Amish people to be evicted because they refuse comply with public code

I could care less if the Amish has smoke detectors. I don't think the government should care how someone chooses to build their house, public building are a different matter.

Amish bend the rules and use their religion as an excuse. I can't speak for other areas but around me they are the dirtiest low down liars you can have. I'll stop before I get myself in trouble.

If you let the Amish do it are you then going to be willing to let the Muslims use their religion do circumvent basic laws as well. Think about it for just a minute.

i have my own religion based on deer and hunting deer...i should be able to hunt them on Sundays here in PA because that is my method of worship....i also should be able to hunt them from august until Feb...and kill as many as i can so i can please my deer hunting god.

Sounds legit to me....lol

After almost hitting a Amish horseback rider in the middle of the night in pitch black darkness the other night, my beleifs maybe scewed, but what they do in there own homes is fine, now on public roads is a different story

After almost hitting a Amish horseback rider in the middle of the night in pitch black darkness the other night, my beleifs maybe scewed, but what they do in there own homes is fine, now on public roads is a different story

My only qualm with that is if they don't use any sanitation for their waste water. There draws the line of affecting other people with not properly taking care of their sewage.
I could give two rips if they want to live with smoke detectors or not.

i have my own religion based on deer and hunting deer...i should be able to hunt them on Sundays here in PA because that is my method of worship....i also should be able to hunt them from august until Feb...and kill as many as i can so i can please my deer hunting god.

What are you talking about Aug - Feb. The Amish here hunt (poach) them year round.

The biggest reason we have codes and regulations is to try and avoid loss of life and property. You might think its fine to skimp out and take the cheap route when installing a sub standard electrical system. But when your house goes up in smoke think of the neighbors property next to you and the volunteer fireman that has to drag his butt out of bed to risk his life to try and save you. It's not always just affects one person.

Does anyone think the ins. companies don't have a say in the home safety picture ?? Ins. cos. have their hands in everything, including codes. Liability issues for townships, municipalities, cities.

Religion is used for many other exceptions in Merka. Kid vaccines? Not treating kids who are sick as its gods will, ect

Every single religion we've got here does it. It's pretty sickening.

Deer hunters are 15 feet closer to God when in their stand.

What are you talking about Aug - Feb. The Amish here hunt (poach) them year round.
Thats the amish....not my Deer hunting religion...where antlers are exalted.

One bonus, there might be a few farms coming up for sale in Eau Claire Co.

I can see that, but with a little retrofitting, I would think they could easily be made back into a serviceable hunting cabin.

I guess I wasn't aware that they "gutted" them that badly? The couple Amish houses I have been inside of didn't look like they did all that much to them, all the light fixtures, outlets, and switches were still there. I assume they just disconnected everything at the main breaker box and remove all the bulbs from the light fixtures. I guess I can't say what the plumbing looked like, as I was only in the living room and kitchen areas. The kitchen sink looked intact other than the faucet was removed? I have heard of some of them pulling all the copper wiring from the house and selling it for scrap though, having to re-fish all that wiring would suck!

Deer hunters are 15 feet closer to God when in their stand.

Better to sit in your deer stand and think about god than sit in church and think about hunting.

Also, insert boat and fishing.

FYI - when you are 14 years old and tell your mom that it doesn't get you out of going to church.

We are having fun in Canada now again too.The Muslim women want to keep their face covered for their citizenship documents. Our forefathers came to north america with what ever it took to be here.Now we are suppose to give,give ,give to let some of these people in.Problem is all we hear about are these,not the ones who are a happy to be here like our ancentors

Those would have been English houses the Amish bought....when the Amish build a house for another Amish...there is no wiring, no plumbing, etc.
Yes, they were English farms that were purchased and then "Amish-ized". I could see that being an issue and not very cost effective to renovate!

A political guy from Richland Center WI tried to get a law passed that amish had to register there buggies since they tear up the road. It got thrown out immediately. My hunting area has plenty of amish and I'm not a fan of them. They don't understand what a property line is, they have gone so far as to open some of our trail cameras hoping they could see pictures on it. Then after we tell them don't ever touch our stuff again they have the nerve to ask if we have any big bucks on camera.