350 Legend

Shooting the 450 marlin more than 3 or 4 times at the range, you wish it was a 40 caliber.......

Savage Axis rifles can come without accutriggers? Think I spent over $100 for the timney. Just want 4lbs with some depth. Better the aim, the more the squeeze.

They certainly used to. I wouldn't buy one with an accutrigger. That 223 only cost me $180, so paying another 100 on a trigger would rub me the wrong way for sure.

We couldn't get the Bear Creek copper rounds to group well in our cheap Savage XP. That was disappointing. The Win SuperX 180 grain performed way better. Within a year or two we plan to buy a 400 Legend. Might be the sweet spot between the 350 and 450. Probably will look at Ruger or another CVA Cascade.
I have the Winchester .350 & use Bear Creek loads. It’s a great combo !

Went out this weekend with the AR in 350. I'd ordered some Bear Creek 140 grain copper bullets based on some online research. My 9 year old put one on the shoulder of a doe that had her legs folded under her before she could hit the ground. Little twitching, but i was extremely pleased with the performance.

about 15 minutes later, after we'd switched seats, another doe came in and got skiddish when she saw the dead doe. But that was her last thoughts as we drilled her and she snow plowed her way about 10 yards and died. I had 2 dead deer within 20 yards of each other.

The Bear Creek bullets gave me a lot of confidence.

Shot well enough out of my 18" barrel, but we also shot them accurately out of my CVA Cascade 350 Legend. That didn't get any action on a deer this weekend, but I'm back on teh 350 bandwagon.

Went out this weekend with the AR in 350. I'd ordered some Bear Creek 140 grain copper bullets based on some online research. My 9 year old put one on the shoulder of a doe that had her legs folded under her before she could hit the ground. Little twitching, but i was extremely pleased with the performance.

about 15 minutes later, after we'd switched seats, another doe came in and got skiddish when she saw the dead doe. But that was her last thoughts as we drilled her and she snow plowed her way about 10 yards and died. I had 2 dead deer within 20 yards of each other.

The Bear Creek bullets gave me a lot of confidence.

Shot well enough out of my 18" barrel, but we also shot them accurately out of my CVA Cascade 350 Legend. That didn't get any action on a deer this weekend, but I'm back on teh 350 bandwagon.
Awesome report! We’ve gone copper as well after less than ideal showings with some of the cup & core. I shoot the Maker TRex 150 and my wife uses the Barnes 170 TSX. Very impressed with both!

We couldn't get the Bear Creek copper rounds to group well in our cheap Savage XP. That was disappointing. The Win SuperX 180 grain performed way better. Within a year or two we plan to buy a 400 Legend. Might be the sweet spot between the 350 and 450. Probably will look at Ruger or another CVA Cascade.
I will be picking one up soon myself.

They certainly used to. I wouldn't buy one with an accutrigger. That 223 only cost me $180, so paying another 100 on a trigger would rub me the wrong way for sure.
Is there a reason you do not like the acutrigger? I am going to pick up a 400 legend in the 110 trail hunter. Currently the only gun manufacturer I have found making rifles chambered in the 400 legend is savage. (i'm not interested in a single shot for that gun)

Is there a reason you do not like the acutrigger? I am going to pick up a 400 legend in the 110 trail hunter. Currently the only gun manufacturer I have found making rifles chambered in the 400 legend is savage. (i'm not interested in a single shot for that gun)

I don't like two stage triggers. I learned to shoot on single stage triggers, so I struggle to use two stage triggers properly. I can see why some people like it, but personally I don't. I shoot best with a light, crisp single stage trigger, and I would hate to have an extra gizmo on a rifle that might affect my hunting.

Accutrigger is a love or hate situation no real middle ground personally I love them but as telemark has stated they are a two stage trigger, I love the predicability of a two stage.

I am going to pick up a 400 legend in the 110 trail hunter

Did you ever get your rifle? I saw a review of the Trail Hunter in 6.5 creed, and man it's tempting. That's a lot of gun for the price.

Did you ever get your rifle? I saw a review of the Trail Hunter in 6.5 creed, and man it's tempting. That's a lot of gun for the price.

I have not yet but will be sometime this spring/summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk