Am I crazy to let this one walk?????

Jordan, you have so many great bucks using your property, I think letting that one walk was a good decision. If he is three years old, he could add a heck of a lot of mass in just one more year. You may never see him again, but then again, you may see him down the road and be blown away!!!! Also, its early in the season, and I think you are going to really see lots more big deer soon.

Jordan, you have so many great bucks using your property, I think letting that one walk was a good decision. If he is three years old, he could add a heck of a lot of mass in just one more year. You may never see him again, but then again, you may see him down the road and be blown away!!!! Also, its early in the season, and I think you are going to really see lots more big deer soon.
Thanks for the words of encouragement Native!

This OL boy I passed last bow season lives an looks good at 4 yrs old! He is my primary early archery target as he is very visible with lots of daylight pics

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Very good Buck Jordan!

That's a dandy!!

Best of luck with him.

Very nice! Hope you get him!

I bet you feel better now about passing him last fall. Will you take him this year if he offers a shot? Is his right G2 bladed?

Honestly toward the end of last season I regreted not taking a shot at him!!
He is my primary early season target this yr. His travel route makes him very killable. Hope he does what he did last yr opening day! Yep nice bladed G2 and added a lil point on his left side which was just a bump last yr

You got more deer like that down there, you may find your buddy here taking a trip south, instead of you making the trip north. Just sayin...;)

That is a good buck in any part of the country!

You made the right call letting him walk. Looks to be 3.5 yr old. Next year he could put on some mass and length. One of the best things is watching a buck grow year to year. I once had a buck I named socks. He had 4 white socks almost up to knees so he was easy to identify. 1st saw him as a yearling and watched him grow each year into something really special. By 3.5 he had blown up and I was ready to give him another year to see what he would grow into. The neighbor shot him that year as a 3.5 yr old and he scored 154. I'll see if I can find my old pics of him.

You got more deer like that down there, you may find your buddy here taking a trip south, instead of you making the trip north. Just sayin...;)

That is a good buck in any part of the country!

Any time John!!! I worry you would get bored though as I don't have near the numbers you do. Especially once the acorns start falling! But seriously I got a key to the gate waiting for you anytime

You should buy the 166 acres behind me! Logger that owns it called me last week an told me "150k bottom dollar"

Any time John!!! I worry you would get bored though as I don't have near the numbers you do. Especially once the acorns start falling! But seriously I got a key to the gate waiting for you anytime

You should buy the 166 acres behind me! Logger that owns it called me last week an told me "150k bottom dollar"

You have know Idea how that could happen. The wife wants to look at homes in the Lee Summit area now, down by KC. That's if our deal gets signed here. I could have a north and south Missouri farm. I kind of like that idea the more I think about it!;)

Good Luck Jordan!!

166 acres for 150K,thats a good buy.Good looking buck

Update on this buck! He is ancient old bugger now an still haunting me.. Cool to watch these old bucks grow. Hope we get him killed this yr!
MFDC0843.JPG

Last edited:
Just found an old thread where I shared this buck in 2013 as a 3 yr old!!!! That puts him at 9 this yr right:emoji_scream:

Kill him before he dies of old age!!!!