COVID

You are right, CDC guidelines are 5 days of isolation followed by 10 days of masking or 2 negative antigen tests 48 hours apart, which ever comes first. Unfortunately, the clock resets with Rebound COVID according to the CDC. That means when symptoms reemerged on Monday, my 5 day isolation started again. (Seems to happen with Paxlovid treatment moreoften). So, Saturday ends my isolation and starts my masking period.

My symptoms are mild and I resumed normal activities over a week ago with the exception of isolation. I'm fortunate to be able to work remotely right now. I'm headed to the farm tomorrow to get in more physical activity than I get here. My down time was the first two days of the initial infection. The third day was mild physical activity, and I've been operating normally since then with just slight headache and mild body aches and a runny nose that emerged with the Rebound COVID.
Relying on blatantly inaccurate rapid tests is ridiculous. I've seen way too many cases of people living together and sleeping in the same bed not infecting each other to believe the ultra contagious hype over the COVID. If you test positive for months which does happen, will you continue to quarantine?

OH, so without repercussion, you had the CHOICE to decide what was best for your health at that time!? No worry of losing your job, or not being able to travel, or go to a concert/show/bar/etc.!?

That is what many of us are arguing on this thread. NO ONE should’ve been forced to get vaccinated - PERIOD - because all that nonsense you wrote about making decisions and reaping the consequences of your decisions holds any validity to the seriousness of what this virus actually is, anymore than the flu is and was back when you “never got the shot”.

You literally contradicted your statement from earlier with this post. Shows you are selfish and only care about the health of one - yourself. All that talk about what’s best for the population is a bunch of BS.

And don’t act like you’re not condescending towards people. You’re doing it in a way that most don’t catch on to - I see it many times from those that think they are smarter, superior, or just plain better than others. Why did you even bother posting that you had Covid on this forum? So people would feel sorry for you and give attention? Or to feed your ego when the arguments knowingly started?
I se no contradiction at all. With the exception of the military, I actually agree with folks that no one should be forced. But I see a difference between coercion and force. We are all coerced in different ways for different things in life. It is a tough to strike the right balance between the rights of different folks. I admit that I don't know exactly where we should draw that line. I can see both sides. I can the the interests of those at high risk conflicting with those who, for whatever reason, feel it infringes on their freedoms to take action to mitigate spread.

The reason I started this thread was simply to share my personal experience with COVID. With such a high percentage of folks contracting the disease, I'm not sure why anyone would feel any more sorry for me than for many others. My personal experience is just one anecdotal example that may or may not be representative. Take it for what it is worth.

Far from thinking I know it all, several folks on this thread recommend against taking Paxlovid. In hindsight, I'm now questioning that decision. You may call me selfish, but my primary reason for vaccination and masking and following current CDC guidelines is to protect others. I've had several close friends die from COVID, and I'd have a hard time with thinking I contributed to that.

Relying on blatantly inaccurate rapid tests is ridiculous. I've seen way too many cases of people living together and sleeping in the same bed not infecting each other to believe the ultra contagious hype over the COVID. If you test positive for months which does happen, will you continue to quarantine?
No, that is not the CDC guidelines. There is both a false positive and false negative rate in most every testing approach. Testing on a daily basis reduces those potential errors. I will only isolate for 5 days from the onset according to the CDC guidelines. You are right that you can test positive with an antigen test months after infection when you are not infectious. The reason to do antigen testing is to reduce the masking period.

Most impactful COVID death to me personally was a life long friend and neighbor passing away early on in this so called pandemic. He began not feeling well and refused to go to the doctor because the media was telling us you will contract the deadly COVID if you go out in public, especially a doctor's office. He continued to get worse and began to suspect COVID but the hospitals were rejecting COVID patients at that time and telling everyone to just wait it out with no treatments. He eventually got so bad that his family forced him in hoping a respirator was the answer. NOPE he likely had a heart attack weeks earlier and while timely intervention would have basically been able to mitigate the effects, the damage was now past repair. He suffered for months and his family was shut out from seeing him because of COVID restrictions. IMO he passed away because of COVID without ever having contracted COVID. Sad sad situation.

Most impactful COVID death to me personally was a life long friend and neighbor passing away early on in this so called pandemic. He began not feeling well and refused to go to the doctor because the media was telling us you will contract the deadly COVID if you go out in public, especially a doctor's office. He continued to get worse and began to suspect COVID but the hospitals were rejecting COVID patients at that time and telling everyone to just wait it out with no treatments. He eventually got so bad that his family forced him in hoping a respirator was the answer. NOPE he likely had a heart attack weeks earlier and while timely intervention would have basically been able to mitigate the effects, the damage was now past repair. He suffered for months and his family was shut out from seeing him because of COVID restrictions. IMO he passed away because of COVID without ever having contracted COVID. Sad sad situation.
Yes, the entire situation was sad and many folks were hurt both directly by COVID and indirectly through the response. Had a younger friend die of COVID who left a wife and 3 daughters. Tough funeral. Thought COVID was no big deal till he got it and things spiraled.

I se no contradiction at all. With the exception of the military, I actually agree with folks that no one should be forced. But I see a difference between coercion and force. We are all coerced in different ways for different things in life. It is a tough to strike the right balance between the rights of different folks. I admit that I don't know exactly where we should draw that line. I can see both sides. I can the the interests of those at high risk conflicting with those who, for whatever reason, feel it infringes on their freedoms to take action to mitigate spread.

The reason I started this thread was simply to share my personal experience with COVID. With such a high percentage of folks contracting the disease, I'm not sure why anyone would feel any more sorry for me than for many others. My personal experience is just one anecdotal example that may or may not be representative. Take it for what it is worth.

Far from thinking I know it all, several folks on this thread recommend against taking Paxlovid. In hindsight, I'm now questioning that decision. You may call me selfish, but my primary reason for vaccination and masking and following current CDC guidelines is to protect others. I've had several close friends die from COVID, and I'd have a hard time with thinking I contributed to that.
It’s not coercion when I either take the jab OR LOSE MY JOB!? That is forcing. Byedan even tried to force companies that had 100 or more employees to get vaccinated…what in the actual f**k kind of mentality is that!? So if your company only has 99 employees, no one can contract or spread Covid? Senseless…that was almost the final straw for me to do something I was totally opposed to, or lose my job and disrupt my family’s well being. And I had already gotten and beat Covid naturally at that point!

Employers were not deciding on their own to force vaccination at their companies either. They too were being forced due to the government mandates. And if you lived in a Blue state, the mandates were worse - CA, NY, PA, MI, VT….and many more had Draconian style mandates that did NOT slow the spread, this is proven.

Above all else, this plandemic successfully divided the American people even further. That is their main goal IMO, and to have us dependent on them.

It’s not coercion when I either take the jab OR LOSE MY JOB!? That is forcing. Byedan even tried to force companies that had 100 or more employees to get vaccinated…what in the actual f**k kind of mentality is that!? So if your company only has 99 employees, no one can contract or spread Covid? Senseless…that was almost the final straw for me to do something I was totally opposed to, or lose my job and disrupt my family’s well being. And I had already gotten and beat Covid naturally at that point!

Employers were not deciding on their own to force vaccination at their companies either. They too were being forced due to the government mandates. And if you lived in a Blue state, the mandates were worse - CA, NY, PA, MI, VT….and many more had Draconian style mandates that did NOT slow the spread, this is proven.

Above all else, this plandemic successfully divided the American people even further. That is their main goal IMO, and to have us dependent on them.
You and I just have a different definition of coercion.

You and I just have a different definition of coercion.
I revisited the meaning, wrong use of the word on my part - my fault. Persuasion is what I meant.

But to clarify, since we agree on the definition of coercion; you are okay with the government and or companies forcing vaccination? You can’t be against forcing but okay with coercion…same thing no?

I revisited the meaning, wrong use of the word on my part - my fault. Persuasion is what I meant.

But to clarify, since we agree on the definition of coercion; you are okay with the government and or companies forcing vaccination? You can’t be against forcing but okay with coercion…same thing no?
I see them as different. I am OK with forced vaccination in the military. That has been in place long before COVID. The military has exceptional powers to restrict freedoms of their members. Beyond the military, I'm not OK with forced vaccination. Coerced vaccination is another matter. Once can choose not to vaccinate but may have to pay a high price like losing a job. I am OK with some level of coercion. Private employers have always had the right to terminate employees without cause, except for certain constitutionally protected classes. It them become a matter of "where do you draw the line?" I don't have the answer to that. I do thing we have a legal/political system that needs to answer that question. It is done through electing different folks into office to pass different laws and bring suit where folks feel they have been injured.

To my way if thinking, forcing is physically holding you down and inoculating you. Coercion is either offering or taking something of value from you (like a job) if you don't comply.

My position is that it is now behind us. I agree that we should look back and ask whether we did the right thing. At this point we likely have 90% herd immunity and forced vaccinations are in the rear view mirror.

By the way, the federal government and most employers (but not all), also offered an option to vaccination. I'm guessing they likely did this to avoid liability. Most had a policy that allowed employees to mask and test weekly rather than vaccinate. Was that the right balance? I don't know. It seems reasonable, but I realize some employers in some jobs did not offer that out.

I see them as different. I am OK with forced vaccination in the military. That has been in place long before COVID. The military has exceptional powers to restrict freedoms of their members. Beyond the military, I'm not OK with forced vaccination. Coerced vaccination is another matter. Once can choose not to vaccinate but may have to pay a high price like losing a job. I am OK with some level of coercion. Private employers have always had the right to terminate employees without cause, except for certain constitutionally protected classes. It them become a matter of "where do you draw the line?" I don't have the answer to that. I do thing we have a legal/political system that needs to answer that question. It is done through electing different folks into office to pass different laws and bring suit where folks feel they have been injured.

To my way if thinking, forcing is physically holding you down and inoculating you. Coercion is either offering or taking something of value from you (like a job) if you don't comply.

My position is that it is now behind us. I agree that we should look back and ask whether we did the right thing. At this point we likely have 90% herd immunity and forced vaccinations are in the rear view mirror.

By the way, the federal government and most employers (but not all), also offered an option to vaccination. I'm guessing they likely did this to avoid liability. Most had a policy that allowed employees to mask and test weekly rather than vaccinate. Was that the right balance? I don't know. It seems reasonable, but I realize some employers in some jobs did not offer that out.
I can see your point with the Military. And I am assuming that you know are told that (or it is at least written in the docs you sign) before you voluntarily join the Military.

Vaccination requirements were NOT in place for the vast majority of companies, nor in their T&C’s when we were hired. So to me, that’s where they crossed the line…if we allow them to change the “rules” whenever they see fit - we are no longer in control.

I am a Union member and was very disappointed in the lack of representation we received from our UA. Protecting the rights of the worker went right out the window, and I contribute that to the political pressure the Union received from the Left.

I can see your point with the Military. And I am assuming that you know are told that (or it is at least written in the docs you sign) before you voluntarily join the Military.

Vaccination requirements were NOT in place for the vast majority of companies, nor in their T&C’s when we were hired. So to me, that’s where they crossed the line…if we allow them to change the “rules” whenever they see fit - we are no longer in control.

I am a Union member and was very disappointed in the lack of representation we received from our UA. Protecting the rights of the worker went right out the window, and I contribute that to the political pressure the Union received from the Left.
The unions care about their people up until the point it starts contradicting their democratic handlers.

This is my experience with Paxlovid so far. I think it reduced both the severity and length of the initial infection. I'll never know how much it reduced the severity. Given the way things were going when I first took it, I'd say there was at least a moderate reduction. Whether the disease, absent the antivirals, would have hospitalized me, I'll never know. My guess is not.

On the down side, the resulting Rebound COVID considerably lengthened my isolation period.

If I get it again, I'm not sure if I will take Paxlovid again or not.

Thanks,

Jack

You think? What makes you think that, because it's what you want to believe? I had Covid, I took no treatment. I felt tired 3-4 days. Perhaps, you'd be well with no rebound Covid or whatever the hell you call it, if you would have ignored the Docs. One minute you are all science, next minute some off the wall guess not based in anything but what you want to believe.

Yes, the entire situation was sad and many folks were hurt both directly by COVID and indirectly through the response. Had a younger friend die of COVID who left a wife and 3 daughters. Tough funeral. Thought COVID was no big deal till he got it and things spiraled..

...Not really hurt by COVID, hurt by the horrible response to COVID.

The fact is is that the vast majority were only hurt due to lack of early treatments. I know for a fact I was hurt by it.

The military is very up front and direct with what a person may have to do to stay enlisted; vaccinations due to world travel, physical and emotional stress, hazardous work environments, life long ailments, injury and death... Nothing is hidden, or optional. This is known prior.
Government mandating to remove personal health decisions from existing employees "or else" is wrong and over the line. How anyone can question this or be uncertain about it in a free country is baffling to me.

I think that is a very understandable position. It is not a one size fits all kind of thing. That is one reason I have such a hard time drawing a line. For example, take the small business owner that has a restaurant. Many of these folks were shut down by local and state governments for a period (whether it was called for or not). Some of them continued to pay employees while they were closed. When they were finally allowed to open, many survived on take out. I can see a local business owner thinking, "if people think we are high risk, we will go under". I can see them saying, I got vaccinated and if you want to continue working here you need to get vaccinated. If not, we will fold, and I'll lose the business and everyone will lose their jobs.

I have a hard time criticizing him for that coercion.

None of this was black and white and everyone involved had to make hard choices.

The military is very up front and direct with what a person may have to do to stay enlisted; vaccinations due to world travel, physical and emotional stress, hazardous work environments, life long ailments, injury and death... Nothing is hidden, or optional. This is known prior.
Government mandating to remove personal health decisions from existing employees "or else" is wrong and over the line. How anyone can question this or be uncertain about it in a free country is baffling to me.
Does it depend on what "or else" is? For most of the federal government, it was "or else test weekly and wear a mask at work".

Of course it matters what "or else" is; work from home, wear a mask, add cubical walls, temp checks upon entry, etc. How many health care and sanitation workers were fired in New York due to mandates? A reasonable option WAS NOT OFFERED.

Of course it matters what "or else" is; work from home, wear a mask, add cubical walls, temp checks upon entry, etc. How many health care and sanitation workers were fired in New York due to mandates? A reasonable option WAS NOT OFFERED.
Yep, some folks had much more difficult circumstances than others.