COVID

My wife tested positive when she went to see her mom in a seniors home. I then tested,positive too but was testing negative two days later. Had to take 5 days off from work,negative the whole time. Obviously had it the week before. We have our first booster. Very strange how it affects everyone differently. Luckily, I have a stronger immune system. Never have had a flu shot.

Yes, the rapid testing leaves something to be desired. The rate of false positives and negatives is higher than optimal, but these tests are fast and can be self administered with no lab. The PCR tests are much more accurate. With the rapid tests, I like to take it several time to confirm. I think they are most useful when determining when to end isolation. Two negative tests two days apart with no symptoms are a pretty good indicator that you are clear.

Thanks,

Jack

The flu kills thousands of people each year, sometimes hundreds of thousands.

Yes it does and has for many, many, years. While the death rate is much lower than COVID, it is still a serious disease, especially in compromised folks. Hopefully, COVID will evolve variants over time that are more communicable but with a lower death rate like the common flu.

While there still may be surges from time to time with COVID, I think we are largely past the point where the health system will be overloaded and folks who would have otherwise lived with hospitalization treatment, otherwise die because of lack of beds which was the biggest concern with COVID initially.

Thakns,

Jack

I decided I wasn't going to take a test unless I ended up in the hospital. Made it until right before Christmas this year when I ended up having some sort of throat/lympthnode problems. Had to test before they would see me for CT scans and whatnot. From the start I figured if I was sick I would stay home and not expose anyone. If I was sick enough to die I would go to the doctor. Nothing really changed for me when covid hit other than I had lots more time off that spring than ever before. Funny thing, when anyone in the family gets sick and tests positive we do at least one more test to confirm it. If the first test is negative we walk away.

Yes it does and has for many, many, years. While the death rate is much lower than COVID, it is still a serious disease, especially in compromised folks. Hopefully, COVID will evolve variants over time that are more communicable but with a lower death rate like the common flu.

While there still may be surges from time to time with COVID, I think we are largely past the point where the health system will be overloaded and folks who would have otherwise lived with hospitalization treatment, otherwise die because of lack of beds which was the biggest concern with COVID initially.

Thakns,

Jack
Having lived through COVID myself I can tell you with no doubt, the only real issue with COVID is the lack of doctors willing to use effective early treatment. When I had it the first time they told me to stay home until I couldn't breath anymore(paraphrasing obviously). By that time it was to late. It really is no different than pneumonia,the flu etc. If I sat home with pneumonia with no treatment I would have been in the same boat. The late stage treatments they use are not effective and in most cases are more harmful than helpful.
I read somewhere that some of the new early treatments are actually just repackaged ivermectin. I don't know if the prolaxavid (spelling?) is this or not. I don't think it is due to my drs aversion to prescribing it for me.
As far a the jabs, what everyone does is up to them. Just don't follow only the "science" they have toured as fact. The lure of money and power have proven to attractive to some right now. They will say whatever will get them more of both.

Having lived through COVID myself I can tell you with no doubt, the only real issue with COVID is the lack of doctors willing to use effective early treatment. When I had it the first time they told me to stay home until I couldn't breath anymore(paraphrasing obviously). By that time it was to late. It really is no different than pneumonia,the flu etc. If I sat home with pneumonia with no treatment I would have been in the same boat. The late stage treatments they use are not effective and in most cases are more harmful than helpful.
I read somewhere that some of the new early treatments are actually just repackaged ivermectin. I don't know if the prolaxavid (spelling?) is this or not. I don't think it is due to my drs aversion to prescribing it for me.
As far a the jabs, what everyone does is up to them. Just don't follow only the "science" they have toured as fact. The lure of money and power have proven to attractive to some right now. They will say whatever will get them more of both.
This is the worst post I’ve ever read on this board. And that’s saying something.

This is the worst post I’ve ever read on this board. And that’s saying something.
What offended your delicate sensitivities? The horrible spelling and punctuation? I would agree, I typed it on my phone and didn't proofread it before posting.

Bill,

Paxlovid is actually an antiviral drug cocktail consisting of nirmatrelvir and ritonavir. Clinical trials show about 89% reduction in hospitalization an death in high risk patients. You have to take it within 5 days of the onset of symptoms for it to be this effective. It seems to be working for me.

Here is a summery update on my case:

1/19 - Most likely exposure date.
1/20 PM - Onset of symptoms (body aches, low grade fever, shortness of breath, burning in lungs)
1/21 AM - Test Positive with high level of antigen detected (symptoms continue)
1/21 PM - First dose of Paxlovid (taking as prescribed 3 pill coctail BID)
1/22 - Symptoms continue but are somewhat less
1/23 AM - Most symptoms gone (metallic taste in mouth persists, very light body aches, respiratory symptoms completely gone).
1/23 AM - Rapid test shows positive, but with low level of antigen detected.

I also ran my data through the CDC isolation calculator. It indicates that I can end my isolation on 1/26. It says I should wear a mask for 10 days after that or until I get 2 negative rapid tests taken 48 hours apart, whichever comes first.

Thanks,

Jack

I don't see how anyone in the world can be expected to believe any of the "data" relating to this entire pandemic. It's been so messed with nobody will ever know what's real and what isn't. And if the gov't is telling you something, high chance it's a lie. Goes for China's gov't too.

I don't see how anyone in the world can be expected to believe any of the "data" relating to this entire pandemic. It's been so messed with nobody will ever know what's real and what isn't. And if the gov't is telling you something, high chance it's a lie. Goes for China's gov't too.
Yeah and when the Pfizer CEO refuses to answer any questions about the side effects, deaths and disability, there will be no confidence in the vaccine for many people .

He needs to address this as it’s a serious problem. I have 3 family and friends that had very bad reactions to the vaccine . One had body hives within 12 hours and it messed up their life for a year.

All vaccines have risk. They always have. And the benefits far outweigh these risks, especially for the age group represented on this board. Don’t let any talking head convince your otherwise. They don’t have your best interest at heart.

All vaccines have risk. They always have. And the benefits far outweigh these risks, especially for the age group represented on this board. Don’t let any talking head convince your otherwise. They don’t have your best interest at heart.
Wrong, the ones without our best interest in mind are the ones pushing the jabs.
Yes all vaccines have some risk. The difference is others have KNOWN risks that are acknowledged. Not like these that according to the dear leaders are 100%safe and 100% effective, except they aren't.

Bill,

Paxlovid is actually an antiviral drug cocktail consisting of nirmatrelvir and ritonavir. Clinical trials show about 89% reduction in hospitalization an death in high risk patients. You have to take it within 5 days of the onset of symptoms for it to be this effective. It seems to be working for me.

Here is a summery update on my case:

1/19 - Most likely exposure date.
1/20 PM - Onset of symptoms (body aches, low grade fever, shortness of breath, burning in lungs)
1/21 AM - Test Positive with high level of antigen detected (symptoms continue)
1/21 PM - First dose of Paxlovid (taking as prescribed 3 pill coctail BID)
1/22 - Symptoms continue but are somewhat less
1/23 AM - Most symptoms gone (metallic taste in mouth persists, very light body aches, respiratory symptoms completely gone).
1/23 AM - Rapid test shows positive, but with low level of antigen detected.

I also ran my data through the CDC isolation calculator. It indicates that I can end my isolation on 1/26. It says I should wear a mask for 10 days after that or until I get 2 negative rapid tests taken 48 hours apart, whichever comes first.

Thanks,

Jack
Glad you are doing better Jack. Looks like you got on it early. Thats all the difference!

My son and DIL are federal government lawyers in DC, and she is unabashedly a SJW, in the DOJ Civil Rights Division. They still wear masks everywhere they go, and make my 2yr old granddaughter wear one, as well... and enrolled her in the under-5 vaccine trials. I was essentially forced to take the vaccine before they would allow me to see my grandchild, and I allowed my wife to brow-beat me into getting the second booster 6 months after the initial series. That second booster put me to bed for a day and a half. I will not take another until there is believable safety and efficacy data available. If I 'Die Suddenly'... I hope someone will make certain that my heart is examined.
Having been in the medical and public health realm for the past 30 years, I have to say I had some trepidation about a 'new' vaccine technology rushed out under 'emergency use' claims in less than a year... I would not have been surprised if it had taken 5 years to get sufficient safety and efficacy data out to warrant FDA approval.
It's now very evident that the mRNA shots do not prevent infection or transmission, and the data suggesting it diminishes severity of disease and hospitalization is weak at best, and appears to rapidly decline.

I've not knowingly had COVID, but a number of my wife's friends have had it. I know one young colleague, whose 90 yr old grandmother died with it. My unvaccinated BIL spent 2 months in the hospital with COVID, a year ago, and is still on oxygen 24/7. He's the only person I know who ended up in the hospital, but he's got Type I diabetes, thyroiditis, and numerous other maladies that are part of a progressing autoimmune disease syndrome.

As a veterinary pathologist, now working exclusively on research projects utilizing laboratory animals, I've been involved in evaluating tissues from numerous COVID infection studies in mice, rats, pigs, over the past 2 years. Most of the time, I'm 'blinded' to prevent any bias or prejudice... I only know things like... the animals were infected with SARS-CoV2 virus 3 days prior to sacrifice... but no info regarding treatments employed or treatment/control groups, if there are any.
I had a project recently, in which they provided no details whatsoever... but sections of left ventricular wall of heart from EVERY. SINGLE. ANIMAL. had significant contraction band necrosis of the cardiac muscle... acute muscle fiber damage and death... but not yet enough time to have recruited the inflammatory component that would qualify it as 'myocarditis'.
There have been published reports of contraction band necrosis in heart muscle of young men who received mRNA shots... so, I'm wondering if these animals were injected with an mRNA product... otherwise, the only other routine causes of this condition in animals would be exposure to meth or severe Vitamin E/Selenium deficiency/imbalance.

That’s wrong ,the vaccine side effects far outweighs the risk of contracting Covid . Depending on age group. Young healthy people should steer clear !!!

Plus the vaccine does not stop the spread of Covid anyway ?

Last edited:
That’s wrong ,the vaccine side effects far outweighs the risk of contracting Covid . Depending on age group. Young healthy people should steer clear !!!

Plus the vaccine does not stop the spread of Covid anyway ?
It’s not a neutralizing vaccine. If you contract covid, the risk of dying is 9 times less than if you were unvaccinated.

I do think getting a vaccine is less important once you’ve had covid. Data still shows you are less likely to die if vaccinated, but less so than 9x.

I agree with you on kids. Covid shows very little risk to kids. I agree with you there. Why I said this age group in earlier post.

Here is the thing. This vaccine was kickstarted by Trump. He was vaccinated, and boosted. I don’t see why conservatives are so against it.

My son and DIL are federal government lawyers in DC, and she is unabashedly a SJW, in the DOJ Civil Rights Division. They still wear masks everywhere they go, and make my 2yr old granddaughter wear one, as well... and enrolled her in the under-5 vaccine trials. I was essentially forced to take the vaccine before they would allow me to see my grandchild, and I allowed my wife to brow-beat me into getting the second booster 6 months after the initial series. That second booster put me to bed for a day and a half. I will not take another until there is believable safety and efficacy data available. If I 'Die Suddenly'... I hope someone will make certain that my heart is examined.
Having been in the medical and public health realm for the past 30 years, I have to say I had some trepidation about a 'new' vaccine technology rushed out under 'emergency use' claims in less than a year... I would not have been surprised if it had taken 5 years to get sufficient safety and efficacy data out to warrant FDA approval.
It's now very evident that the mRNA shots do not prevent infection or transmission, and the data suggesting it diminishes severity of disease and hospitalization is weak at best, and appears to rapidly decline.

I've not knowingly had COVID, but a number of my wife's friends have had it. I know one young colleague, whose 90 yr old grandmother died with it. My unvaccinated BIL spent 2 months in the hospital with COVID, a year ago, and is still on oxygen 24/7. He's the only person I know who ended up in the hospital, but he's got Type I diabetes, thyroiditis, and numerous other maladies that are part of a progressing autoimmune disease syndrome.

As a veterinary pathologist, now working exclusively on research projects utilizing laboratory animals, I've been involved in evaluating tissues from numerous COVID infection studies in mice, rats, pigs, over the past 2 years. Most of the time, I'm 'blinded' to prevent any bias or prejudice... I only know things like... the animals were infected with SARS-CoV2 virus 3 days prior to sacrifice... but no info regarding treatments employed or treatment/control groups, if there are any.
I had a project recently, in which they provided no details whatsoever... but sections of left ventricular wall of heart from EVERY. SINGLE. ANIMAL. had significant contraction band necrosis of the cardiac muscle... acute muscle fiber damage and death... but not yet enough time to have recruited the inflammatory component that would qualify it as 'myocarditis'.
There have been published reports of contraction band necrosis in heart muscle of young men who received mRNA shots... so, I'm wondering if these animals were injected with an mRNA product... otherwise, the only other routine causes of this condition in animals would be exposure to meth or severe Vitamin E/Selenium deficiency/imbalance.
Or covid itself and the immune response.

Here is the thing. This vaccine was kickstarted by Trump. He was vaccinated, and boosted. I don’t see why conservatives are so against it.
What does being conservative have to do with it? I don't care who started it and I would imagine that the vast majority don't either.