QDMA forum is being retired

That is called Karma....

I have a feeling that the membership number will be going up here.

I didnt post this over there because I didnt want to throw gas on the car fire, but I would guess it comes down to what QDMA perceives as a loss of income from all those that use the site and arent members. I am a member of a couple of sites because there are different folks in places, and I am a habitat junkie.:D I have been and still am a member of a number of non profit outdoor organizations, such as DU, Delta, Pheasants Forever, etcc. and I can honestly say that none of them have struck me as so $$ hungry and less willing to share info without paying for it as QDMA. In my opinion they focus too much on how they can generate funds as opposed to generating involved members. It seems to be a underlying current to everything they do. Maybe the other organizations are just better at disguising it.

[QUOTE=":D I have been and still am a member of a number of non profit outdoor organizations, such as DU, Delta, Pheasants Forever, etcc. and I can honestly say that none of them have struck me as so $$ hungry and less willing to share info without paying for it as QDMA. They focus too much on how they can generate funds as opposed to generating involved members.[/QUOTE]

And as they all are nothing but paid advertisers place holders, with no content to support their objectives, I have dropped my membership with them.

QDMA has clearly demonstrated with their move to drop the forum that they are Quality Dollar Management Accumulators ...

My gut is telling me that this is a calculated move and that there will either be a pay to use forum on the new qdma site or there will be a pay for access to articles, etc. on the new site. Make it available only to members and they see a net gain in membership in the end.

I think QDMA will regret this move. The wealth of information that will simply disappear is what frustrates me. For an outfit that claims their forum was not an affective way to reach members I am going to be REAL disappointed if they go to some sort of member so my or pay to use resource.

Has anyone posted a link to this forum over there ? Just incase they wanted to migrate here.

Their loss. Hopefully there are a boat load of guys checking this site out right now. Welcome to all.

I guess I'm not helping things over there by posting about activity levels since the last dust up here. Wasn't trying to be a jerk and I do hope this place picks up again. If it does, I'd strongly suggest that John get one of you guys (heck, anyone that posted in this thread would be a good choice) to volunteer to mod. I really don't believe one can run a large forum without a mod regularly reading all the threads...Just one idiot's opinion.

Qdma will regret this move -- this site will pick up again.

I think we need to keep posting over there that we have a viable solution to the QDMA site before they shut it down.

The loss of Paul Knox's information is a travesty. His general info can be found elsewhere, but his specific answers and suggestions to individual posters will all be gone. Dick move that it won't even be left up as a read only resource, even if future posting was shut down.

Hi guys. I stumbled across this board a few weeks ago and have been checking occasionally. I'm "reynolr" over on the QDMA board but I've named my farm "cedar ridge" recently and will now use that as my user name. I hope a ton of the QDMA guys come on over here (I've seen quite a few already) to keep sharing all the valuable knowledge that they have. I have to get my "habitat" fix every day and I'm simply too much of a noob to considering going it alone. Looking forward to continuing to meet new folks, make new friends, and learn more about making my property more attractive and beneficial to wildlife. I'm hoping the QDMA's loss is a huge habitat-talk gain.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to all the new guys

I didnt post this over there because I didnt want to throw gas on the car fire, but I would guess it comes down to what QDMA perceives as a loss of income from all those that use the site and arent members. I am a member of a couple of sites because there are different folks in places, and I am a habitat junkie.:D I have been and still am a member of a number of non profit outdoor organizations, such as DU, Delta, Pheasants Forever, etcc. and I can honestly say that none of them have struck me as so $$ hungry and less willing to share info without paying for it as QDMA. In my opinion they focus too much on how they can generate funds as opposed to generating involved members. It seems to be a underlying current to everything they do. Maybe the other organizations are just better at disguising it.

Exactly - but you can bet that they will LOSE a bunch of members over their decision as well!

I put my plug in for this forum over there. Really surprised they'd shut it down though. That's the biggest attraction to qdma in my opinion.

I guess I'm not helping things over there by posting about activity levels since the last dust up here. Wasn't trying to be a jerk and I do hope this place picks up again. If it does, I'd strongly suggest that John get one of you guys (heck, anyone that posted in this thread would be a good choice) to volunteer to mod. I really don't believe one can run a large forum without a mod regularly reading all the threads...Just one idiot's opinion.

Steve
Maybe you could put a plug in for this forum over there seeing so many follow your posts ?