Live from the stand thread

Oh and when your not using your machine store it in a plastic bag. humidity is not good for the ozone plate and ozonics will NOT sell you a replacement

In the 20s this morning. Nice Halloween day hunt. Not BEF7AEAE-63CB-4DF6-A16D-F1DC746B3F1C.jpeg used to this cold though.

My stand this morning was over a water hole about fifty yards off a plot. Sat until noon and Saw a small spike feeding in the plot , what I guess was a 2 1/2 year old 6 or 8 pointer who appeared to just be cruising, then I watched a doe feeding on acorns for about 45 minutes. No shot opportunities. Long cold sit but had some viewing spread out so it was a nice morning.

Also so a big coyote right at noon. - he busted me right away. That was my signal to climb down.

Having some lunch and I’ll probably head back out after a little break.

We just had a dusting of snow and only supposed to be 32 degrees today. Hoping that will get the deer moving tonight. I plan to hit it hard the rest of the week. Be back in the 60s tomorrow which is fine, as I am not ready for cold and snow.

Not sure with the small amount of Ozone being produced by an Ozonics. i believe they recommend keeping the unit outside of the box though. You dont want to be sucking in the air out of an industrial generator. Everything I read says it can damage lung tissue. O3 has a short half life so I just make sure the machine in our ozone shed has not run for a couple hours before going in.

I Don't carry one to the stand but everything from bath towel to underware and socks are treated with a big unit. Less than $100 on Amazon. http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/ozone-clothing-shed.6445/

THz for the info
Didn't know about the fact that u cannot replace the plate on the ozonics, that kinda sucks. Will keep that in mind when storing it in the off season.

Love running the big unit on all my clothes in-between sits, less washing and drying of clothes has saved me a ton of time.
Plus I believe in the long run it will be a lot easier on my wool base layers.

20171031_104553.jpg Live from the tractor, this nice 8 has been tending the doe in this field since yesterday. Would be a 30 yard tractor shot. Early breeding this year I'd say.

Quiet afternoon so far. Did see another doe.

My wife is off this week bowhunting. She had this buck at 41 yards tonight. She isn't comfortable shooting that far and let him walk.

We have trail cam pics of this buck in daylight on the 22nd, 24th, 25th, 26th and again today. Hopefully my wife can take advantage.

IMG_0168.JPG IMG_0355.JPG IMG_0585.JPG

Was a chilly, slow set till almost dark. Then I saw a couple does and a fawn and a lone spike buck wandering by himself. We will see what tomorrow brings.

My wife is off this week bowhunting. She had this buck at 41 yards tonight. She isn't comfortable shooting that far and let him walk.

We have trail cam pics of this buck in daylight on the 22nd, 24th, 25th, 26th and again today. Hopefully my wife can take advantage.

Sounds like he's very comfortable around your place. Hopefully he makes a mistake and your wife nabs him.

Fingers crossed.

^^^ Yes, this buck is very comfortable on the property. We'll see what happens.

Update:

Well I would say I definitely was on the end of more tricks than treats last night.

Showed up to the stand, no seat pad, stood for the majority of the sit. Still scratching my head, thought I had reinstalled everything this summer.
Wind was straight out of the perfect angle just to ride right up my back, 32 when I set up felt a lot colder with a 17mph wind most of the night.

3 small bucks, one doe,

The one treat, hit the horns together an rattled in a 2 1/2 to within 10 yards, came in about 25 seconds almost was to quick to get the horns down an the bow in hand. Would have been in a pickle if was a shooter.

Other various observations,
Not real impressed with my new mucks, had my old pair for 8 years, these just don't seem as warm.
The fan on the ozonics is loud when in boost mode. I think it would be an issue on any day there is little to no wind to mask the sound.
2 of the bucks were dead down wind an did not seem to care
The bigger one I rattled in stood dead downwind at 15 yards looking right at me, he knew something was wrong, an after about 20 seconds took off, didn't blow out but wasn't sure what the heck was up in that tree.

Last edited:
Well I have hit that "dead" time of year for me. Deer sightings during the day drop off substantially. I saw a total of 3 deer this am. Nothing that was a shooter. Pulled a card on the camera on the other side of the farm. Good number of pictures, including a couple of new bucks, one of which would probably get an arrow if I have a chance. 95% of the pictures are at night though. Between the crops coming out, possibly the increase in road traffic as the slob road hunters begin scouting, the does being pestered by the little bucks, on and on and on..... Never have figured it out exactly, but the same pattern hits every year. Will I eventually see a buck chasing a doe yes, will it be a shooter probably not. While everyone else gets jacked up about hunting this time of year, mine always takes a down turn. I guess thats why I hunt as often as I can earlier in the bow season. I will admit I can hunt all day if I am seeing deer, but when it drops to a trickle I have a hard time staying motivated! Ok I am done with my pity party. Carry on!

Well I have hit that "dead" time of year for me. Deer sightings during the day drop off substantially. I saw a total of 3 deer this am. Nothing that was a shooter. Pulled a card on the camera on the other side of the farm. Good number of pictures, including a couple of new bucks, one of which would probably get an arrow if I have a chance. 95% of the pictures are at night though. Between the crops coming out, possibly the increase in road traffic as the slob road hunters begin scouting, the does being pestered by the little bucks, on and on and on..... Never have figured it out exactly, but the same pattern hits every year. Will I eventually see a buck chasing a doe yes, will it be a shooter probably not. While everyone else gets jacked up about hunting this time of year, mine always takes a down turn. I guess thats why I hunt as often as I can earlier in the bow season. I will admit I can hunt all day if I am seeing deer, but when it drops to a trickle I have a hard time staying motivated! Ok I am done with my pity party. Carry on!
I have experienced the same thing. Our does seem to disperse around rut time. We still get some bucks on the hunt during daylight hours but without the does around they pass through pretty darn quick. This has been going on before we even started bow hunting on our properties so it's not "our" hunting pressure causing it. Life of a small acreage land owner in a heavily hunted area I guess. I put many hours in the stand last weekend and saw 1 deer, a small buck wandering around early Saturday morning. Work is prohibiting me from hunting this week but I'll hit it hard again the 10th-12th. Not overly excited though because last year I sat sunrise-sunset the same weekend and didn't see a deer.

I know there are guys who have it much worse than I do. If I had there same conditions as they do I would have quit deer hunting long ago. Just doing my yearly frustration purge!:emoji_grin: Off to a tree I go.

Sitting in one of my early-season public land spots tonight, forgetting that the public shooting range a half mile away is open till 6, and hunting hours close at 6:09.

Probably won't see anything.......

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Sitting in one of my early-season public land spots tonight, forgetting that the public shooting range a half mile away is open till 6, and hunting hours close at 6:09.

Probably won't see anything.......

Bet their so used to gun fire it doesn't even alarm them.

Nothing in the woods where I was, but two does in the open field I walk through to get back to the truck.