All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QDMA forum is being retired

Imo that's a mistake. The mag wasn't worth 2% vs. the interactive forum.

It's only worth less than 2% if you actually receive the magazine with your membership. Over all these years, I received 2 issues. I thought about contacting them, but was incredibly underwhelmed with the 2 I did get and didn't feel it was worth the phone call. I know a lot of people have said they had similar results to mine or never received a single copy.

Imo that's a mistake. The mag wasn't worth 2% vs. the interactive forum.

The mag is a joke, takes me about 5min to go through it. 10mins if I look at all the ads.

I do not like the QDMA for lots of reasons, its a good ol boys club & doesn't seem to be habitat and deer (other than giant bucks) related. I posted habitat-talk.com over there for everyone to see, its a real shame they would cancel a source thats been there for so long. A place that great folks like Paul helped build.

I have been here for awhile...Went by Kubota over on QDMA. Think I even have the beginning of a land thread here somewhere...

Kubota, great to have you, sure looking forward to having you here!

Welcome aboard Brad ! Remember to share your thoughts, questions, etcc.

I had an account already from right when Habitat Talk started......looks like I will be using it more now that ever!

Welcome sir, look forward to having you.

I had an account already from right when Habitat Talk started......looks like I will be using it more now that ever!
Welcome aboard, I've really enjoyed following your thread on the qdma forum.

Hopefully the migration continues - there was way too much knowledge and all around great folks to let the actions of the QDMA quell the spirit of the board.

It's only worth less than 2% if you actually receive the magazine with your membership. Over all these years, I received 2 issues. I thought about contacting them, but was incredibly underwhelmed with the 2 I did get and didn't feel it was worth the phone call. I know a lot of people have said they had similar results to mine or never received a single copy.

I can send you one of my extras. I bought hunting insurance through them. That was supposed to get me a free magazine and one for the man I lease some land from. Now I get 3 sent to house every issue. I called twice to fix it and gave up.

Checking back in. Fortunately Google Chrome auto-filled my ID and password!

I guess I'm not helping things over there by posting about activity levels since the last dust up here. Wasn't trying to be a jerk and I do hope this place picks up again. If it does, I'd strongly suggest that John get one of you guys (heck, anyone that posted in this thread would be a good choice) to volunteer to mod. I really don't believe one can run a large forum without a mod regularly reading all the threads...Just one idiot's opinion.

Moderators have to apply the hot stove rule to all users or it becomes a mess so Bill watching over things on a regular basis here will be a positive.

Hello everyone. Great to see more activity. I don't post a lot, but check in here often. We are doing anything we can do build our deer herd back up in northern WI. Taking instructions and teachings from everyone.