COVID

yoderjac

5 year old buck +
I knew it was eventually inevitable, but I finally got COVID. I'm fully vaccinated and boostered and have avoided it so far. I'm pretty sure i know what happened. I left for our retirement property early this week and had no contact with anyone until Thursday afternoon. I had a dental cleaning. The dentist and hygienist has full PPE.

Over that last few weeks I've had some on again, off again sinus pressure and Thursday evening it seemed to break loose. I had thick discolored discharge associated with a bacterial sinus infection. I also had the slight burning in my throat and chest that is characteristic when infected sinus drainage infects the lungs. I woke up about 0330 and could not go back to sleep. I had body aches that were worse than normal when I get any infection. I have a form of reactive arthritis and any time my immune system gets stirred up to fight an infection, the arthritis flairs up. But this episode was worse than normal.

My wife came down to the retirement property this morning. I had her stop on the way for rapid COVID tests, just in case. Sure enough, I tested positive. She tested negative. So, I'm pretty sure I got it at the dentist office. I spent the day in bed. I had my doctor call in antibiotics for the sinus infection and Paxlovid for the COVID. My wife was kind enough to go out and get the meds and enough food to get me through the week. It looks like I'll be isolating here for the next week and my wife headed back home.

The symptoms are pretty mild, probably because of the vaccination regiment. Looking at the statics, it is likely XBB 1.5 or BQ 1.1 which seem to be dominant now. Since the primary purpose of the vaccinations is to reduce hospitalization and reduce the chances of infection, I'm very glad I got them. Infection is related to many factor including the viral load you are exposed to. I doubt there is any worse situation for an increased viral load exposure that is worse than having someone with their hands in your mouth for an hour.

I'm fortunate that I can do some computer work remotely so I shouldn't fall to far behind at work. As the symptoms ease this week, I should also be able to get some physical work done around the retirement property and the farm.

Thanks,

Jack

Hope you feel better. My dentist won’t see patients that are feeling like they have sinus infection. He’d rather they reschedule.

I knew it was eventually inevitable, but I finally got COVID. I'm fully vaccinated and boostered and have avoided it so far. I'm pretty sure i know what happened. I left for our retirement property early this week and had no contact with anyone until Thursday afternoon. I had a dental cleaning. The dentist and hygienist has full PPE.

Over that last few weeks I've had some on again, off again sinus pressure and Thursday evening it seemed to break loose. I had thick discolored discharge associated with a bacterial sinus infection. I also had the slight burning in my throat and chest that is characteristic when infected sinus drainage infects the lungs. I woke up about 0330 and could not go back to sleep. I had body aches that were worse than normal when I get any infection. I have a form of reactive arthritis and any time my immune system gets stirred up to fight an infection, the arthritis flairs up. But this episode was worse than normal.

My wife came down to the retirement property this morning. I had her stop on the way for rapid COVID tests, just in case. Sure enough, I tested positive. She tested negative. So, I'm pretty sure I got it at the dentist office. I spent the day in bed. I had my doctor call in antibiotics for the sinus infection and Paxlovid for the COVID. My wife was kind enough to go out and get the meds and enough food to get me through the week. It looks like I'll be isolating here for the next week and my wife headed back home.

The symptoms are pretty mild, probably because of the vaccination regiment. Looking at the statics, it is likely XBB 1.5 or BQ 1.1 which seem to be dominant now. Since the primary purpose of the vaccinations is to reduce hospitalization and reduce the chances of infection, I'm very glad I got them. Infection is related to many factor including the viral load you are exposed to. I doubt there is any worse situation for an increased viral load exposure that is worse than having someone with their hands in your mouth for an hour.

I'm fortunate that I can do some computer work remotely so I shouldn't fall to far behind at work. As the symptoms ease this week, I should also be able to get some physical work done around the retirement property and the farm.

Thanks,

Jack
I hope you start to feel better. In my community, nearly everyone has had Covid, once, twice, or more, regardless of vaccine.

Almost 50% of our county is non vaccinated from the last data I saw.

Hope you feel better. My dentist won’t see patients that are feeling like they have sinus infection. He’d rather they reschedule.
That is a reasonable policy. I'm sure I didn't have it before the dentist visit. No contact with anyone for several days prior. Before that, close contact with my wife only and she tested negative. I'm pretty sure the dentist office was the source.

Thanks,

Jack

I hope you start to feel better. In my community, nearly everyone has had Covid, once, twice, or more, regardless of vaccine.

Almost 50% of our county is non vaccinated from the last data I saw.

Yep, the vaccines don't prevent contraction of the disease, they just prepare your own immune system to fight it more quickly. If the viral load at exposure is low enough you have less chance of contracting it. The real value is in the reduction of symptoms and lower hospitalization and death rates. Vaccines don't stop the spread. They slow it and help keep the hospital system from overloading as well as reducing the death rate.

So far, each variant seems to be more communicable but less deadly. This makes sense as, like all life, viruses want to multiply. Mutations that kill their victims don't compete well with those that keep them alive with symptoms to pass it on to others. In time, this will hopefully be like the standard flu and the death rate will drop. We will probably get annual shots like the flu shot and it will just become another part of the disease landscape we all deal with.

Thanks,

Jack

Hope you fight it off soon jack. I would add get yourself some ivermectin, vitamins, c, and d3 ,zinc. I believe it was 3000 mg of c 500 d3 and 1000 zinc if memory serves. It works trust me. The zinc overload will mess with your sense of taste for sure, turned my tongue black for a few days. But it DOES work, better than any of the so called treatments they will try to give you. I have no experience with the paxlovid, the last time I had COVID (a couple months ago I got it again) my doctor wouldn't give it to me. Said the risk wasn't worth it for me. She told me to go back to the vitamins and ivermectin as we know that works.
Feel better!

Thanks!

Hang in there buddy! Hope you feel better soon.

I hope you get well soon.

Wife had it this week. Nothing bad just some aches, fever and coughing. Somehow I avoided it. Funny how it gets some folks and not others.

My last Covid was a day of misery Then pretty much gone. I am just getting over something much worse. 10 days of hacking up a lung and a killer sore throat. Antibiotics finally got rid of it. The doctor‘s Diagnosis was a lot of crap going around. Co worker just got out of hospital from the flu. It seems Covid has fallen a ways down the list of shit you don’t want.

The CEO of Pfizer got grilled in Davos but would not answer any questions on the sudden deaths and myocarditis. I’ll take my chance with Covid (I’ve had it twice) it’s like the flu.

I’m not one to look at 1000 revolvers and pick one up and play Russian Roulette , knowing that one in that group has a bullet in it .

If others do, that’s fine go for it .

This week I have had this weird pain in the side of my neck, and I lost my taste for one day. I assumed I finally caught COVID, took the test and I was negative. No jab for me, I haven’t been sick at all since all this scare started. Then again I didn’t lock myself up, and weaken my immune system. I may have had it, but my immune system fought it off like it was intended. Or I just have been very lucky, living my life like normal.

In my opinion the jab is snake oil, but there is no way to prove it either way. But then again, you didn’t ask for my opinion.

Thanks for all the well wishes. It has not been pleasant so far, but at least I'm no where near hospitalization at this point. Different folks have different views on this disease. I go with the science, but understand how many are skeptical. Either way, I appreciate the support and hope to pass the same support on to others regardless of their views. I lost some good friends to this disease so I realize how dangerous it can be. It is especially frustrating having a simultaneous bacterial sinus infection. I don't enjoy being on both antibiotics and antivirals at the same time.

Thanks,

Jack

Hope you start feeling better soon!

My wife tested positive when she went to see her mom in a seniors home. I then tested,positive too but was testing negative two days later. Had to take 5 days off from work,negative the whole time. Obviously had it the week before. We have our first booster. Very strange how it affects everyone differently. Luckily, I have a stronger immune system. Never have had a flu shot.

Get better.
I'm a pureblood and was lucky I guess, my covid only lasted about 3 days.
I wish I was a pure blood, but I thank God every day for my kids being pure bloods. I think the vax has been moderately helpful for some elderly and unhealthy people. I'm grateful to covid for getting me in shape. Without covid I'd still be eating toaster strudels for breakfast. Amazing how you don't catch bugs anymore when you can fight them off. I heard of a guy who didn't feel well, and so he took all 8 of the free covid tests he was given. 6 came back neg and 2 pos.

Hope you feel better soon Jack! Get plenty of rest.

The CEO of Pfizer got grilled in Davos but would not answer any questions on the sudden deaths and myocarditis. I’ll take my chance with Covid (I’ve had it twice) it’s like the flu.

I’m not one to look at 1000 revolvers and pick one up and play Russian Roulette , knowing that one in that group has a bullet in it .

If others do, that’s fine go for it .
The flu kills thousands of people each year, sometimes hundreds of thousands.