COVID

Sorry to hear that. My sincere condolences. It certainly makes it understandable how your personal experiences influences your perspective and spur skepticism. We all weigh our personal experiences heavily as we navigate through this.

Thanks Jack!

My hesitancy to get the shot came long before any of these occurrences though.

I compare it to the flu, I have taken a flu shot 2 times, I got very sick from it 2 times, in my life I only had the flu 1 time, so to me I would rather take my chance at the flu, just like covid. That and the whole government pushing it so hard, made me decide it wasnt for me.

Thanks Jack!

My hesitancy to get the shot came long before any of these occurrences though.

I compare it to the flu, I have taken a flu shot 2 times, I got very sick from it 2 times, in my life I only had the flu 1 time, so to me I would rather take my chance at the flu, just like covid. That and the whole government pushing it so hard, made me decide it wasnt for me.
Yes, when I was young, I never got flu shots. I was at low risk. When I picked up some kind of reactive arthritis (most likely Lyme disease) things changed. Each time I got an infection and my immune system responded, it would attach my joints. So what was a minor inconvenience in the past became much more problematic. That is when I started getting them. Just another example of how our personal experiences affect our choices. My wife go shingles about 10 years ago. Once I watched her go through dealing with that, I quickly came to the conclusion that I wanted inoculation against shingles.

Yes, there are some (even on this forum) that continue to politicize, bash, and belittle others. I'm very glad to see many here with opposing views willing to discuss these serious issues thoughtfully and respect the folks with whom they disagree.

Thanks,

Jack
With you being #1 on the top of the list ! By a mile !

With you being #1 on the top of the list ! By a mile !
Haven't bashed anyone and have avoided the baiting. I've provided my opinion and understanding of the science. I've avoided the name calling and personal attacks. If you take expressing an opinion different than some as bashing, so be it. I sleep well at night...when the body aches aren't too bad... 😄

Haven't bashed anyone and have avoided the baiting. I've provided my opinion and understanding of the science. I've avoided the name calling and personal attacks. If you take expressing an opinion different than some as bashing, so be it. I sleep well at night...when the body aches aren't too bad... 😄
You’ve made others feel like their opinion is stupid, and you are right all the time . Plus you have politicized many posts … including an all time doozy (where you blamed Trump for the Biden inflation & huge jump in gas prices) & the stock market crash-wasn’t Biden’s fault.

75% of the arguments on this site are with You … just a fact Jack !

You’ve made others feel like their opinion is stupid, and you are right all the time . Plus you have politicized many posts … including an all time doozy (where you blamed Trump for the Biden inflation & huge jump in gas prices) & the stock market crash-wasn’t Biden’s fault.

75% of the arguments on this site are with You … just a fact Jack !
How others feel, as long as I'm not attacking them personally, sticking to addressing arguments, is their business. Sorry if you fell that way, but I'm not responsible for that. I've done nothing to politicize COVID. In fact, you will find many posts where I decry the pollicization of COVID by both political parties. I'm not saying that I don't have political opinions and express them in some posts. I'm saying that I'm not politicizing COVID. From my perspective, it was a national health emergency (declared by both Trump and Biden) that should have been dealt with in a non-patrician fashion.

They tried to get me to take paxlovid due to them thinking I am high risk. They told me to expect rebound Covid. I thought taking it made no sense so I passed. Covid was gone in a couple days without it. Not sure why they give it to anyone that isn’t high risk.

They tried to get me to take paxlovid due to them thinking I am high risk. They told me to expect rebound Covid. I thought taking it made no sense so I passed. Covid was gone in a couple days without it. Not sure why they give it to anyone that isn’t high risk.

This is my experience with Paxlovid so far. I think it reduced both the severity and length of the initial infection. I'll never know how much it reduced the severity. Given the way things were going when I first took it, I'd say there was at least a moderate reduction. Whether the disease, absent the antivirals, would have hospitalized me, I'll never know. My guess is not.

On the down side, the resulting Rebound COVID considerably lengthened my isolation period.

If I get it again, I'm not sure if I will take Paxlovid again or not.

Thanks,

Jack

Yes, when I was young, I never got flu shots. I was at low risk. When I picked up some kind of reactive arthritis (most likely Lyme disease) things changed. Each time I got an infection and my immune system responded, it would attach my joints. So what was a minor inconvenience in the past became much more problematic. That is when I started getting them. Just another example of how our personal experiences affect our choices. My wife go shingles about 10 years ago. Once I watched her go through dealing with that, I quickly came to the conclusion that I wanted inoculation against shingles.
Anyone who has had shingles will never want that sh*t again

bill

But follow the science
I didn’t read all of these posts and pages.

I fear that ‘follow the science’ really means ‘follow the money’ in much of the spending that was done for Covid.

I am a retired health professional and never could believe what these ‘experts’ and politicians were saying. I have always relied on real science for my recommendations.

They should have known better.

I fear that ‘follow the science’ really means ‘follow the money’ in much of the spending that was done for Covid.

I am a retired health professional and never could believe what these ‘experts’ and politicians were saying. I have always relied on real science for my recommendations.

My “follow the science” was sarcasm, or tongue in cheek. It was the lefts way of say, do as you are told.

I think it is reasonable to question the science, and there is no doubt money plays a role. While there "science" paid for by industry, most is legitimate for what it is. There is bias in that some areas of exploration are curtailed as they would not benefit the funder. There is also research funded by NIH and other entities that has less bias in it.

I think for most, following the actual science is not possible. Most follow the headlines in the media, mainstream or otherwise. Those, and the dumbed down articles that go with them, are way more sensationalized and often intentionally exclude or downplay the caveats that go with it.

Thanks,

Jack

Science such as blaming severe Myocarditis on the common cold ! No way it’s from the vaccine 💉!!🙄D443C333-14EB-48C5-B7AF-8210EDAB0013.png

All I can say is check you sources.

You think it’s fake ?? Go online and look … it’s on multiple sites ?

She’s trying to tell everyone it’s from the common cold … let me guess ? You believe her ?EB929F18-0DA3-47AF-B95D-9A8F317FE1FA.png

Continued politicization of COVID on both sides only makes our divisions worse. Time to move on.

Continued politicization of COVID on both sides only makes our divisions worse. Time to move on.
Ignore it … that’s the best . Make sure we shut up about the effects of the vaccine. So more people die or get myocarditis.

Ignore it … that’s the best . Make sure we shut up about the effects of the vaccine. So more people die or get myocarditis.
Didn't suggest anyone ignore anything. I simply suggested folks check sources on posts and decide for themselves. Also suggested continued politicization of COVID is not helpful, except to the politicians.