A gun to fill in the gaps...

If by chance you decide that you want a .308, I have a nice Rem model seven SS that I'm going to let go.

You got cslubers well covered. Maybe get a levergun for your kid. Hes not gonna like that 45/70. Like anything guns there a bunch out there to pick from.

Maybe something to hand down someday.

I like my browning blr so much. Wish itnkick a bit less. Tossed around the idea getting a 308 or 3006 blr.

A New Marlin or Henry 30 30 since I doesn't look like you have any lever actions. Or a Henry Long Ranger in .308 or a bolt action .308

If by chance you decide that you want a .308, I have a nice Rem model seven SS that I'm going to let go.
gotta burn the gift card at the gun shop... Unless you're a fan of J&L Sports...

gotta burn the gift card at the gun shop... Unless you're a fan of J&L Sports...
Unfortunately, I'd need cash. Gotta pay for something I bought! 😄

Whats the kid into? Old westerns, military movies? Some like the old levers, some like the lazers on sharks tactidoodle thing.

Whats the kid into? Old westerns, military movies? Some like the old levers, some like the lazers on sharks tactidoodle thing.
We've got a couple levers. I was looking for something caliberwise in the middle of what I have. But I'll circle back later. a 270 Win is hard to beat.

Looking to add a gun to the stable. I have a gift card to the gun shop that's burning a hole in my pocket and would like to find a gun that fills a caliber void I've got.

So I have my varmint guns in 223 and a 243 Win, I have a 7 mag and a 300 WSM, but Would like something in between that 243 and the 7RM. I know people love the 6.5, and maybe I would, but it's so popular, that I kind of want something against the grain. I like classic rounds too.
Something for deer hunting where I'm allowed to use a rifle, pronghorn, perhaps a kid could tote it too.

I'm thinking 270 WIN or I've always had a weird irrational facination with 25-06. Both would fit that bill, but the 25-06 would be pretty cool. I can reload, so ammo isn't a big deal.

OR

I go spend the money and get on my way into a good Browning Maxus II. I don't have a good shotgun, not that I use them all that much, but still...

Oh the dilemma... The white people problems of it all...
Classic O/U?? Long action 284 Win?

This thread makes me keep thinking about the unfired Model 70 Supergrade 264 Win Mag I have in the safe. I think @roymunson needs one for his middle of the road gun. MIne is not for sale but there should be another one out there somewhere.

Classic O/U?? Long action 284 Win?
Reminds me of a Savage 24V I had. Wanted to hunt grouse while stalk hunting. However, Ny doesn't allow catridges with mutliple projectiles while deer hunting.

Blazer makes some nice guns. Or buy a safe of guns for the price of one of theirs......

This thread makes me keep thinking about the unfired Model 70 Supergrade 264 Win Mag I have in the safe. I think @roymunson needs one for his middle of the road gun. MIne is not for sale but there should be another one out there somewhere.

Tell us more! why is it unfired?

7 mag brass isn't too hard to find, im always necking it down to feed the 264. I could never own a 7 mm mag now with the 264 win, it would just be too confusing.🤪

Last edited:
Not rifle but I'll say pistol just because I bought two more of these as Xmass gifts...Beretta Tomcat. Also has a $150 rebate going on until Dec 31st...a very sweet CC pistol that you don't even feel while carrying, tucks away anywhere and it's the coolest gun from Reservoir Dogs.

Tell us more! why is it unfired?

I've only had it a couple of months. It's a gun my dad had stored back and gave to me. He is getting to the age that he will only be shooting small calibers like 22-250s and nothing bigger than a 243. I will probably get around to scoping and shooting the 264 someday, but I don't really need another rifle right now and not in any hurry.

He also gave me a custom built 30-06 Ackley Improved with a Nikon Monarch scope that hadn't been out of the safe for 20+ years. It has a Shilen barrel, an HS Precision stock and a Sako action. I've already shot this gun a few times and really like it. He only had 20 fireformed cases for it, but I have plenty of 30-06 brass and plan on fireforming some extra brass this winter. He had the gun built and used it one time - he went out west and killed a mule deer with it, and it has been in the safe ever since.

Benelli SBE M2 is what it ended up being. I'll get the 270 later.
Good choice. Both my parents have the M2. Great gun. Although I think you just meant M2. Only uses 3".

Good choice. Both my parents have the M2. Great gun. Although I think you just meant M2. Only uses 3".
It said M2 on the tag on the shelf. gun says Super Black Eagle 3.

Sound like you have a good selection for hunting, how about home defense or just plane cool. A pistol or Mossberg shockwave, I added one a while back as I have or had everything else.

It said M2 on the tag on the shelf. gun says Super Black Eagle 3.
M2 and SBE3 are different guns. How big of shells can it shoot? M2 can shoot 3”. SBE3 3.5”.

I've only had it a couple of months. It's a gun my dad had stored back and gave to me. He is getting to the age that he will only be shooting small calibers like 22-250s and nothing bigger than a 243. I will probably get around to scoping and shooting the 264 someday, but I don't really need another rifle right now and not in any hurry.

He also gave me a custom built 30-06 Ackley Improved with a Nikon Monarch scope that hadn't been out of the safe for 20+ years. It has a Shilen barrel, an HS Precision stock and a Sako action. I've already shot this gun a few times and really like it. He only had 20 fireformed cases for it, but I have plenty of 30-06 brass and plan on fireforming some extra brass this winter. He had the gun built and used it one time - he went out west and killed a mule deer with it, and it has been in the safe ever since.

Both sound like cool guns. I'm a sucker for sakos. How old is the Win? I didn't think they still made them 264 WM but it looks like they do. Will be a lazerbeam.