Antler whisperer's. Are theses a match?

Bill

Administrator
I stink at keeping track of bucks unless they have some crazy feature. What's the chance these are from the same buck years apart. Basic structure is the same. Particularly the angle of the crab claw. Most recent shed has kickers but that not surprising on older deer.

I know pics are not the same as holding them. These antlers are 3 years separated.

image.png image.png image.png image.png

Forgot the brow. A bit of different shape?

image.png

I would say yes but......

I would say yes but......

That's where I am. But....

If it is it makes this deer 7 years old. That's just unlikely even for this area.

Looks pretty damn close to me! I would say so..... any other "circumstantial" evidence? Found relatively close to the same area? 7 years old isn't impossible......there is a possibility it's a passed genetic trait as well.....

Looks pretty damn close to me! I would say so..... any other "circumstantial" evidence? Found relatively close to the same area?

Found within 200 yards of each other 3 years apart.

if it's not the same deer - they have a common genetic trait somewhere.....

That's where I am. But....

If it is it makes this deer 7 years old. That's just unlikely even for this area.

I would have thought the same thing up until last season. A neighbor shot a deer that showed up out of the blue the year before. We guessed him to be a good three year old, making him what we thought to be a four year old at time of harvest. A tooth was sent in to a lab for aging. The results were shocking at 7 years old. We never would have thought a buck could get that old in our area either but......

Look at the pedicles. Can you get a pic of both pedicles from the same angle? They are a great way to see if it is the same buck. The shape will be very similar if they are from the same buck.