A gun to fill in the gaps...

It said M2 on the tag on the shelf. gun says Super Black Eagle 3.

I've got a SBE with 200,000 miles on it. It's been dropped in the mud and salt water, thrown in a boat with no care. It's rusted, chipped and looks like crap. But it just keeps cycling shells like it was new. Good gun.

Both sound like cool guns. I'm a sucker for sakos. How old is the Win? I didn't think they still made them 264 WM but it looks like they do. Will be a lazerbeam.
I’m not sure of the age. He bought it probably 10 years ago. I might try to look up the serial number someday.

Years ago I had a 264 in REM 700 and really liked it. It was still shooting good but was beginning to show a little throat erosion. I sold it to a guy who had the hots for it and he didn’t care that it had been shot a lot.

The 30-06 Ackley should be fun and a little change of pace for me. I don’t need it but when it comes to good rifles, I want them anyway.

Based on these 3...against the grain...love of classic rounds...and your ability to reload....I might suggest .257 Roberts. A venerable old round that has ballistics very similar to .25-06. Great for anything smaller than elk, and really mild recoil, so great for kids.

My grandfather probably took close to 70 elk throughout his hunting years with a 257 Roberts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro