Any Furnace Guys?

Sucks getting old doesn't it.

Sucks getting old doesn't it.

As I have said before, if I had known I was going to live this long I MAYBE would have taken better care of myself!

Who said anything about coke. I like the good stuff over rocks.
JD and good stuff don't belong in the same conversation, although JD Fire is decent.

I was thinking the same thing, but to each his own when it comes to alcohol preference I guess. When I think of "good stuff", 12+ year old single malt scotch comes to mind not bourbon?

Try 3 fingers neat of Macallan 25 year single malt ... no worries mate ;)

:cool:I have had The Macallan 12 Sherry Oak(tasty;)), not the 18 or 25, so I can only imagine! I still favor my Glenlivet 18, but I am always willing to try new single malts.

I guess everyone taste bubs are just a little different. But were still pretty much on the same page.

Oh, I've drank my share of Jack and Wild Turkey over the years tooln(still do every now and again), I just prefer quality over quantity at my age.

MBC is the furnace still working keeping the Barracuda warm?

Tooln beat me to it... I work on furnaces and A/Cs. Mostly commercial and industrial nowadays.

Worked for almost a couple days, now it is doing the same thing again. I am heading back in a few hours to see what else it it may be.

It will run until it reaches temp, shut off and will not restart on the next cycle when called for.

Make sure the connection at the flame rod is good and tight and also clean.

It ain't the flame rod. Furnace guy just left here and has no idea what is causing it to work good 2-3 cycles in a row and then not stay light for the next cycle. It is a Comfortmaker furnace that won't blink a code to tell him what to fix. So he doesn't know what part to put on.:eek:

He thought he was going to charge me $200 for telling me he could not fix it. Or he would sell me a new furnace installed for $4K and forget about the service call. Of course me being me, I told him to stick both in his a$$ and get the f*ck out of my house!

It ain't the flame rod. Furnace guy just left here and has no idea what is causing it to work good 2-3 cycles in a row and then not stay light for the next cycle. It is a Comfortmaker furnace that won't blink a code to tell him what to fix. So he doesn't know what part to put on.:eek:

He thought he was going to charge me $200 for telling me he could not fix it. Or he would sell me a new furnace installed for $4K and forget about the service call. Of course me being me, I told him to stick both in his a$$ and get the f*ck out of my house!
Bahahaha damn John this guy sure don't sound like his trouble shooting skills are worth a shit? He ever hear of process of elimination till you fix the problem??? ToolN would have fixed her!

Last edited:
Long shot but check you vent pipe ... we have had problems with birds getting in the pipe and dying.

Had the same thing happen last year to my furnace. It ended up being the control box. The cost to replace was between 400 and 500 dollars. The furnace was 18 years old so I chose to replace the furnace.

Had the same thing happen last year to my furnace. It ended up being the control box. The cost to replace was between 400 and 500 dollars. The furnace was 18 years old so I chose to replace the furnace.

I would do the $500 for a control box if it was a lock that would be the fix.

Watch out MO, Tooln might be angling for some more "appreciation" from the Barracuda!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing, but to each his own when it comes to alcohol preference I guess. When I think of "good stuff", 12+ year old single malt scotch comes to mind not bourbon?
Eff that scotch bull shit...get into a good small batch bourbon. Which by the way I'm with MO...when I drink whiskey of any type I'm a blubbering idiot or a raging dickhead....but then again my Irish genes blessed me with ability to consume far more alcohol than I should and still be awake and walking around.
Seriously though there are some very good bourbons being made these days...much like the craft beer revolution there is a small batch bourbon scene out there that is outstanding!