Help me compare a Land Pride LP500 drill with a Genesis 5 Light drill

Local dealer told me that he saw no reason to buy the heavy version and that the front counters were not needed. Also said the small seedbex was not needed if you buy mixes......and that large seeds push the smaller seeds up when they germinate. Maybe. Dunno. I did read of several folks complaining about damage to the double disks in rocky soils. Maybe too much weight for the thickness/temper of those opener blades?

No experience.....just concerns. They have sold allot of drills.....seems like a good product.

Very creative salesman. Got to give him an A for effort, and a C- for facts.

Local dealer told me that he saw no reason to buy the heavy version and that the front counters were not needed. Also said the small seedbex was not needed if you buy mixes......and that large seeds push the smaller seeds up when they germinate. Maybe. Dunno. I did read of several folks complaining about damage to the double disks in rocky soils. Maybe too much weight for the thickness/temper of those opener blades?

No experience.....just concerns. They have sold allot of drills.....seems like a good product.
The RTP outdoors demo last weekend used a Heavy but with the front coulters removed. The president of the company said they are not needed in many soils AND said the small seed box is only for those who want to plant a different depths. So it may be the local dealer is simply following the company line. Whatever, the Genesis seemed to be a well built drill and on the test run (without coulters) dropped the seeds at the right rate and depth on flat ground.