Arkansas black issue

Skelly

5 year old buck +
Went out and checked the trees today. I have an Arkansas black with multiple limbs with leaves affected like these.

Any idea what I’m dealing with?54EEE5D1-E317-4603-B618-207903A6CEE0.jpeg

Has there been any spraying around it recently?

Has there been any spraying around it recently?
None at all. Just a ton of rain and abnormally hot weather.

Maybe powdery mildew

I seem to remember something like this on a few of my trees last year. I found some insect had woven a web inside the the curled leaves. Open up the tip and see if something has created a home of white "fluff". I think I just dusted with sevin, but the damage was not too bad. Just a thought... good luck.

I had a lot of trees looking like that in my nursery last year and decided it was powdery mildew. The few leaves on your new growth have that milky white color and are curling over. My older leaves got similar brown areas. I sprayed with sulfur a number of times but there are other products available.

I had a lot of trees looking like that in my nursery last year and decided it was powdery mildew. The few leaves on your new growth have that milky white color and are curling over. My older leaves got similar brown areas. I sprayed with sulfur a number of times but there are other products available.
I just looked at the photo again. I see what you mean.

I seem to remember something like this on a few of my trees last year. I found some insect had woven a web inside the the curled leaves. Open up the tip and see if something has created a home of white "fluff". I think I just dusted with sevin, but the damage was not too bad. Just a thought... good luck.

I have some Sevin I will take a look tomorrow

I have trees that look like that also. I think it may have been all the rain and lack of sunshine.

A. J.

I went over and looked for the white puff you mentioned, I didn’t see any.

I did noticed my first Japanese beetle though and 2 of these guys. Time to break out the Sevin. ATTACH=full]18795[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 2CD12A4C-8149-498D-AC5E-0EB48613D191.jpeg
    2CD12A4C-8149-498D-AC5E-0EB48613D191.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 23
I went today to check and seems like the issue is getting worse. Due to rain showers everyday I have not been able to spray.

I left a couple apples on it this year and this one has an issue. I tried googling but really did not find an answer.
Any thoughts?

05AC756C-3D21-4933-9FAF-8B46AB26CDA5.jpeg

Looks like cedar apple rust to me.

I think Turkey Creek nailed it. See attached example from NC State.
Cedar-Apple-Rust-aecia-on-fruit-NC-State.jpg