Am I crazy to let this one walk?????

Well, passing him doesn't seem so dumb now! I tend to struggle to have any sort of long term history with bucks on my place. They just don't call my place home.....they only visit. I hope you get a crack at him this year.....bet you won't pass this time!!! IF you do.....we will put together a go-find-me page for you so you can have your head examined!

You should buy the 166 acres behind me! Logger that owns it called me last week an told me "150k bottom dollar"

That is offensive...

Not unheard of for people to pay $6-7000/ acre around here for recreational land with no improvements and no real cash timber on it... unreal

I always tell myself and my hunters if you are not 100% sure to pass on taking a buck. It is great that he is hanging around your property as part of his core area. I have passed on nice bucks only to have my neighbors harvest them. With free ranging deer, that is the just part of the equation that one must accept. I do everything possible to keep nice bucks living on or near my land. When the rut hits, all bets are off and the bucks can disperse to parts unknown.

Good luck with him Jordan. That is a "mature" deer.

Good luck with him!
He's sure is nice.

Wow thats awesome! Hes a beauty and a trophy any way you dice it! ....... does make you wonder what another year would do to those drop tines though.... :)

Good luck with him!

Along with the other guys - good luck with him. He's a dandy old boy and a trophy anywhere.

Wow, he is big

Holy moly. I'd be chomping at the bit for a crack at that old guy. Is night hunting allowed there? Full moon is coming up in a couple days.

I think as I get older I look at planning and designing habitat and food plots to move deer where I want.I also like to find the most mature deer I can and target them if possible.Here is a buck that we only saw 1 time last year and 1 daylight pic.You can tell same deer by left ear.First pic is last year and second is this year.My daughter harvested him last saturday evening with a ML during a 20 degree temp drop.The last temp drop 2 weeks ago I got him 4 days in a row in daylight in the alfalfa.notch-4.jpgnotch-4.jpgnotch21.jpg

Nice!!!! Congrats to your daughter on the great harvest.

Any post-harvest pics of the buck, Buckdeer1? BRUTE of a buck and those brow tines in 2018 are crazy!

Congrats to both of you. It's weird how those brow tines turned out this year. I thought the wavy Bt's from last year would be a distinguishing trait in that buck. he really put on some inches too.

Great deer for your youngin Buck! Congrats!