All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

606NT Land Pride vs Great Plains

Rakman

A good 3 year old buck
Not sure if this has been kicked around on here or not but asides paint color what are the differences between the two? Why would you purchase one over the other?

I thought they were one and the same. Kubota bought out Great Plains a few years ago. Everything they sell for their tractors in Kubota orange is Land pride including the drills.

I thought they were one and the same. Kubota bought out Great Plains a few years ago. Everything they sell for their tractors in Kubota orange is Land pride including the drills.
Rit nailed it. GP is the OEM for the Land Pride drills. Unless I’ve missed something in my research they are the same drill.

What is the cost of a new one?
thanks,
bill

What is the cost of a new one?
thanks,
bill
A lot. I was quoted over 24k for a new 606NT pull type. They bring 15-18k used in decent condition in my area.

A lot. I was quoted over 24k for a new 606NT pull type. They bring 15-18k used in decent condition in my area.
That must have been 24K Canadian.

That must have been 24K Canadian.
Have you priced out a new 606NT with all 3 seed boxes lately? They are proud of them.

Have you priced out a new 606NT with all 3 seed boxes lately? They are proud of them.
No but I did just find out my county soil district rents out a drill for $10/acre with a $20 delivery charge. Looks to be a Great Plains 10’ pull type. Getting it might be another story but I can get on board with that price even if I have to plant in June and September.

No but I did just find out my county soil district rents out a drill for $10/acre with a $20 delivery charge. Looks to be a Great Plains 10’ pull type. Getting it might be another story but I can get on board with that price even if I have to plant in June and September.
Our NRCS has the same drill for rent. Getting on the schedule and having them verify the 85hp tractor that it’s going to be pulled with is a different story. Much cheaper than buying no doubt.

One is green, one is orange.