Blind Zippers

PatinPA

5 year old buck +
Does anyone have a solution to the noisy zippers on blinds? There is nothing I hate more than sneaking in to a stand and then zzzzzzziiiiiiipppp to get in. The same when leaving. I want to sneak out silently and I can't because of that stupid zipper. Anyone have any solutions/alternatives to this?

Its not a miracle worker by any means but candle wax seems to help.

It's been a few years since I used them but I don't think my double-bull or my rhino blinds have zippers on the doors.

Any chance you could just tape magnets and have some kind of a flap that would close up when you leave or enter?

I bought one of those redneck ghillie blinds this year but didn't end up setting it up since it was supposed to go in my failed sorghum screen. Anyways - if I cant get the zippers quiet i'm going to rig up magnets or hook and loop closing alternatives.

I know I have some leftover zipper lubricant that comes with ultralight backpacking tents for their little zippers that i might try but I don't think that stuff is made for the burlier zippers that one would put on a blind.

Any chance you could just tape magnets and have some kind of a flap that would close up when you leave or enter.
I thought about that but one of the blinds has supports running down both sides of the zipper and it's pretty stiff. Would need some pretty strong magnets. The other blind zippers diagonally towards the center then back towards the outside. Not along supports but it's pretty taut. I thought about just leaving them open and hanging a black cloth over the opening to block light. Wouldn't do much for rain and I'd have to find a way to keep it down if it gets windy.

I would stay away from Velcro options. I had one once that closed with Velcro and it ends up badly. Ten times the noise of a zipper on a cold still morning

Long ago I had one the zipper went bad, I just left the door open, and put the opening towards the back of a tree.

Long ago I had one the zipper went bad, I just left the door open, and put the opening towards the back of a tree.
I thought about doing that too. the one that is vertical would work I think. The other one would completely hang open though

Oh ya I hate velcro for anything hunting.

I have left the door open and then placed bungees on the top and bottom and hung black towel over the door with the bungees holding it in place. Worked good. I hate zippers as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk