Best Place To To Trade/Sell Guns

ansayre

Yearling... With promise
I want to either trade for my Browning 300 WM + dies + brass for a Browning 270 Win or outright sell it. Where do you all recommend? I bought a Sendero off Armslist a few years ago. Is this the best way to go? It requires joining now.

I sold a few guns at Gun Broker a few years back. Not sure I got full value on those guns......never know on an auction. I have heard that local gun auctions can bring pretty good prices. I've not gone to any so I am just reporting what I heard. Selling guns is a tricky biz. Win a few.....lose the rest. Seems prices are good right now.....from what I see.

Any rifle I've sold has been on hunting/shooting forum classifieds. That said, it seems most require a minimum post count or financial contribution to the forum to use the classifieds these days.

Rokslide, hunttalk, snipershide, and longrangehunting are all forums i've sold or listed guns on.

I assume some of the auction sites take a cut like ebay does? I like that forums dont.

I sold a few guns at Gun Broker a few years back. Not sure I got full value on those guns......never know on an auction. I have heard that local gun auctions can bring pretty good prices. I've not gone to any so I am just reporting what I heard. Selling guns is a tricky biz. Win a few.....lose the rest. Seems prices are good right now.....from what I see.
Pretty sure you need to be an FFL dealer to sell on gunbroker now.

https://willsullivanauction.com/
Local guy. I've sold guns with him. He's done it for a while. Know his dad. Huge buyer's market but you're going to pay for that.

Dont use paypal or venmo for guns or ammo. Sold gun parts, guns, and reloafing stuff on gunbroker and used paypal. Thry locked my account and took $700 from my account. Do check or money order, or some gun friendly online money exchange.

Put it on here see where it goes.

eBay for parts works well. Local classifieds for me. State hunting forums

Local guns shows, Since I've been setup as a vendor selling knives I see so many people walk in with guns or equipment they are looking to get rid of. Most Vendors are always looking to add to their inventory. Walk in with a gun over your shoulder and they will ask if you looking to sell. Travel the room and you can get several offers.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you need to be an FFL dealer to sell on gunbroker now.
That's not correct.