea. I don't know anything about his situation and the facts in his case.

First and foremost, Jack I'm glad you are doing better. I haven't read all the posts but hopefully you didn't get too sick and recovery was speedy. That said, you must have known you would unleash the predictably polarized debate on this topic.

Like everyone else I have an opinion and responded to covid in the way I thought best . I have zero interest in trying to convince anyone of anything. Just true to what I believe. I also " follow the science". However the last place I would ever look for guidance on health and fitness is the federal govt. { Or the medical community which focuses on symptoms not core issues } The science I have studied for most of my life focuses on the practices that elevate human health to the highest standards. To my knowledge, from the onset of covid no-one in the govt. ever suggested taking personal steps and responsibility for enhancing their own heath thru nutrition, lifestyle, breath work etc as a preventative step. Rather the totality of guidance was pharmaceutical and of course...wear a mask . Neither of these approaches resonated with me in the least.

The facts are that very very few vibrantly healthy people had issues with covid at all. Very few! The facts are that the vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths from covid were folks with comorbidities, many with multiple commorbidities . Specifically hypertension ,cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and obesity at the top of the list. Said differently ...already unhealthy people. All of these and many others are directly related to lifestyle choices that could have been preventable and are representative of modern western lifestyle, and approach to health and nutrition. Yes. There is an incredible body of science supporting this.

Thus, in many ways I think covid is a terrific spotlight on shifts happening in society today. Do we want to trust the top down authoritative controlling institutions for our health ? { Economics, education, spirituality health...its a long list} Or do we want to take personal responsibility of our health with our daily lifestyle choices and research? In so many ways we are seeing the power center controlling institutions across many spectrums challenged and loosing favor replaced by decentralized bottom up consensus. With instant communication and information dysfunction becomes glaringly obvious, and as we habitat mgrs. know nature never tolerates dysfunction for very long. I believe major societal shifts are taking place right now which will have profound implications perhaps in our lifetime. And I think it's incredibly exciting and positive. just depends how chaotic it will be.

Lastly I look at the impact covid had on my very own family:
Wife and I . Unvaccinated. I got covid and was really tired for about 10 days. No other symptoms . Wife was puny for 3 days. We traveled constantly internationally and U.S. as always. Really didn't change lifestyle at all. No problems.

My eldest daughter and her husband 42 yrs old. Vibrantly healthy with an intense focus on nutrition and health. Unvaccinated. Live in Boulder. Daughter is a teacher and they told her to continue she had to be vaccinated and wear a mask. She quit started her own school and has a waiting list of students. Neither she nor her husband ever had covid to their knowledge.

Second daughter and husband , 40 yrs old. Vegan and not so healthy or active. Vaccinated, double boosted and totally paranoid of covid. Lives in Montreal. Teaches quantum physics. Has had covid twice with severe symptoms though no hospitalization . Quarantines her mail. Wears mask all the time.

Son and DIL. 38. Extremely healthy and fit. Very focused on nutrition . Just moved from outside Boston . Unvaccinated, no mask could care less. Nether they nor their 10 yr old son ever got covid that they know of.

Are those experiences scientifically correlated? No. But I bet a deep dive into the subject would support that genuinely healthy fit people on a nutrient dense diet fared quite well thru covid vs. those in a 'typical' state of health by western standards. I'll see if Fauci can expound on that.

Very early on in the pandemic Fauci said one thing that he was right on. The vast majority of people will come out of this just fine. That message was quickly forgotten by the powers that be. After that, for some reason things spiraled into the mess we all know today. Why Fauci flipped on the World we may never know.. Money would be my guess. immune compromised people know their risks and i not just with Covid either, Healthy people needn’t worry, and some people found out they’re not as healthy as they thought.

First and foremost, Jack I'm glad you are doing better. I haven't read all the posts but hopefully you didn't get too sick and recovery was speedy. That said, you must have known you would unleash the predictably polarized debate on this topic.

Like everyone else I have an opinion and responded to covid in the way I thought best . I have zero interest in trying to convince anyone of anything. Just true to what I believe. I also " follow the science". However the last place I would ever look for guidance on health and fitness is the federal govt. { Or the medical community which focuses on symptoms not core issues } The science I have studied for most of my life focuses on the practices that elevate human health to the highest standards. To my knowledge, from the onset of covid no-one in the govt. ever suggested taking personal steps and responsibility for enhancing their own heath thru nutrition, lifestyle, breath work etc as a preventative step. Rather the totality of guidance was pharmaceutical and of course...wear a mask . Neither of these approaches resonated with me in the least.

The facts are that very very few vibrantly healthy people had issues with covid at all. Very few! The facts are that the vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths from covid were folks with comorbidities, many with multiple commorbidities . Specifically hypertension ,cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and obesity at the top of the list. Said differently ...already unhealthy people. All of these and many others are directly related to lifestyle choices that could have been preventable and are representative of modern western lifestyle, and approach to health and nutrition. Yes. There is an incredible body of science supporting this.

Thus, in many ways I think covid is a terrific spotlight on shifts happening in society today. Do we want to trust the top down authoritative controlling institutions for our health ? { Economics, education, spirituality health...its a long list} Or do we want to take personal responsibility of our health with our daily lifestyle choices and research? In so many ways we are seeing the power center controlling institutions across many spectrums challenged and loosing favor replaced by decentralized bottom up consensus. With instant communication and information dysfunction becomes glaringly obvious, and as we habitat mgrs. know nature never tolerates dysfunction for very long. I believe major societal shifts are taking place right now which will have profound implications perhaps in our lifetime. And I think it's incredibly exciting and positive. just depends how chaotic it will be.

Lastly I look at the impact covid had on my very own family:
Wife and I . Unvaccinated. I got covid and was really tired for about 10 days. No other symptoms . Wife was puny for 3 days. We traveled constantly internationally and U.S. as always. Really didn't change lifestyle at all. No problems.

My eldest daughter and her husband 42 yrs old. Vibrantly healthy with an intense focus on nutrition and health. Unvaccinated. Live in Boulder. Daughter is a teacher and they told her to continue she had to be vaccinated and wear a mask. She quit started her own school and has a waiting list of students. Neither she nor her husband ever had covid to their knowledge.

Second daughter and husband , 40 yrs old. Vegan and not so healthy or active. Vaccinated, double boosted and totally paranoid of covid. Lives in Montreal. Teaches quantum physics. Has had covid twice with severe symptoms though no hospitalization . Quarantines her mail. Wears mask all the time.

Son and DIL. 38. Extremely healthy and fit. Very focused on nutrition . Just moved from outside Boston . Unvaccinated, no mask could care less. Nether they nor their 10 yr old son ever got covid that they know of.

Are those experiences scientifically correlated? No. But I bet a deep dive into the subject would support that genuinely healthy fit people on a nutrient dense diet fared quite well thru covid vs. those in a 'typical' state of health by western standards. I'll see if Fauci can expound on that.

Baker,

You are right. In all cases, the most vibrant and healthy folks are able to fend off disease pretty well, regardless of the pathogen. Most recover well. It is always those that are otherwise sick, elderly, that are most at risk of hospitalization and death. COVID id no different in that respect.

My personal decision to fully vaccinate, isolate, mask, and generally follow guidelines was not primarily for self-protection. I've had good friends die from COVID and watch it destroy families. I don't value those with health issues any less than healthy folks. In some cases they have some responsibility for their state and in others none. Either way, I did not want to be part of the disease vector path that was responsible for the hospitalization or death of any of my friends and family or the community in general.

That was my logic. I understand the skepticism when it comes to "the government" and "big business". There are bad actors there as there are in most all aspects of society. We all need to use the best judgement God gave us and support one another.

Thanks again for your well wishes. I only had 2 days of mild symptoms from COVID, but I had a simultaneous sinus infection and it is still hanging on a bit. I'm not out of the isolation period and will be masking according to the guidelines. I had a very weak positive antigen test today, so I'm expecting to test negative in a day or two. Antigens can hang around for a bit after the infection is clear.

Thanks,

Jack

Very early on in the pandemic Fauci said one thing that he was right on. The vast majority of people will come out of this just fine. That message was quickly forgotten by the powers that be. After that, for some reason things spiraled into the mess we all know today. Why Fauci flipped on the World we may never know.. Money would be my guess. immune compromised people know their risks and i not just with Covid either, Healthy people needn’t worry, and some people found out they’re not as healthy as they thought.

The moral question is this. "Should we, as a country, take actions that reduce many deaths of the most vulnerable at the cost of the economic and other impacts we experienced?" At the core, many folks answered this question differently.