$70.00 cam

$40 for these or $65 for the linkmicro LM2 that is cellular? Hard for me to get away from cell cams now that I've used them for several years.......Or I get a spypoint cell-link and hook it together for another $27 on the ones I want cell......

I personally had horrible experiences with the cel link had 3 non survived 2 years. I have 20 of the link micro and not an issue, some I believe are going on year 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gardepro owes me lol

I don't have a camera on me, but next weekend I will try out a few different photo and video modes. I know in theory you can just run it at 4 mp for photos and not lose any resolution. I'm not quite sure if that still holds up for the video, which is all I basically run.
I have 2 now, thanks to the reviews on this site. Couldn't be happier so far either. I have mine on the medium settings for picture and video and they've all been clear and crisp.

Amazon prices on the A3 and E5 are running higher than the occasional kmart blue light special they offer. Hope they drop to $40 again sometime, but maybe they have a big enough base now they won't have to again.

Amazon prices on the A3 and E5 are running higher than the occasional kmart blue light special they offer. Hope they drop to $40 again sometime, but maybe they have a big enough base now they won't have to again.
If you have an Amazon account you can set up price alerts to send you an email when they lower prices again. I believe there are third party options as well. Camel camel camel might be able to do that feature.a

One of my complaints with these cameras and really any cameras that have a microphone, is that it might end up going bad or be functionally useless. It is like they get too sensitive and everything sounds like a really windy day. I suspect it is because of moisture getting into the microphone holes.

Does anyone have a preventative tip to keep moisture out? I think I've heard of some people using hot glue over the microphone hole.

One of my complaints with these cameras and really any cameras that have a microphone, is that it might end up going bad or be functionally useless. It is like they get too sensitive and everything sounds like a really windy day. I suspect it is because of moisture getting into the microphone holes.

Does anyone have a preventative tip to keep moisture out? I think I've heard of some people using hot glue over the microphone hole.

Put a little square of electricians tape over the mic, and put a few packets of silica gel in the camera.

I bought two based on the recommendations here, and the price. After the first card pull, I’m pretty impressed, especially with the night time vids. Glad I didn’t know about the Prime Day deals, I would have had to purchase a couple more. !

I put one of these in place of a browning dark ops and just did the first card pull. Pics/vids are way better than the dark ops, especially at night. The browning has some years on it so that may be a factor but I'm becoming quite unsatisfied with my Dark Ops cams in general. Night pics are terrible.

Wish I woulda bought half a dozen @ $35 and just retired my dark ops cams. Looks like the E5s are $90 now.

On another note, they have some wifi/bluetooth capable and cell cam models that look intriguing as well. One with rechargeable 8000mAh battery pack that pairs with a $40 solar panel that could be really nice to avoid battery purchase. Even standard cams but with bluetooth/wifi so you could pull pics wirelessly from 40' on an ATV rather than stinking up the camera by handling to pull SD cards would be nice. Will need to do more research - the cell cam listings on amazon dont even mention what carriers they use or if you need to buy a SIM card or what the deal is.

Edit: Went to the gardepro website. At least some of the cell cams have built in SIM that use ATT or Tmobile (whichever has best service) and data plans seem reasonable. Got a good chuckle out of this on their website - what a "wonderful moment" haha!
gardepro.png

Last edited:
I had a Gardepro in Iowa, and was impressed with the pics for a $45 camera !90355CBA-3253-4C9B-95EB-139CDF011949.jpeg2909C290-CE8B-4E34-B880-1A57EF27FA97.jpeg06169FCC-B047-4C44-8B20-C8E4983DB7D0.jpeg

I like them a lot, but if they keep jacking the price up I'll stop buying them. If they could make them that cheap then someone else will.

If they get down to $50 or less with black friday deals I'll be buying a couple more.

I too am switching from Browning to Gardepro.
Also building external batteries with cables from Herd360.com.

They go on sale for 39.99 on Amazon every few weeks. I bought a few of the E5s a few weeks ago. I use Amazon price alerts but they are on sale enough you can just check periodically.

They go on sale for 39.99 on Amazon every few weeks. I bought a few of the E5s a few weeks ago. I use Amazon price alerts but they are on sale enough you can just check periodically.

Right you were. $39.99 again now. Bought more to replace brownings.

After my limited comparison, I find the A3S has much better sensitivity than the A5. Also night vision with the A3S is much better.
Either way, both perform very well. They are on sale on Amazon. Happy Holidays all !

Can you use alkaline batteries in these GardePro cameras, and what type batteries do you use in them? Also I see the E5 24 MP and the A3 20 MP both at $39.99. Which is best for taking pictures (I never use video).

Last edited:
Can you use alkaline batteries in these GardePro cameras, and what type batteries do you use in them? Also I see the E5 24 MP and the A3 20 MP both at $39.99. Which is best for taking pictures (I never use video).

I have alkalines in mine. Haven't had any go dead yet so I can't tell you how long the batteries last yet. Not that it matters much but I've really been impressed with the sound they pick up. I've had audible bucks grunting and turkeys purring. Comes in very clear and crisp.

I run the rayovac high energy. I am sure lithiums would work a little better in colder temps, but for my money, the rayovacs are the best value.