Live from the stand thread

Good luck Bill. And thanks for all you do for us on this forum.

Sheesh should have just had a crop duster come by and pick you up! :emoji_astonished:

Hope you get the chance at a shooter!

Vacation started today and I'm off for the next 11. Looks like we should have some good weather for it.

Another rainy afternoon here, sitting in a pop up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Checking in one last time to check out, heading west to chase a Mullie up an down the hills.
Hope to see some Rut action, would like to see slightly better wind conditions, 15-20 mph most of the time.
But gotta play the hand your dealt, just gunna have to sneak closer than I was hoping to have to stick one.

With the lack of activity at the farm, decided to give it a break an come back an try it again on the 7th,
Hopefully give them a little time to reshuffle a bit with corn coming down daily.

Checking in one last time to check out, heading west to chase a Mullie up an down the hills.
Hope to see some Rut action, would like to see slightly better wind conditions, 15-20 mph most of the time.
But gotta play the hand your dealt, just gunna have to sneak closer than I was hoping to have to stick one.

With the lack of activity at the farm, decided to give it a break an come back an try it again on the 7th,
Hopefully give them a little time to reshuffle a bit with corn coming down daily.
Good luck with the muley hunting!

Too bad no fall turkey permits here
5d37e1941d9d756f14489375df7d6ee7.jpg

Good luck. muley's are hard with a rifle the bow must really be tough.

Made the farm before dark. To late to get on stand so I took the camera to the barn.

Hope this is a sign of good things. both these guys bumped Does but both also settled down and fed.

1st hunt of the year last night. Someone forgot to tell my herd they're supposed to be running. Didn't see or hear a deer on stand. I've never had luck all thru the years hunting on dark, drizzly days.

Yesterday was my 1st hunt of the season.

One little buck, only hunted 3.5 hours.

Had 2 friends hunting in the same area and they had slow days too.

Just hasn't started here yet.
a483162ca3caf0f7db6e389f98fe37ae.jpg
9aa1e4a5901c860b8a59db82a564b2b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Have a little guy chasing four does around. One is really getting dogged. The little guy is on a mission!

Was a good morning...34 deg F and finally winds were only 5-6 mph. Lots of chasing, had one of my target bucks on a doe for about 20 minutes. They were 150 yards away and never came near me. Was good to see him in full lust mode. Hopefully he will make that important mistake.

morning hunt 20171103.jpg

This was 50 yards from my stand on the way out...

rub 20171103.jpg

Checked my cam on the way out and this guy was under my stand yesterday afternoon...note my ladder on the tree to the left ...

10 pt EK000165.JPG

Last edited:
All settled in for my first sit. I might not see any deer but it is beautiful out!!

Same boat here. Nice afternoon.

Spud,
I hope the glove was yours.

North wind tonight, facing right into it and its cooling down.

First day of vacation pulled an all day sit with the full moon slooooow. 1 dink at 940 moved to a bean field at 2 and had a 2yr old at 4pm feeding like it was september..
cebca3ddfdea566a58ab7123157717dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk