COVID

Didn't suggest anyone ignore anything. I simply suggested folks check sources on posts and decide for themselves. Also suggested continued politicization of COVID is not helpful, except to the politicians.
Check sources because I only believe sources I found. Lol

There were times on this thread where we had thoughtful discussion between some folks with opposing views. That was beneficial.

I think there are also times when it is beneficial to step back and let the self-licking ice cream cone reveal itself. I trust most folks are able to see things for what they are. 😄

There were times on this thread where we had thoughtful discussion between some folks with opposing views. That was beneficial.

I think there are also times when it is beneficial to step back and let the self-licking ice cream cone reveal itself. I trust most folks are able to see things for what they are. 😄
Yeah I would imagine you hit the nail with your screwdriver there!

You don't have any discussions. Only condescending posts meant to attempt to make you feel like the smartest person here. All the while trying to discredit any and all apposing views, and then stepping back and saying " who me??". It's quite comical really.

Might as well come out and say " all your sources are big fat dumby heads!"

And this is one of those time... 😄

It' 35 degrees outside and has been raining all week with forecasted rain to continue for several more days.Bored and Looking on this site I cant find a single thread on using tooth wear to age deer, validity of shooting spikes, improving genetics by shooting inferior deer, or the immorality of game fences. Crap! The longest running thread currently on the habitat forum is on covid. And I have nothing better to do than offer another opinion amongst all the other opinions that frankly change nothing.

What Fauci has said or done doesn't really mean a thing to me. I don't listen to him.The little I have he reminds me of the politicians I have heard that smack of hypocrisy and no authenticity. Makes my skin crawl.

I don't listen to the CDC NIH WHO or any other acronym agency. The little I have heard from them doesn't resonate at all and many have a long history of suspect guidance.

I certainly don't listen to any politician regarding my health or the health of others, The little I have all sounds more like power and control vs. common good.

I have researched covid thru medical and scientific sources I trust not just about a virus but health in general . To me there is a wealth of information providing guidelines on how I can take care of myself and others as preventative or as treatment.None of which suggests taking the vaccine or wearing masks. I'm satisfied with what I've learned and believe. Don't feel the need to convince anyone of anything unless they want to know my thoughts.

I will use my own personal discretion regarding my personal health and who I should be around or not. By the same token I believe if someone feels vulnerable for any reason they should take whatever steps they feel appropriate to isolate and protect themself. I do not believe it is the govts. job to legislate this. Certainly I believe mandates are across the line.

Where I have a major problem with the entire response to covid is what I consider govt. and corp. overreach. For businesses to be shut down with the deleterious impact on employment and livelihoods to me was immoral and borderline criminal. That it was done so inconsistently was blatantly hypocritical. Those that could least afford it were hurt the worst. For govt. and corporations to coerce and effectively mandate vaccinations was beyond the pale. I understand choice and free will. But again the 'choice' hurt those that could least afford it the most...in effect a mandate.

I think it is well understood that the vaccine does not stop someone from getting covid nor transmitting it. I think it is well understood that comorbidity was the more contributing factor to most of the serious problems with covid. Perhaps slightly more controversial but I think many or most believe that masking accomplished nothing. I think it is well understood that the whole 'safe distance' was ... well stupid. To me I hope the lesson is that we the people are far wiser and capable of handling such circumstance individually vs. top down control. If I want to go to a restaurant, get a massage, go to the garden center or feed store etc. etc during covid or any other event, it is my choice..not the govts. role to shut stores down to protect 'me'. If I have a comorbidity and am concerned about covid , the flu or anything else, I'll take responsibility to protect my self as I feel best. All of society shouldn't be effected by my circumstance

It' 35 degrees outside and has been raining all week with forecasted rain to continue for several more days.Bored and Looking on this site I cant find a single thread on using tooth wear to age deer, validity of shooting spikes, improving genetics by shooting inferior deer, or the immorality of game fences. Crap! The longest running thread currently on the habitat forum is on covid. And I have nothing better to do than offer another opinion amongst all the other opinions that frankly change nothing.

What Fauci has said or done doesn't really mean a thing to me. I don't listen to him.The little I have he reminds me of the politicians I have heard that smack of hypocrisy and no authenticity. Makes my skin crawl.

I don't listen to the CDC NIH WHO or any other acronym agency. The little I have heard from them doesn't resonate at all and many have a long history of suspect guidance.

I certainly don't listen to any politician regarding my health or the health of others, The little I have all sounds more like power and control vs. common good.

I have researched covid thru medical and scientific sources I trust not just about a virus but health in general . To me there is a wealth of information providing guidelines on how I can take care of myself and others as preventative or as treatment.None of which suggests taking the vaccine or wearing masks. I'm satisfied with what I've learned and believe. Don't feel the need to convince anyone of anything unless they want to know my thoughts.

I will use my own personal discretion regarding my personal health and who I should be around or not. By the same token I believe if someone feels vulnerable for any reason they should take whatever steps they feel appropriate to isolate and protect themself. I do not believe it is the govts. job to legislate this. Certainly I believe mandates are across the line.

Where I have a major problem with the entire response to covid is what I consider govt. and corp. overreach. For businesses to be shut down with the deleterious impact on employment and livelihoods to me was immoral and borderline criminal. That it was done so inconsistently was blatantly hypocritical. Those that could least afford it were hurt the worst. For govt. and corporations to coerce and effectively mandate vaccinations was beyond the pale. I understand choice and free will. But again the 'choice' hurt those that could least afford it the most...in effect a mandate.

I think it is well understood that the vaccine does not stop someone from getting covid nor transmitting it. I think it is well understood that comorbidity was the more contributing factor to most of the serious problems with covid. Perhaps slightly more controversial but I think many or most believe that masking accomplished nothing. I think it is well understood that the whole 'safe distance' was ... well stupid. To me I hope the lesson is that we the people are far wiser and capable of handling such circumstance individually vs. top down control. If I want to go to a restaurant, get a massage, go to the garden center or feed store etc. etc during covid or any other event, it is my choice..not the govts. role to shut stores down to protect 'me'. If I have a comorbidity and am concerned about covid , the flu or anything else, I'll take responsibility to protect my self as I feel best. All of society shouldn't be effected by my circumstance
Thoughtful discussion!

I feel pretty well but tested strong positive again today... Ugghhh!

Did they tell you to keep up with the paxlovid after the rebound, or to stop taking it?

Did they tell you to keep up with the paxlovid after the rebound, or to stop taking it?
They prescribed Paxlovid initially when I first started showing symptoms and tested positive. I started taking it on a Saturday one day after the first symptoms. It was a 5 day prescription and I finished it. I really felt great once I was on it a day or two and I tested weaker and weaker for antigens. I stopped isolation and started wearing a mask on that Thursday. It was Sunday night when I got some mild symptom return and tested strong positive on Monday indicating Rebound COVID. They don't recommend a second course of Paxlovid for Rebound COVID, so it was not prescribed, and I'm not taking it.

Dude seriously resume normal activities. Negative test is not needed to stop quarantining and that's straight from the CDC. Hell half of us have either worked right through it or only took a day or two off. Easy rule that applied pre-covid still makes the most sense. If your sick stay home, if you are ok come to work. Best medicine is physical activity. I've had it twice now and snowmobiled, cut trees, tended to burn piles, and just pushed through. Sure I got gassed but no pain no gain.

Yes, when I was young, I never got flu shots. I was at low risk.
OH, so without repercussion, you had the CHOICE to decide what was best for your health at that time!? No worry of losing your job, or not being able to travel, or go to a concert/show/bar/etc.!?

That is what many of us are arguing on this thread. NO ONE should’ve been forced to get vaccinated - PERIOD - because all that nonsense you wrote about making decisions and reaping the consequences of your decisions holds any validity to the seriousness of what this virus actually is, anymore than the flu is and was back when you “never got the shot”.

You literally contradicted your statement from earlier with this post. Shows you are selfish and only care about the health of one - yourself. All that talk about what’s best for the population is a bunch of BS.

And don’t act like you’re not condescending towards people. You’re doing it in a way that most don’t catch on to - I see it many times from those that think they are smarter, superior, or just plain better than others. Why did you even bother posting that you had Covid on this forum? So people would feel sorry for you and give attention? Or to feed your ego when the arguments knowingly started?

Dude seriously resume normal activities. Negative test is not needed to stop quarantining and that's straight from the CDC. Hell half of us have either worked right through it or only took a day or two off. Easy rule that applied pre-covid still makes the most sense. If your sick stay home, if you are ok come to work. Best medicine is physical activity. I've had it twice now and snowmobiled, cut trees, tended to burn piles, and just pushed through. Sure I got gassed but no pain no gain.
You are right, CDC guidelines are 5 days of isolation followed by 10 days of masking or 2 negative antigen tests 48 hours apart, which ever comes first. Unfortunately, the clock resets with Rebound COVID according to the CDC. That means when symptoms reemerged on Monday, my 5 day isolation started again. (Seems to happen with Paxlovid treatment moreoften). So, Saturday ends my isolation and starts my masking period.

My symptoms are mild and I resumed normal activities over a week ago with the exception of isolation. I'm fortunate to be able to work remotely right now. I'm headed to the farm tomorrow to get in more physical activity than I get here. My down time was the first two days of the initial infection. The third day was mild physical activity, and I've been operating normally since then with just slight headache and mild body aches and a runny nose that emerged with the Rebound COVID.