1st rd done of grafting complete.

BV where are the buds? Lol. Here is my update with 11 of 18 breaking after 1 month I got a lot of scions with multiple shoots . So far so good
BV. Looks like some of those grafts are ready to break

11/18 with lots of time to spare for a few more to pop, thats some darn good percentages their Paul! The first batch I did was on 3/15 so they've been in the bucket for a week now, I don't expect anything until around 4/1 or so but hey a guy can still stare at them everyday right? :)

What was your list of grafts this year?

What was your list of grafts this year?
I will compile when I see what is breaking. I am not as organized as you with the spreadsheet even though I should be

I will compile when I see what is breaking. I am not as organized as you with the spreadsheet even though I should be

What the heck, how long have you been at this, how can you be worse than me? HAHA!

What the heck, how long have you been at this, how can you be worse than me? HAHA!
Much worse I even have some planted that I don't know what the heck they are as the tag faded or fell off before I put the perma tags on. I have another 3 of the original 18 that look like they are pushing out:D

HAHAHA, omg man!14 of 18 now thats incredible. To graft, and then forget what you grafted, thats pretty ironic ah. :)

An Update....

A few Ranetka grafts are showing a green hugh. G30's aren't popping yet, I have 1 pear graft that looks to be greening.

I have lots of B118 grafts greening but a few have popped!

Crimson Gold (GRIN)

Crimson_Gold.JPG

Centurion Crab (Greyphase)
Centurion Crab.JPG

Novaspy (GRIN)
Novaspy.JPG

Chestnut Crab (Buckvelvet)

Chesnut Crab.JPG

I'll check them again on Sunday, Yeehaw!

BV. Take them out of the basement now and put them in a warmer lighter place and they will really take off as those rootstocks wake up from the warmth

I dont have anywhere to put them yet, to cold outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys have been very busy. I am glad to see all the success, gives me hope that i may be able to get a few of mine to go when they get here.

For those of you that have run out of planting space dont forget you can always start top working varieties onto existing trees!!:D

Aero & BV - wife ...... key word in many instances !!;)

TC - No top-working for us at camp. They're for the deer ......... mainly. We're just gonna prune, train, fertilize, spray for bugs - and watch 'em grow !! We'll eat some too, but with 60 new trees, we'll have enough !! :)

For those of you that have run out of planting space dont forget you can always start top working varieties onto existing trees!!:D

I'm gonna make a specific post about the trees you sent me soon, to say i'm impressed is a major understatement.

image.jpg image.jpg Grafted 50 on antonovka last weekend. Help from my two sons for the first bunch and my father and nephew for the second bunch. I love that the three generations worked on them together.

image.jpg image.jpg I live about an hour and 45 minutes from Cummins so I picked up my 22 trees in person on Friday. Thought you all might like to see a picture of the storage room. Pretty impressive. Also got to meet the nice folks that have been so helpful and responsive answering my emails. The second picture is part of my converted food plot and destination of 10 of the Cummins trees and some of my 2015 grafts.

NY-T I almost fell out my chair when i saw that middle pic! LOL I thought you did all that for a second, I was gonna say you win hands down, HAHA! What all did you buy from cummins?

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Cummins Nursery that is impressive! Did you see my order there :) ?