$70.00 cam

Very happy with this 40- 50 dollar trail camera. Video mode is great! Gonna need to buy more.

Geez that's great! He walked right past your little lodge right?

Yeah
Geez that's great! He walked right past your little lodge right?
Yea he did my entrance is a great pinch point, which I guess is good and bad. I'm probably going to put a cheap elevated fabric blind next to it.I didn't know about this deer till I checked my non cellular cameras after I was done hunting. My batteries died late September on my cellular camera. I'm also debating about building a fence around part of my cabin so I can hide my truck.

Yeah

Yea he did my entrance is a great pinch point, which I guess is good and bad. I'm probably going to put a cheap elevated fabric blind next to it.I didn't know about this deer till I checked my non cellular cameras after I was done hunting. My batteries died late September on my cellular camera. I'm also debating about building a fence around part of my cabin so I can hide my truck.
Miscanthus grass would work

Dangit guys… y’all have given me another thing to buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are on sale now also

Can you use alkaline batteries in these GardePro cameras, and what type batteries do you use in them? Also I see the E5 24 MP and the A3 20 MP both at $39.99. Which is best for taking pictures (I never use video).

Not a great answer to your question, but some info on battery life in these cams. I just got 638 thirty second night videos on a fresh set of Energizer Lithiums ( by mistake).

I put out a Gardepro E5 recently with brand new Energizer Lithiums . I had the side PIR sensors on, with a zero wait between videos. That was a mistake. I’ll soon be turning the side PIRS off, and changing wait time between vids to at least 10 seconds. This should help eliminate the repeated videos of deer camping in front of the camera on food sources.

Based on this experience, a set of Energizer Lithiums would last several months on photo mode.

I’m switching to external power supplies using cables from Herd 360.com. Hopefully dead batteries will be a thing of the past.

Based on my experience, these cameras are very good in all aspects.

Can you use alkaline batteries in these GardePro cameras, and what type batteries do you use in them? Also I see the E5 24 MP and the A3 20 MP both at $39.99. Which is best for taking pictures (I never use video).

I only have the e5 model. I had little regard for the well being of mine since they were $35 and have only put rayovac alkalines in them. So far so good. I have them set on pic/vid mode so they take a pic and a video each time triggered on lower (still good) resolution. I think I’m over 1000 triggers on a set of rayovacs now.

on non-cell cams that can go a long time on a set of batteries, my only concern with alkalines is poor cam performance (not enough voltage) and exploding batteries in cold weather. I’ve only had batteries leak in cams a couple times over 6 or so northern MN winters thus far.

Has anyone tried their cell cams?

I’m not real satisfied with my reveals any longer.

For you guys who have used both these and Browning with infrared flash, If they were the same price, which would you buy?

For you guys who have used both these and Browning with infrared flash, If they were the same price, which would you buy?
That's a good question. The only Browning I'd consider would be the spec Ops. I was going to say I'd lean that way if they were the same price, and then I recalled I've had a few of them have failures inside a year. So far, no gardepro failures although only my oldest few are now just hitting their 1st bday. But as it stands now gardepros can be found occasionally for $40 and spec Ops are usually $180+

I won't buy Dark Ops or patriots anymore.

And I'm talking all black out flashes. Won't buy any cam w/o black.

I've been runnig Browning cameras for about 6 years, always black out flash. Don't think I'll go back since I bought the first gardepro e5 a month ago. The gardepro has a wider view lens and if you're using the threaded mount on the bottom of the camera you can change the batteries without taking he cameera off the mount. The browning has that clumsy battery tray that slides ot the bottom. When I change the cards on the gardepro I don't have to wait for the camera to stop recording to shut it off, browning says to wait or you could corrupt the card. The gardepro lets me select how long the nighttime videos are and the brownings were always a crap shoot, might be 3 seconds might be 30 seconds. And every browning I have orienttates the card in a different place/ position. Don't ever see browning dropping their price to 39.99 either, I can buy 3 gardepro cameras for the price of one browning.

I’ve got a bunch of the cheapest version of dark ops cams but the night pictures in the e5 garde pros are in a completely different class than my dark ops cams. They stop motion way better and are just better in every way. Like said earlier, I’m replacing my brownings with these.

Reliability is still tbd. My brownings have kept running without fail for a while.

Edit: Misread your question @Native Hunter in regards to infrared flash. We have some strikeforce IR cams at the cabin and they are better at night than the dark ops but I still think the garde pro no glow has better night pictures.

I have no experience with brownings cameras, but I think it's worth mentioning that I have seen deer, coyotes, and bobcats walk past these cameras and turn around and look directly up at them. Meaning at some point they are detectable for whatever reason. I run exclusively in video and audio mode. I suspect it is because of the audio and the critters can pick up some kind of high pitch frequency of the microphone. I don't remember a deer or any other animal ever picking up the cameras whenever they were in just picture mode when first trying them out. Regardless, every camera that I run is at least 6 ft high to reduce their detection. I absolutely think it helps to run them up higher if you are going to use audio and video.

Following this thread, I ended up buying a GardeProX50. They were on sale and at this point, I mostly run Spy Point, so thought a different camera may yield diff results. So I went through the set-up, formatted the SD card in the camera, new batteries etc. All I keep getting for pictures are the same pictures I took when testing the camera. Or, I get an alert saying the camera took a picture and I open the app to find no pictures. Anyone else running these cameras and have issues? Or are they working as advertised? Anyone have advice on the user error end of it that I may be missing? Thanks!

Following this thread, I ended up buying a GardeProX50. They were on sale and at this point, I mostly run Spy Point, so thought a different camera may yield diff results. So I went through the set-up, formatted the SD card in the camera, new batteries etc. All I keep getting for pictures are the same pictures I took when testing the camera. Or, I get an alert saying the camera took a picture and I open the app to find no pictures. Anyone else running these cameras and have issues? Or are they working as advertised? Anyone have advice on the user error end of it that I may be missing? Thanks!
Certainly not working correctly. Sounds like a software/app issue to me.

I've never owned really nice cameras. Probably a browning Dark Ops was my best ever and these Gardepro's are easily the best quality pictures of any camera I've ever had. Like others on here I'm waiting to see the durability but one nice thing I've found is the 3 year protection plan from Amazon is 5 or 6 bucks. Well worth it in case they end up dying in a year or two. I just returned a Wosports camera. Another cheap camera that I've had success with in the past.

I have their white flash model. The creek videos with GardePro such as the one below are from that, off the card. My only complaint is it's a battery hog, but I do 30 sec videos, Will need to get some big battery with solar panel set-up I guess. The Herd360 panel/batteries combo didn't last long.
I used the specific speed SD card they recommend, I don't know if that could be your issue.

The videos I receive via cell are like this(unless I request 10sec HD clips):