Any Furnace Guys?

Here is the Control Board I need. It is, The General 90, Model 50A50-112. Find me one guys and I will put it on myself.

And it has to be that one, so all the wires match up to the slots.

If it is locking out after every 2-3 cycles it should be a piece of cake to diagnose. It when it goes days between faults it gets difficult. Try someone with more experience. Sooner or later they have to catch it. There isn't that much technology in those old furnaces.

Eff that scotch bull shit...get into a good small batch bourbon. Which by the way I'm with MO...when I drink whiskey of any type I'm a blubbering idiot or a raging dickhead....but then again my Irish genes blessed me with ability to consume far more alcohol than I should and still be awake and walking around.
Seriously though there are some very good bourbons being made these days...much like the craft beer revolution there is a small batch bourbon scene out there that is outstanding!
I understand laddie ... good bourbon is what you do when you think Cutty Sark is scotch.
A good single malt never starts the evening, but allows good friends to debate philosophies of life in an gentleman like way ... Absent the presence of Mr. Richard head you speak of.

Last edited:
For the sake of convenience I drink what my FIL drinks. It has to be LTD whiskey. $14 for a1.75 L. At our wedding planning the guy was going over the open bar. My FIL asked if they had LTD. He said we don't serve that crap here. My FIL told him that was not an option. The guy was shocked he wanted to swap out a top shelf whiskey for LTD. I have acquired a taste for it but my friends say I am drinking gasoline. I was looking in his liquor cabinet and saw a bottle of crown royal and asked if I could drink it. He said go ahead someone gave it to him years ago and he wasn't going to drink it. I don't ask questions anymore, I just go with the flow.

Look up Johnstone Supply or Grainger. They sell over the counter.

You fellers drinking fancy stuff would get awfully thirsty in my neck of the woods ;)

JD...can do...single malt scotch?...lol

Stu ... Northern Wis story about 10 years ago ... my buddy actually shot a deer and it was a decent one ... I am talking Phelps, WI ... way up der hey ... we decided to get drunk ...

Our local drinking hole had a dusty bottle in the back shelve .. asked about it ... was a Glenllivet 18 year old that was dust covered ... still had a Wis Liquor stamp on it ... we drank that scotch on the rocks for $3.50 a double cause everybody hated it ... was probably a a 30 year old scotch and was smooth as an 18 year old catholic school girls rump ... back when that was legal ... :)

Phil - yep, I'm in the same boat - that's some funny, but true stuff right there!

when I drink whiskey of any type I'm a blubbering idiot or a raging dickhead

Sometimes I don't even need the whiskey!!!!

I hear ya Spud....

However, from a guy whose been to Phelps a few times....it ain't much different than where I live ;) In fact, the Chicago influence scattered throughout that area means there's quite a bit more "culture" there than here (using that term loosely obviously).

My wife and I were in Vilas County last fall and hitting the "supper club circuit"...stopped in a little place somewhere in the vicinity of St. Germain, ended up striking up a conversation with the folks sitting around the bar...maybe 8 seats total. Every doggone one of them was from the Chicagoland area. Good people...funny accents :D

I agree ... going up there can renew the soul ... great road trip area. Even though we saw limited deer, have some great memories. One ladder stand hunt had me sitting with 4" of snow all over me with 2 deg f temps and the chickadees eating the granola bar on my lap :)

If you like Super Clubs ... check out ... http://www.supperclubmovie.com/

My extended family and I choose a new road trip to a super club every 4-6 months ... the young nieces and nephews are actually learning what an Old Fashioned is and that it has to be brandy ... :eek:

Mo.......check with Dey Appliance warehouse in White Bear Lake.

lol...my wife, being from MN had never heard of, much less had an Old Fashioned. Fall of '13 was the first time she'd been to a northern WI supper club and I told her she had to try one. We were at Marty's Place North...they advertise themselves as the birthplace of the Old Fashioned :) They do make an awfully darn good version, I must say.

The Chicago folks we ran into last fall got to asking about what we drink and that ^^^ story came up. They started buying my wife Old Fashioneds as fast as she could finish them because they felt the place we were at (cannot remember the name) made them the best.

Worked out nicely for my wallet

How beat up and dark red was the muddler ... :)

I like mine a "press" ... 7 & seltzer ... sounds like you and the wife were smiling as the nite wore on ...

There is a Johnstone supply in Blaine just west of Hwy 65. They might have one. I believe they are open on Saturdays from 8-12.

I understand laddie ... good bourbon is what you do when you think Cutty Sark is scotch.
A good single malt never starts the evening, but allows good friends to debate philosophies of life in an gentleman like way ... Absent the presence of Mr. Richard head you speak of.

Scotch is what I drank once while stuck leading a back packing trip of the GF at the time and her Father...group of hikers at the campsite across the creek had a bottle....I lent them a water filter and they repaid me with scotch....and not much. A nice gesture non the less. Beer...good beer would have been waaaayyyyy better...but that far into the backcountry beer isn't an option.

Never had real bourbon huh? Bummer.

Phil - yep, I'm in the same boat - that's some funny, but true stuff right there!

Sometimes I don't even need the whiskey!!!!
I've been on a self Imposed whiskey ban (all liquor for that matter) for a few years now. I drink the hard stuff like I drink beer....fast and for extended periods. Things just don't go well when that happens.

There is a Johnstone supply in Blaine just west of Hwy 65. They might have one. I believe they are open on Saturdays from 8-12.

Sounds good!

MBC sorry to hear your having problems again. If you can't get anything local I've used https://www.reliableparts.com/catalog/furnace_replacement_parts in the past. Sometimes you can also find what you need on Amazon. Good luck.

I got the code to show up that the furnace guy could not. I need a controller and there ain't any to be had that match up the same so far. I will try your link and see if they have the exact one I need for a Comfortmaker Furnace.

Try these. Would look more but I just got called off of break night from hell all kinds of $hit breaking tonight.

http://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Replacement-Comfort-Maker-Furnace/dp/B00EFCG1GQ
http://www.hvacpartsoutlet.com/Comfort-Maker-Furnace-Control-Boards.aspx

Thanks but neither one are even close to what I need.

This is the only one that will work and I can not find one anywhere on all of the internet sites. The General 90, Model 50A50-112

Is this the one?
$_57.jpg